Tinkering Daily : Can We Get One?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Hilt, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Hilt Guest

/discuss
    I love that i can get my adorning up with a daily quest. Now for my Tinkering...
  2. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

already been discussed over and over..... basic reason is that tinkering uses common harvests - easy to get by anyone, through different methods ( you harvesting the raws, guild harvest box, alts harvesting, friends harvesting and giving you the raws, buying raws off broker).
    Adorning requires transmutting of specific items to have a breakdown of the items needed for adorning.
    no reason to discuss it further <.>
  3. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Hilt wrote:
    I have heard for some time that they were going to add in such a daily quest, but I must have missed the information that it actually went in. Where's that stated, and where can I do that?

Thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Eriol wrote:
    You can get the adornment daily quest in any cities main crafting area. In Qeynos and Freeport that means the Iron Forge Exchange or Coalition of Tradefolk.
  5. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Well you could use that argument against writs for every other kind of handcrafted tradeskilling, too, and yet they offer writs of two types for every kind of crafter. Should they take writs away from all provisioners because this particular skill doesn't require any rares and you can "harvest them all yourself" and use "common harvests?" Or because it has the cheapest fuel costs? Nope.
    Tinkering is left out in the cold for no good reason I can see. Most of it's useless anyway compared every other tradeskill, so honestly, why not give it a writ?
    Arguing about how easy or useful it is aside, what about this? Having a writ to do is just plain motivating for some people. Doing a daily writ would certainly keep me on track and help me get tinkering up on an alt.
  6. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Gilli@Blackburrow wrote:
    If I recall correctly, the adorning daily gives you the supplies. I think that's what the poster is referring to.
  7. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    Yes, it deals with supplies - adorning supplies are a lot more difficult to get and very time consuming. Tinkering supplies are very very easy to obtain. Big difference.
    Well, for Gilli - I'm sure if you and your friends yell hard enough, the devs will bow to you. This game is constantly being nerfed over and over and over. Peeps complain about not having the flavor of the month horse quest, so now, they can buy it.
    Besides if Tinkering is "useless" as you say, then it just ain't worth having a writ a day. And you don't need a writ to "keep you or anyone on track" - just like getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth - you log on EQ2 daily and do your tinker..... NBD.
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Ha! I predicted it:
    Calthine wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Not uncommon. It was a sure bet as many predictions of this nature. Anything someone gets, others want it too. Can't get the horse from a quest you already did.... complain and you'll get it at the merchant. Want a way to change your profession without betraying. Complain and you'll get it. Want to FD just like certain classes do. Complain and you'll get it. Group or raid boss/zone too hard. Complain and the zone/boss will get nerfed. Zones too heroic for solo. Complain and you'll get it nerfed. Quest too long and don't want to do it on every alt. Complain and buy the reward. Want more house/bank space. Complain and you'll get it.
    All the above and more were actually done. And that's just a few examples. Writs for crafters of any type. Complain and eventually you just may get it - including transmuting writs. :p
  10. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Still don't see the comparison.
    I wouldn't mind having Tinkering writs, I SERIOUSLY hate crafting but still do rush orders on 2 x XP days.
    If there weren't writs I'd still be level 20 something after 6 years, instead I'm finally level 54 and plan on making it to at least 65 next time we have 2 x XP (what else is a 90/250 player to do when they don't like playing alts and don't want to waste the 2 x XP)?
    If I could do tinkering writs I'd probably be higher than level 15 lol.
    As long as you have to get your own mats I don't see the problem.
    I also don't see the problem with people retroactively getting quest rewards for quests they have done in the past. There are seriously worse things going on in our game to complain about.
  11. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I don't think a tinkering daily, even one that does give the supplies, is all that unreasonable. The argument could be made that adornment items don't come as easily as harvesting supplies but they *are* still possible to get. So the daily saves the work it would be in getting the supplies. And a tinkering daily would just mean a little less harvesting for a tinkerer.
    I've honestly never understood why tinkering was setup to use normal supplies. It seemed out of balance that the secondary tradeskills wouldn't have their own materials. When it was first announced, I was looking forward to using cogs and widgets and anti-thaumbic comabulators to make my tinkering items, not roots and wood, so I was rather disappointed.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

13. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    You'll have to ask the dev who designed tinkering as to the details on the development of the secondary skill. I have two tinker characters and it wasn't a big deal to skill them up. It also didn't take all that long to do. And both always harvested their own materials and gained their harvest cloak along the way.
    It's juat all part of what goals you set for your characters and the methods used to get to those goals. If you wish to make all those goals very easy to obtain, then the goals become much less of a reward. Less challenges and the game becomes less fun to play.
    I didn't like how adorning got nerfed, but I could understand it. I believe the majority of peeps who selected adorning as a goal, spent 30-80plat in achieving that goal because it was faster than the normal method. However, my characters chose the normal method. Yes, it took them longer, but the satisfaction level and the achievement challenge was at a very high level, plus the cost was miniscule in comparison.
    However, each to their own style of playing. Apparently to you, the goal of becoming a tinker was outweighed by how one becomes a tinker. And since you didn't like the method, naturally you became disappointed.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

As someone that has leveled Transmuting to 400 the old (and hard way), then Adorning to 450, and then Tinkering to 450...
    Tinkering is fine as-is, and does not need a daily writ. I personally don't agree with an Adorning daily writ, as Adorning and Transmuting were meant to be expensive to level.
  15. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    What, dude? My comment was based around the fact that I would have liked to see actual tinkering-aimed mats like there are adorning-aimed mats. It would have been nice to see the types of things you see during Tinkerfest used as the actual mats. It seemed out of symmetry when tinkering was introduced that one used normal mats and one used specialty mats.
    And in the same breath you say that you didn't like how adorning got nerfed and how things are bad if they become easy to obtain, but you go on about how tinkering was so easy. So are you saying tinkering really wasn't it worth it to you?
  16. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    You do realize that Tinkerfest recipes give you skill ups right? In fact Tinkerfest recipes might even be the most cost effective means of raising Tinkering, as the furniture can be resold to other players.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fantor Guest

So with the logic that because the harvests are easily attainable tinkerers don't deserve a daily writ or quest like crafting and adorning get? Are you serious? Thats pretty weak, lol.
  18. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Primary tradeskill classes get writs as a means of earning slightly faster XP once their pristine bonus experience runs out. They must do significantly more combines than tinkering or transmuting to reach a max level, even with full-on bonus XP. Regular tradeskills must also do recipe combines that are close to their level to gain XP.
    Meanwhile Tinkering and Adorning skill ups are luck based, and they're both based off of concepts from other games (Enchanting from WoW and other MMOs, Tinkering from EQ1). You can increase your luck at a skill up by doing higher level recipes, or you can grind your way up using cheaply available low level recipes. Either way you have a chance at skill ups.
    I don't like the Adorning dailys. I think it trivializes Adorning as a tradeskill. For that reason I don't support Tinkering dailys either.
  19. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I don't support a tinkering daily either. Tinkering is not even in the same ballpark as adorning, and I've got both at 450.
    A big reason the daily was put in was to relieve some of the burden from actual new players who wanted to buy gear but couldn't because demand for treasured gear by adorners had driven prices on even very low level treasured gear through the roof. 10g was considered cheap for one level 1-9 treasured item at the time I levelled my adorning. That one item broke down into one fragment or one powder. A lesser adorn required six (6) fragments and one (1) powder, for a total of 7 pieces of treasured gear PER COMBINE.
    Adorning materials are not just harvested in multiples like almost every other material is in the game. You can hit a harvest node 3 times and pull anywhere from 1 to 10 of a harvest on each pull. Treasured items do not drop off every mob, they can't be harvested off grey mobs the way regular raw harvests can be harvested out of trivial zones and from nodes that no longer boost harvesting skills. The guild harvest bots don't harvest treaured items and bring back adorning materials either.
    The adorning daily is a means of acquiring these materials, which are again, either often extremely expensive to obtain if you're trying to buy them, or take several pieces of treasured gear broken down into materials to make ONE(1) combine. Tinkering is not the same. I max levelled a tinkerer in two afternoons (2-3 hours each) by just crafting to the first bar. I had an item to sell to recover fuel costs or for personal use, and 50% of the time a skillup. There's no way I could have done adorning that fast unless I'd had literally hundreds and hundreds of plat to buy the materials. Farming that many treasured items would have taken much, much longer than two days.
  20. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Senya wrote:
    A friend of mine began muting/adorning same time I did. Most of the time, he purchased and farmed the items to mute into the mates for adorning. I totally harvested the T -1 & T-2 and some T-3 rares, made spells/gear, muted them for the adorning mats. I got to 400 about a week or so after he did. His costs were like 70+ plat. Mine was less than 100 gold.
    We were both at cap when muting/adorning was introduced. Now it's even easier to mute or adorn if you bring up a character who mutes the loot not needed. Tinkering - well, it's just having enough raws to work up skillups as you said - a few hours. Why anyone wants to have a daily... I just don't understand when you can skill up in a few days.