Tip - If the game asks if you want to load the Advanced UI, so NO!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Shadrac, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I was clearing a dungeon when the game suddenly asked me whether I wanted to load the advanced UI. The dialog said that it WOULD NOT change the things I had already setup.

Well, that sounded nice, so I clicked yes, and then all of my hotkeys were completely changed. By the way, it overwrote the hotkey settings that I had spent so much time arranging.

Why is this in the game? Who would anyone want to have all of their hotkeys randomized? And why promise that nothing would change when everything changes?
  2. Morfydd Active Member

<Wil Wheaton's toon chuckles evilly as Sheldor's hotkeys are randomized>
    Shadrac and Mayali like this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

There's an Advanced UI?
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

I think it's the heroic hotbar thing setup they put in for people who create a lvl85 toon starting out in EQ2.
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Actually I think it's the other way around. There is a simple Heroic setup, the advanced UI is the normal UI that most of us are used to.
    Finora likes this.
  6. Shadrac Well-Known Member

"Wheeeeatonnn!" :mad:
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

The advanced UI is the normal one most of us started with hehe.

The one the OP lost is the herioc character starter UI.

I think there might be a way for someone to get it back, but I don't know what it is. I've never had anything but the normal UI or a custom UI.