Tinkered Dislodgers after the change...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Arieste, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Arieste Well-Known Member

So i can now buy a prismatic dislodger for 15p that removes all adorns AND preserves the item.

My tinkered one, requires approx 60p worth of components for a dislodger that DOES NOT preserve the item. Plus it requires actual crafting. That makes no sense.

A simple fix would be to remove the Mana requirement from the recipe. This would leave you with a tungsten being only rare needed with a 3-8p cost for a dislodger that destroys item, which would be balanced vs. the 15p one that keeps item.
    Feldon likes this.
  2. Caith Developer

The crafted versions were missed in the first change, that will be corrected.
  3. Arieste Well-Known Member

Awesome, ty!
  4. Wintir Active Member

By chance, does it returns the entire spectrum of adorns? purple included?
  5. suka Well-Known Member

this isn't tinkered. it is adorning.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

yes - i used it already and it gave me everything back- cheaper than buying all that stuff to transmute in hopes of getting manas
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

hrmm... that would make it difficult to explain then how my character - who is a tinkerer and not an adorner - is able to make prismatic dislodgers. i also distinctly remember paying 300p for the tinkered recipe to make it, back when they were rare drops.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

tinkered? really? i'll check mine again. she is an adorner as well as a tinkerer so i assumed it came from adorning since the recipe calls for adorning components like mana.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

my apologies. it appears it is tinkered. so why does a tinkered recipe use adorning components? makes no sense. i do hope they will change the recipe.
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

It removes adornments, manas are the primary component in an adornment. The idea (which made sense) was that if that you want to get back 2 Fabled adornments (and save yourself 2 manas + other adorn components + tradeskiller work), then you should have to invest those two manas into making the dislodger, otherwise adorners would go out of business (since no one will want NEW adornments anymore). This is kinda the case now, since adorners are basically hooped now - once someone makes a full set of fabled adorns, they'll never need new ones ever again, since it'll be dirt cheap just to pull out their own AND keep the item they're on.

Also, just technically - manas aren't produced by adorners, they're produced by transmuters.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

it's not that they will never need new ones, but that these will last for at least 10 levels. which was usually the case with the superior adornments. so for this expansion and then next expansion, unless they come out with some even newer adornments, these will be all you need. but when they go past 100, there will be new adornments.