Tinkerfest 2020 is almost here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 22, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Seize your toolbox and get ready to celebrate all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof! The explosive fun at Gnomeland Security in the Steamfont Mountains has JUST begun, and you're invited to be a part of this excellent event.

From Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 12:01 AM PT until Thursday, August 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT, you can take part in all of the mechanization celebrations!

[IMG]

Grab your favorite wrench and get ready for adventures, misadventures, crafts, rewards, and so much more! Wondering what's new for this year? Let's take a look and see!

New Items and Craftables:
    Visit Myron, one of the Tinkerfest merchants in Gnomeland Security, and browse his new wares!
    • Goldchassis Bulkhorn Runner
    • Faulty Carbonite Power Node
    • Clackwhinge Hazard Warner IV
    • Perpetual Mechanamagical Apparatus
    • Cellar Pump Chassis
    • Innovative Guard Plushie
    • Cyanic Battleclock
    • And more that are sure to set your gears in motion!
    Myron also has the new Tradeskill recipe book, Tinketfest Blueprints 12.0, available to those who aren't afraid of getting a little grease under their nails!

[IMG]

We've got something brand new for the Marketplace, during Tinkerfest this year!

Autognomous Drone Box
    When added to your inventory this Autognomous Drone Box will give you one heirloom clockwork drone and one heirloom tinkered weapon!
    • 4 of the drones are flavor pet spells. 1 drone is a familiar (rarer item). Any of the drones can be turned into house item plushies (but cannot be turned back).
    • The weapons are appearance only.

[IMG]

Kaladim:
    • The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Aether races (Great Divide, Butcherblock, Lavastorm, Tenebrous Tangle), The Legend of the Geargobbler, The Reticent Tinkerer, Tinker Bound History, A Clockwork Snafu, Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention, and "Hack 'n Slash" (PQ)
    • In-game mail to announce TLE event

Be sure to enjoy the explosive Tinkerfest celebrations before they fizzle out on August 5, 2020!
  2. Baphmistra Active Member

Awesome!! I'm the first one to reply here, which is great. Thank you all for your efforts on keeping Norrath going, RL just isn't worth being in at the moment. It would be nice to bring back the LON card game, or the house portal from that deck, but then again I could also ask for the player dungeons to grant XP again, so that mine is generating awards. Sigh, while I'm at it I could ask for a vaccine for covid, or maybe a boss called covid that can be defeated by Bristlebane weaponry. Maybe this will be the year where we have a Gnomish tank mount, capable of shooting rocks at gatherable resources. Instead all I can really hope for is that the servers stay healthy, along with all the wonderfully, silly people who wonder just how sane I'm not. :):p
    Sajitari, Breanna, Kaitheel and 4 others like this.
  3. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said. I really like the gathering, rock shooting, Gnomish tank mount idea; it would be so cool. I am not a programmer and even I am thinking, "I wonder how much work that would take?" That being said, excellent creativity Baphmistra. Thank you Dreamweaver and the entire Daybreak/Darkpaw team.
    Breanna, Baphmistra, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Oh I SO love Tinkerfest!! My little Beastlord Gnome lassie Twylana Level 100 Weaponsmith waits all year for it! Rev up the wrenches, the gnomish toolkits, the hammers N saws! Here she is reveling in Tinkerfest 2020 with her Owl Mount Oliver, Twile her Prowler Kitten, Fippy Darkpaw Mercenary & Familiar Rabbit Twitter.

[IMG]
    Breanna, Cassta, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you so very much for the tinker fest we got on Kaladim .
    you should see people all over in town and in Steam front , to bad the next expansion is still over 2 months away .
    But people were surprised how much we got ( did not pay attention to anouncements or they would not be )
  6. AshianaDragon Member

Thank you so much for this event - I've never done tinkerfest in 4 years... Just a quick question about a Clockwork Snafu - are the Bleachbone harpies supposed to take 10 minutes each to kill (and you need 8) in step 3 of the 10 steps to complete. I'm a level 120 Necro, or am I supposed to afk and let my pet a healer merc do the fight for me while I go make coffee, have lunch or whatever? Just saw a lower level toon give up after 12 minutes and not even 5% health of said siren going down. Just curious :)
    Cassta and Kaitheel like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I'm glad you're taking a swing at Tinkerfest, AshianaDragon! No, the harpies shouldn't be that time consuming. Unfortunately, a bug was introduced to the live event buff package for level 120 mobs. Thankfully, it just means taking a longer time than intended to kill them, but it still is less than ideal. It should be resolved with the next Hotfix (currently scheduled for Tues. July 28).

~ Kaitheel
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I always suggest you mentor down 10 to 20 levels to kill mobs like that for any festival .
  9. AshianaDragon Member

thank you, I'll try that!
    Breanna and Cassta like this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, the problem with Tinkerfest event mobs* is only affecting level 120 players - they have a bit too much mitigation. Even mentoring down 5 levels will do the trick on them. (*The PQ mobs are fine, it is just the Tinkerfest quest mobs with the issue). As Kaitheel says, it'll be fixed Tuesday, but until then, mentoring down is the way to go if you don't have heroic/raid potency levels. :D
    Breanna, Cassta and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

last year I has that problem with the harpies on a middle level character with ok gear and I mentored down .
    Breanna, Cassta and Rosyposy like this.
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

you know TLE isn't the only ones that pay subs... ;)
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Ahlyrial Member

So, does Tinkerfest end today (August 5th as stated above by date) or tomorrow Thursday (August 6th)?

"From Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 12:01 AM PT until Thursday, August 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT"
    Cassta likes this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

That means it ends tonight 1 minute before midnight Pacific time
    Cassta likes this.