[Thurgadin] Valor Homesteads "Tribute to my Carpenter - Gnome on Ice"

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Karamella, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Karamella Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Here is my newest project, Umopi's first home ever.

Carpenter Umopi was my first toon when I returned to the game some years ago while Valor still existed. Frostfang Sea was a new starting zone for me so I picked New Halas for my Gnome and Valor Homesteads became her first house. It was pretty close to the tradeskill area which is very useful but after a while it looked more like a junkyard than a homely place where I dumped all the stuff from the first quests and recipes :D
    After Umopi moved her stuff to a pretty seven room acorn in Kelethin, the Valor Homesteads were even more neglected - until now :cool:
    A lot of settings are affected by other decorators whose houses I've visited in the past, and some ideas stuck in my head, you know what I mean ;)
    Oh one thing: I used expanders so the house now contains 400/500 items. I don't know how this might affect people visiting.
    There is also a guild hall door behind the entrance door. It's hard to see cuz that door fits perfectly in color and is hard to recognize as a door.
    Please stop by and have a look, Umopi has lots of cookies :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

With the expanders, that also includes the Building Blocks used, so if you've got, say, 400 House Items and 400 Building Blocks, the game server farms computers might not care, they're just looking at 400/500 in both cases and not worrying, but for anyone else's computer, it'd be 800/1000 items, total. My old WinXP bugger wouldn't have a prayer of getting me in there now, but my Win7 could handle it without a blush or qualm, as they say. :)

I imagine most folks still playing the game are doing so on at least a Win7 box, if not more advanced, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

And yeah, I've hidden Guild Hall doors really, really well myself, so I know how that goes. When in doubt, folks, don't forget to move the mouse cursor about; sometimes houses can be like Myst for devious stuff. :D

Uwk
    Karamella likes this.