Time to overhaul some berserker skills to adapt to T9

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

I'll try to keep it realistic, based on T9 master:

Juggernaught: instead of useless 27% crit chance (to end up with 170% crit in group/raid) it should provide 7 crit chance, 7 crit bonus and 7 potency
    Bloodbath: 12 seconds re-use (to add some real 360 degree and more than 4 targets AE capability).
    Berserk proc: instead of useless dps and haste (to end up with 250% dps and haste in group/raid) it should provide 15% dps, 15% haste, 3% crit bonus, 8% potency
    AA clicky berserk: add immunity to stiffle, stun, root, charm, mezz, fear (10 seconds)
    Open Wounds: Enable your auto attack to hit EIGHT enemies with around you.

Why do all those berserker defining abilities end up in redundancy? That's some kind of unfair and imbalanced. Special skills and abilities of other (fighter) classes remain 100% usefull throughout the tiers. Ending up with 170% crit chance and 250% haste etc is no improvement... it's stupid.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

ZerkerDwarf wrote:
    Juggernaut: Agreed. It used to be the class defining ability that produced sick numbers on the few times that it was up. Now in T9 with legendary+ gear, it is useless unless you AA spec for it and get the 5 crit bonus added. The very definition of juggernaut should be upgraded to account for changes in the combat system and the OP's suggestion is relevant.
    Bloodbath: Not sure. It looks fine to me tbh and already hits more than 4. It's either 8 or 10.
    Berzerk clicky: Agreed. Makes sense and adds something useful to the endline AA because it's useless atm.
    Open Wounds: Agreed as long as the intention is to give it some value over Whirlwind because every T9 zerker should have Whirlwind. If 8 targets is too much, go with 6. It would still provide some use in those situations.
  3. ARCHIVED-rabid.pooh Guest

The next expansion as I understand it, they're supposed to be looking at all the mele caps, and adjusting them. For instance the reason Double Attack is now called Multi attack as next expansion this will be working as a triple attack mechanism when your multi attack hits 200%.
    While the crit in Juggernaught isn't really needed, it already gives potency and with aa you get the crit bonus.
    TBH I think if they look at zerkers they're going to do more nerfage than anything else, more so with them readdressing the mele caps so ya... nothing to see here move along.
  4. ARCHIVED-Brdiael Guest

open wounds is useless as it stands at a t9 stage, i only use it for extra haste nothing more.

if you raid, open wounds you dont even consider as youll hit the cap.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

It would be interesting if the cap on AoE auto-attack were lifted (higher percent over 100% = multi-AoE attack?). Berserkers would be capable of some ludicrously high AoE auto-attack percentages.