Tithe Potency, Will there be more?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kioske, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

Before I start my tithe potency grind again there are a couple questions I have;

Seeing as how everyone was handed a free 50 points, is there going to be another similar way to gain tithe potency points that will negate all of my hard earned grinding? Should I bother?

Will there be one for Stamina or CB? Should I bother?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is no reason NOT to spend the points. You'll get the benefit right away.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

I could spend the points into either CB or Stamina if they are not going to be boosting those for "Free" later. I could also save the points and use them for Judications full time, instead of only using Judication on progression mobs.
  4. Zule Member

everything gained by grind becomes either free or obsolete, sooner or later.
    so enjoy while it matters, but dont waste life grinding.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

Not a dev, but I don't see them giving out free tithe potency anytime soon. Taking everyone to 50 is already more than I expected, and there aren't that many people with more than that.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Next summer 50 STA!
    santargria likes this.
  7. Cirvandal Active Member

50% max health not gonna be much.
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

It will still be better than the 30 something I will have by then, only having 25 now...

The deity grind is a PITA.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

i expect at some point we will see CB and STAM tithe baubles too help newer players as much as the pot ones are currently.
    Mizgamer62 and Kioske like this.
  10. Rougez Active Member

I'm over here laughing at "hard earned grinding". One shooting rooms of old content is super difficult. What they need to do is scale tithe back, I mean way back.
    Mizgamer62 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Cirvandal Active Member

It was as difficult as 99% of content this xpac if you would remove the gating.
  12. Breta Well-Known Member

Well this xpac was one of the worst in the history of eq2. Heck most likely the worst one, that is unless they really outdone themselves in November. Bar is set pretty high tho.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

CB is capped at 4150, which you should achieve with roughly 10-12 points, or less depending on your gear/re-forging stats. Rest should go into Stamina until the new expac comes out and you see what's the what.
  14. Ogdinmar Active Member

I disagree, to a point, my CB caps at 4530 currently in combat and you don't get diminishing until you're past 30 so there is no reason not get to 30 at least before pumping more into sta. especially since some classes need the side of the prestige that doesn't give them pot -> cb conversions and there are massive amounts of % health boost currently available. I think I'm at %1540 max health boost atm. Plus some classes get % max health boost based on cb. So make the choice for your class not the consensus.
    Lucus likes this.
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

Interesting, because if you look at EQ2U, it states that CB hardcaps at 4000, but I have in discussion notes from the forums that CB caps at 4150. But this is not in combat. This is out of combat and also I play mages. Overcap bonus stats do not count toward the hardcap. So perhaps you do only have 4150 plus bonuses. Unless deity counts as all bonus, in which case, WTF is up with the lack of coherent information on anything?
  16. Lucus Well-Known Member

it doesn't if you aren't using the pot to CB conversion, your toons in your sig both have the pot to cb conversion so you don't 'need' more CB from tithe..

with the fact we have 50 tithe pot even on alts it would make sense to put more into crit bonus, stamina is 1% hp a level and 5 stamina=150 health points. (when people can easily run around with 600%-1000% HP % boost from gear and adorns)

more critbonus over the cap(but not utilized) means you have a far more valuable reforge stat to use as fuel for other stats on gear and you have a cushion if you get more overcap item effects.

instead of sacrificing piecemeal a few stats for variable gains, you can get a piece like your epic and reforge into it to get a stat high, like reforging the CB on your epic into strikethrough for example if you are a tank or scout.

you can have overcap of 4150 or higher out of combat if you have enough crit bonus, the reason why it can go up in combat is when you hit potency temps or get AA effects that boost potency when you cast and by doing so with the pot>cb conversion your CB goes up as well.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

The base cap is 4000,but there are a bunch of items, buffs and temp buffs that increase that cap.
    Malleria and Lucus like this.
  18. Skiasss Member

I believe the devs said that their goal is by the end of next xpac to have everyone within 5% of the top end people in regards to tithe potency....and they said u will gain tithe points via acheivements etc. Next xpac so yeah I wouldnt put to many points into it or grind to hard
  19. Ogdinmar Active Member

@carynn Yes my base cb cap is 4000 + 150 over cap from eth offhand + 80 over cap from familiar + 200 over cap in combat from eth rune = 4530 cb cap. not including raid/group buffs. Over the cap buffs increase your hard cap to that new number.
    Carynn likes this.