Tiny Undead Knight V (Master)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elarinya, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Elarinya Member

https://gyazo.com/c409500e16e2c68383c5be6a668a43f7

https://gyazo.com/03d64e655b5839d40cfab7ffb5c16e41

Is this intentional? The adept and Apprentice versions of the level 52 necromancer pet 'Undead Knight V' are large as a human character model, yet when I upgraded the pet to Master.. he became tiny. I targeted him so it could be shown there was no Shrink minion active.

it's really really REALLY upsetting because I spent the entire time leveling looking foward to this pet. I had no idea he was a toddler.
  2. Tangris Well-Known Member

If you click on him and choose options you can change the model. I do not know if your model is one of the choices but it may be.
  3. Elarinya Member

I've done that, I can change him to the previous versions (Hence the above picture of the adept skin vs the master skin for comparison) my problem is that I saw the master version and thought it looked cool. It's a large part of what attracted me to EQ2, and now I find out he's a 'little person.' An undead toddler with armor. It's incredibly upsetting. His armor and weapons looks SO COOL. So Why is he a battle toddler?!
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I replied to your post on Discord, you don't have shrink mercenary activated do you?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just did the test on my Necro on Test. She cast the master spell and knight was ridiculously small (reaches the top of my thigh on a female dark elf). I summoned my merc and cast shrink mercenary (it wasn't cast before and I'm pretty sure it's the first time I ever used the spell) the uncast it and nothing changed on the knight.
    If I use "change appearance" on the pet, all summoned pets on the first page are the same size, aka very small (button for "next page" doesn't work so can't check), but they seem to have that same default size when I cast them.
    (Wilhelmina - Test server, in case anyone with admin privileges wants to copy my char over to check)
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

...also check to see if you have "Shrink Servant" enabled. Necro spell, level 10 iir.

and lol battle toddler. I just picture jack-jack in full on mental mode in full battle regalia..
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Now I have that image in mind too lol

And after using shrink servant on said pet, I have the in-game image too (yes, shrink servant shrinks my mini-pet and now he's only up to my knee):
    [IMG]

Here's the regular size:
    [IMG]
  8. Elarinya Member

I did not have shrink servent active. Here's another gem:
    Necromancer mage pets, at least Grim Sorceror 1,2 and 3, have zero spell particles. My fiery magician on my conjuror alt do have their spell particles. Grim Sorc just stands there. I know that, mathmatically, he's still doing damage, but that's not fun at ALL. Seeing my mage pet casting spells is a large part of the fun in using him. I can record a video of it, but I imagine the bug (or is this intentional?) is easily replicated. I did play with my particle settings. I see everyone elses particle effects on cast, and i see my Fiery magician (on my conj alt's) spells perfectly. It's only Grim Sorc that lacks them.
  9. Elarinya Member

Also that's why i SPECIFICALLY targeted my pet when I took those screen captures of the battle toddler. I knew people would ask about shrink servant. It is not active.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  10. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

This thread gets better and better.... itty bitty necro pets omg its so cute
    When I log on, I'll check the reaper pet to see if its shorter than normal.

oh, and I was ascared to click on the image hosting links... so my bad

HAH.

Gone are the days of yore when my Reaper pet was 15 feet tall and menacing !
    In other words, it seems like a global reduction in size, and not necessarily spell level dependent.

now, my grim sorc pet (the 5 disembodied floating skulls) seems large (default)

Maybe its only the humanoid-ish ones? I'll keep testing them - and giving them a tickle. Maybe two.
    Argosunited, Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.
  11. Elarinya Member

The problem with Grim sorc (At least 1, 2 and 3) is that their casts have no spell particles. Like spell graphics. They are absent completely. Are you getting the same problem with your grim sorc?
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

ok.. this first image is undead knight. level 1 spell, apprentice.
    [IMG]

and cycling through the rest of my pets - don't point to a specific thing that causes some to be be small. The level 97 version of this spell (undead knight ix) is taller despite using the same skeleton model. Here he is with the shink servant active:
    [IMG]

/shrug. I don't have a logical answer
    Argosunited, Breanna and Whilhelmina like this.
  13. Elarinya Member

Sorry, it wasn't clear. Since the development team acknowledges this bug exists, are there plans to fix it? The tank pets (Undead KNight) and caster pet (Grim Sorcerer) also have ZERO particle effects on ability use/spell cast. These two bugs (No spell graphics and tiny undead knight) have apparently been around for a while, but I'll assume that it's because no one made a bug report about them.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Conjurer is the same.
    Their sizing is pretty ridiculous. Too much spinach imo.
    Earthen Avatar IX Master - shrunk
    [IMG]

Earthen Avatar IX Master - un-shrunk
    [IMG]
    Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  15. Elarinya Member

My conjuror has that pet and it's not that big. You sure it's not being bolstered =3 You seem to have a friend there with you.

Also I'm on TLE, so I don't have access to tier 9 pets yet. Still, the fact that Undead Knight V is in terror toddler form is a problem, because it's the coolest pet skin I have access too at the moment.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Nope it's not bolstered. Do you have the master?
    Also this is on live and she's level 106, so maybe not the same pet.

My friend is my pack pony. Is that what you're talking about? I'm the fae.
    Quillyne likes this.
  17. Quillyne Active Member

I wish my pack pony was as good a friend to me as yours is to you...mine never bolsters anything.
    Argosunited likes this.