Tips for using macros.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by BaldNinja, Jul 5, 2023.

1. BaldNinja Member

I've never used macros, and I've tried reading some info on them but there's usually too much shorthanded explanations for me to grasp.

Anyone care to flesh out some info for me and how I should use them?

Sturmlocke likes this.
  2. Hodorology New Member

On YouTube, Bear Necessities & Ion Blaze both have a video explaining them. Blaze's one is in a 10 tips video
    Sturmlocke and BaldNinja like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Start with the Slash Commands page on the wiki.

All a macro is is a collection of slash commands, basically. They've improved the macro interface to make it easier to use a specific spell or gear item in a macro.

A macro can't execute more than two spells. Some people stack up a whole lot of attacks in a macro, since the macro will skip whatever spells are still in cool down and execute the next spell. In general I don't do much of this, unless it's to pair a very quick-casting buff with a spell. That's because I like to use my spells in order of greatest efficiency.

Also, EQ2 macros cannot pause to wait X seconds for an action.
    Sturmlocke and BaldNinja like this.
  4. BaldNinja Member

thank you both!!!
  5. Lambro Member

I heard there was a macro for harvesting. You basically just throw in the harvesting action from your Knowledge book into the macro several times in a row and it's supposed to keep harvesting for you without you needing to hit the button again. Welp I tried it and sadly it stops harvesting after 2 harvests.

Anyone know a way to get this to harvest more than twice? Would love a nice macro so I can skill up my harvesting skills with one key press instead of sitting there and left clicking 20 times.
    BaldNinja likes this.
  6. Daryx Well-Known Member

As Sigrdrifa stated above, a macro can only process two commands. If you put more than two in it, it will execute the first two that are available. So unfortunately, you can't harvest in only one press of a macro, given that there are three pulls in a node.
    BaldNinja and Lambro like this.