Time Warp How To

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-da5idblacksun, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-da5idblacksun Guest

Make a macro and put three calls to Time Warp in there. Even though the spell description says that you can't cast in someone consecutively, really the immunity is on a timer and if you rotate three people then you can always cast it when its ready.
    You need to put a target name in each instance of the spell in the macro. It works on yourself so put your name in there. The other two should be filled in the following priority:
    1. Mages
    2. Healers
    3. Bards or Crusaders
    (there might be debate about the order of 2 and 3).
    It is a group wide spell so you can only choose from members of your group.
    When you cast it on someone they get a red message informing them of this fact. When you cast it on yourself you do not get this message but the spell works (is this a bug?).
    Others have listed that the spell is buggy and not working right at the moment. I think it should run for 10 seconds but hey that's just me.
  2. ARCHIVED-kittenboy8 Guest

da5idblacksun wrote:
    Really,i just rotate it on the two best mages in the raid, if im grouping on a mage/crusader/myself. Its also nice to use on yourself and hit manacloak and manatap for situations when your group is low on power. and yes, the duration should be 10 seconds
  3. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Are we sure timewarp works on manatap? It doesn't look like it does to me. However, I could be wrong and don't have numbers in front of me at the moment.
  4. ARCHIVED-vinere Guest

vexrm wrote:
    I think it adds ticks to it.. not making it double... they treat mana increasing spells basically as heals, and i think thats how time warp works on heals.
  5. ARCHIVED-kittenboy8 Guest

vexrm wrote:
    Yes it does effect manatap, adds a few triggers making it go from every 4 seconds to every 2.6 seconds
  6. ARCHIVED-defect9 Guest

I always wondered if it was worth making individual buttons for each person that timewarp would be cast on, since you can only cast on group members. I mean, I get it for Prismatic Chaos, but for a groupmember only spell? F-keys seem way easier when I have a macro each set to target the MT and MA. Especially since with the 2-3 coercers in the raid, I rarely should be cross-feeding other groups anyhow, I can cut down on hotbar space as long as my F-keys work.
    also, interesting sidenote on timewarp. Assassin's blue aoes have been classified as spells in the system, somehow. They'll doubleattack with timewarp. At least, that's what a random assassin I grouped with said when I hit them with it (heavy scout group and I was trying to be funny). May be worth testing it out on other non-caster classes.
  7. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

What is the cleanest way to target a pet for Time Warp (hi there Elemental Blast)? I haven't found anything super convenient yet.
  8. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

defect9 wrote:
    Sk's harm touch, Brawler devastation fist and sol ro miracle incinerate all double up. Prolly better off letting those folk ask for a time warp though than you guessing when the right 5s window is for their 5-45 min reuse spell to be worth using.
  9. ARCHIVED-defect9 Guest

Banditman wrote:
    I use the double-mash F-key method, seems to work. but, that goes hand in hand with having target tank/offtank macros, as it seems easier for me to alternate actions between left and right hand faster than relying on just one hand. Sort of like the philosophy of most Dvorak keyboard setups.

Lag, however, tends to negate any advantages most days
  10. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

I do:
    /target_group_pet # where # is the group position the summoner is STARTING counting at 0. So if they are in the first position it's 0 and if they are in the fourth position it's 3....

Cast time warp however you want

/target_previous
  11. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

I have significant lag because of a poor connection (out in nowhere, end of the line). I do end up spamming my spells. If I cannot create macros for POM, DR, TW because the fact is that about 4 out of 5 times its a lie. The spell never casts and I have to attempt to recast it over and over again spamming the group/person/raid with a "fake" macro.
    For TW, it logs "Time Warp is ready to use!" which I have my group create a custom trigger in ACT to pick up. Without creating a plug-in anyone have success with notification that Time Warp has been cast on the user? Also, any plug-ins available for POM and DR before I create something? Why can't SOE just put in a silly line in the log that its been cast! ><
  12. ARCHIVED-Celestian_GC Guest

vexrm wrote:
    That's what I do for pets.
    This is one annoying spell I almost wish I didn't have. I try to get them to setup ACT and do triggers so I don't have to announce the buff... I think I need to just force them to and stop coddling them although the pet doesn't work in the targetbox of a spell (they use same name as themselves).

Wish they would just put the buff on them and give them 2 or 3 charges of double proc and be done with it.
  13. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

vexrm wrote:
    Well this weekend that macro completely broke. It ended up wild. Sometimes the tank would get it, sometimes the ranger, sometimes I'd get it, sometimes the necro, sometimes the conji, sometimes one of the two pets.... It was completely wild.
  14. ARCHIVED-Celestian_GC Guest

vexrm wrote:
    You have to test each time your group is formed manually. If the person is NOT in the same slot each raid it will stop working. Just manually run the /target_group_pet 0-5 till you get it.
  15. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

It was numbered correctly. It seems like the macro completely breaks any time I have two summoners in the group. I then delete it, set it up how it was, and all is fine till I get two summoners....
  16. ARCHIVED-EsztiEdgedancer Guest

its numbered 0-4.. just to avoid confusion for new people:)
    /target_group_pet <#> - Target a group member's pet (<#> = 0 to 4, 0 being the first group member in the order shown in the group window)
  17. ARCHIVED-Celestian_GC Guest

I've never had 2 summoners in a group. We just picked up a necro so perhaps I'll get the chance to see myself. I have had myself in a group w/pet and the conji w/pet so it should be the same...
  18. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

The last raid went fine. Necro and I both had pets out. All was well. Macro worked perfectly besides the whole sometimes having to double click it annoyance. I'm starting to think the F buttons MIGHT be faster for this.
  19. ARCHIVED-kaeleth Guest

I personally have it set up as a raid hotkey in profit. Is really easy, just have to press the button by their name. It really is just an extra tool we have and I generally don't take requests on when to cast it. It really is not efficient to do so, and frankly we have pleanty to do without requests.