Tipple's Focus (spoiler warning)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-SonnyA, Sep 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-SonnyA Guest

So I entered this instance and killed everything, yet I couldn't find out. I had to evac.

I got two items from a chest dropped by Horror and Jealousy. Not very good tho. What's the deal with this zone? It seems so static. Is there a trick to do it? Like to kill mobs in a certain order or hail some of the non-agros at some point?

There are some ghostly gnomes lying face down, but they can't be manipulated. They disappear when you kill the emotion figments, but reappear after you kill Horror and Jealousy.

Any input would be appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-bagrada Guest

I found that too. Killed the aggro mobs, then the spectres, then finally the two tougher "friendlier sounding" mobs. Nothing happened. Only loot was nightblood blood I got a discovery on off one of the aggros. Had to call out. Went back the next day and the lamp wasn't where I'd found it (on a rock up the east coast in SS, just north of the croc cave entrance)
  3. ARCHIVED-SonnyA Guest

Ok, so I've tried to get back in there, but the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] lamp has gone AWOL. Does it spawn in a random location? Because I've visited the spot I found it in several times, only to stare at empty rock.

It was on the east coast of SS too. North of the beach, on the rock formation in the water that has a sort of bridge connecting it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vicious Guest

I found a lamp North of Sinking Sands docks close to one of the crocodile cave openings. I zoned in and found not a single mob to kill. However there was a note wondering why I broke into this djinn's home asking me to not break anything. Quest reward was cinnamon cookies and pu'erh tea.
  5. ARCHIVED-SonnyA Guest

It's almost three months since I stumbled across this lamp. I've been back to the location where I first saw it several times. I haven't seen it since.
    How rare is this find supposed to be? And honestly. If it's that rare, shouldn't the reward for finding it be worth something?
  6. ARCHIVED-Jgok Guest

I pretty much repeated this myself a few days ago... Zoned in (lamp was near the forlorn ghost by Bay of Anuk), zone name came up as "Tipple's Focus." A bunch of "mean" figments and two dancing "nice" figments. I killed all of the mean figments, then the two nice figments (accidentally sicced the pet on one of them while I was typing :p ), then Horror and Jealousy. The named dropped a really crappy mace and an adept book, and then I couldn't zone out at all. If I ever find the lamp again, I'm going to try only killing the aggro creatures first, then the non-aggro "mean" figments, and hopefully not the "nice" figments at all.

The only thing I can figure is that there's something going on with the ghostly figures lying on the floor, but I couldn't find any way to manipulate them at all.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tarmagin Guest

I found this same zone myself. Tried killing all of the evil named mobs first, and nothing happened. Then tried killing the two happy sounding named mobs and nothing happened. Nothing clickable, had to call out as well. So I kept my eye out for the lamp and next time I found it in the same place I zoned in and it was a different zone. Can't remember the exact name now but it was Shimmering Citadel something or other. This zone had some monkeys in it that had two options when you clicked on them: Hail or Feed. Fed the first three and then there were 3 more, so I fed them. Then I went in to the next part of the lamp and there were 7 or 8 level 61 VV "Monkey Killers". Killed these but nothing happened except three of the monkeys were in the middle of the room with a loot option. When you clicked on loot you got 3 crappy body loot items, one was a goblin claw lore item(don't see where that fits in?????). That was it. Had to call out again. Obviously there is something I missed in this zone as well.
    I tried examining a bunch of items inside that I am carrying around that I have not found another use for yet but nothing. Anyone know what the spoon that drops in Cazel's is for? Or the Shimmering Wish that you get from chests in the Shimmering Citadel? Or the Tarnished Scepter?
  8. ARCHIVED-SonnyA Guest

This is interesting. Where did you find the lamp?