Tier`Dal on Faydwer?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Kindayr, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Tamat Guest

I really don't think this is Veeshans symbol. The two places I remember seeing this in EQ1 was Neriak and Plane of Hate. I also think I saw this symbol in The Overthere (Evil town in Kunark).

I think the hint image released to us goes deeper then we know. Keep digging!!! :)
  2. ARCHIVED-lillin Guest

This symbol was also on the spectre tower in Oasis.
    All I know of this symbol is it seems to follow dark elfs around. Where ever they have set up at some time the symbol is there it seems.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Aye, I think the bottom right is Rallos Zek's sign also.

This is a little farfetched, but maybe the big part of the thing is Rallos, and the 3 parts sticking out are Rage, Tactics and Strategy?

Going on a limb there, but meh.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Can't be. It's a symbol that the entire erudite race uses in both Paineel and Erudin. They don't worship Rallos Zek. They can't.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Gah, I meant the bottem left. >.<

/duncecap
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Zhek Guest

Could be, I was thinking Torch of Ogguk (I can't spell right now, sinus headache) but could also be Rallos /shrug
  8. ARCHIVED-lillin Guest

that symbol in the bottom right kinda reminds me of the bird/eagle/hawk symbol that the fier dal had all over thier town.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zhek Guest

The firepot in EQ1 that teleports to Erudin:
    [IMG]

the bird seen here would be the hawk symbol:
    [IMG]

and also upon a new revelation, the "firepot" linked to grobb is:
    [IMG]

Viewed from above this would be an X or + which could be the symbol in the top left corner.
    Message Edited by Zhek on 04-18-2006 02:09 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-syous01 Guest

LOL at Grobb's firepot.
  11. ARCHIVED-THteampink Guest

From what I remember, the bottom right symbol is Cazic Thule. The helm symbol is Rallos Zek, the swirly one is Innoruk, and I am guessing the last one is Bertoxxulous. This is just speculation, but I could have sworn those were the symbols they used in EQ1.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Actually, I wouldn't doubt of the Cross is Cazic-Thule.

If we look at the old sign, if the middle sign is truely Veeshan's sign, then the 3 signs surrounding are Brell, Tunare, and Prexus. Didn't they make a pact against Veeshan, just so she wouldn't hog Norrath to herself?

This is another "conspiricy", but if you look at the end of the God's Meeting Lore, Rallos was planning something, a little off of what they agreed upon. Maybe Rallos Zek, Cazic-Thule, Bertox, and Innoruuk defeated the original pact, and now are attacking Veeshan? It goes along with the KoS lore, maybe the next expansion is about the other side of this "War", or Defiement.

Just a theory, nothing hardcore.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kamic Guest

May the gods of ancient dark elfs return to us in peace... haha ya right :p
  14. ARCHIVED-ganix Guest

I highly doubt the "rabbit" symbol in the center is vesheen, THe symbol, is the pride of the Teir`Dal, Even Innoruuk bares the symbol of his creation, I am pretty sure it is the crest of the Teir`Dal Queen, what's her face. This symbol, is also in the Tower of Frozen shadow off of Velios, for those of you who don't remeber that was the HUGE tower with the nice gnolls (nicest gnolls i have ever met) outside, and the several floors that all required a key, there was a library and what not, well on one of the floors, (I think it was the one with the bedroom, and the pool of blood) there were crates scatered throughout this level, all with the crest of the dark elven Queen (the rabbit thingy), and the Bosslady of the whole place, was some kind of vampire Darkelf
    [IMG]
    You can see the top of the crest on the door to the The room with the teleporter to the final level of the tower, with the evil boss lady
    http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=20917 Isn't she UGLY?
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=116 This is a link to the Temple of vessheen, take a look at the screen shots on the page, and pay close atention to the banners, firepits, and doors, and you will clearly see Vesheen has nothing to do with the "rabbit" symbol
    I know I can find more, and will post them if i do, pretty sure There were several "rabbit" symbols in najina (or however you speel it)
    but the Queen is the only trend I see following these symbols.
    Message Edited by ganix on 04-18-2006 11:54 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi Guest

It could be possible that the War of the Fay didn't end..

Could the Tier'dal still be fighting against the Elven forces in the Faydark, with their allies of the Gnomes and Dwarves?

Or better yet... could the Tier'dal have actually won the war outright? Sure, the story goes that the forces of evil was defeated in the War, but Tier'dal are crafty. When they realized that the Queen wasn't going to reinforce them, (Instead going to take the Underfoot) could they have just ran, departed, lived to fight another day..

They could of retreated to Mistmorre Castle, perhaps? Mayong isn't there anymore. And Remember, their are various Tier'dal outposts in the Lesser Faydark.

They go to Mistmorre Castle, lick their wounds (And eachother probably - they are darkelves after all), got back on the horse and finished off the elves in the Faydark.

"Shadows of Faydwer" seems to imply that Faydwer has hit some kind of tragedy. Its not Happy Go Lucky Faydwer, or Super Sunshine over Faydwer.

Something bad happened over there. That symbol seems to imply that the forces of Darkness, namely the Tier'dal (Who use this symbol all the time, its pretty much plastered all over Neriak more then anywhere else, its also found in places where the Undead are - Like the Specture Island in Oasis and it was also used by Primodial Malice when they were trying to revive Lanys T'Vyl) are involved.

[IMG]

Notice she said they fled. Some to the Looping Plains, some to Castle Mistmorre. If you think they just sat there and twidled their thumbs, you'd be wrong. Evil wouldn't do that.

Makes me wish I was still playing Shintou.

Oh, and Tserrina is not ugly http://www.dragonsnail.com/artwork/tserrina.jpg (Art by Dragonsnail, http://www.dragonsnail.com)
    Message Edited by ShintouShinai on 04-19-2006 04:40 AM
    Message Edited by ShintouShinai on 04-19-2006 04:54 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Pyrrhonic Guest

When she says "the moors of Mistmoore" that sounds more to me like Mistmoore is a geographic location rather than simply a castle.

And, word to the wise, just because someone has enormous breasts doesn't mean they're not ugly ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-Decerto Guest

I couldnt be bothered to read all the posts so i hope im not reapeting.

SOE have already brought the trade mark rights on the name Everquest II: Echos of Faydwer and the writing in the picture so say has 2 messages. 1 being 'The future of Everquest 2' and the other was said to say 'Fay are coming winter 2006' how true that second one is..... i dunno but you all prolly already know this =P

The Underlying and unseen goal in life seems to be an immortal fight for supremacy

'Chronox, 60 Conjuror of The Blackhand'
  18. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

It does say the future of EverQuest II.

That can mean something new, through EQLive, all the God's made a pact, and rarely fought one another, since the first war that is. So the future could also mean this pact is broken.

Also, during the ages of EverQuest II, there have been no direct God contact, meaning if the Gods were to play a greater role in the next expansion, it'd be something different, a change, something new.

I'm stilling standing behind my idea of that the evil assigned God's planned something on a different agenda, and overthrew the past good. I say the next expansion will go into deeper detail on Veeshan and her dragons, Kerafyrm included, versus the other Gods, or a simple hand-full of Gods.

This is still a theory, and can easily be proven wrong.
  19. ARCHIVED-ganix Guest

I highly doubt Vesheen will play any part in this next expansion, She was a neutral god, that seemed to me like she didn't care about what went on on Norath, also there have been no clues at all to point to her, they all point, to oviously Faydwar which, we have already established, and either the, Teir`Dal, the gods in general (specificaly the evil ones), or a link to all of the citys.
  20. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

Could have been used as a banner during the war of the fey from the Evil side to show that norrath's destructiuon was to be brought about from the god's absence...
    Could be a clue as to why the dragons are becoming more abundant with the release of KoS and show that now, with the god's absence, Veshaan's destruction may once more go unchecked...
    Could be a clue to show that the god's have not yet left norrath. Thier presence still here, and will be shown to us if even ever so subtley...

Just some thoughts that i haven't seen covered on this thread yet.:smileytongue: