Through the Belly of the Beast

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Dawsonator, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Dawsonator New Member

Morning all .... and Welcome to Friday

I am currently up to step 8 of this quest but I cannot find the instance needed when I click on the Echo Caverns door, am I missing something or am I having a boy look.

EQII Wiki quotes the following as the step I'm up to:

"From City of Fordel Midst at ( 393, -36, 748 ) COPY enter Echo Caverns: Expedition Composition (Tradeskill) by clicking the door and select the according zone.
    • Accessed via the Echo Caverns door in the Nexus."
    Am I right in assuming that I click on the door in the nexus and the tradeskill instance should be in the list along with the other instances???
    Thanks in advance
    Cheers and Beers
    Dawson
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

The door for the tradeskill is actually in Echo Caverns so zone into that then jump down to the lower level or take the ramp all the way down if you don't have safe fall. There is a little nook area on the right that has the tradeskill door.
  3. Dawsonator New Member

I found that for the first part of the quest but the second part that door is it clickable. The Wiki says it’s accessible via the nexus ‍♂️
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

Either it's changed since I ran it or I'm confused about what's being referenced. The first part of the EC Tradeskill is in EC itself. The second part after reporting back to the Nexus should be accessible by clicking on the EC door on the west side of the Nexus, and selecting the Tradeskill version of the zone.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Dawsonator New Member

It’s Definately not working ... took a screenshot and I’m submitting a bug report
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Just want to make sure you've done all the steps. You finished the first part of the quest putting the shrooms and stagmaws to sleep, then were sent to the Nexus to talk to Mrs. McGillicuddy. You talked to her (right next to Hulda), and you journal now says to talk to Pops in Echo Caverns? What exactly does your current step in your journal say?
    Carizia and Breanna like this.
  7. Gninja Developer

What is your tradeskill level?
  8. Dawsonator New Member

There's a chance ..... just a chance maybe .... that my tradeskill level was only 114 :)
  9. Pathetica Active Member

If I had a buck for every time I reply NeverMind to emails from support, I'd be on permanent free play.
    Dude and Soara2 like this.
  10. Rawk New Member

11. LastActionJackson Member

wait, so this quest requires level 120 ts level? There may be some truth here. I have several new toons that are not 120. They start the timeline ok, until this TS instance that should be available from NEXUS at the ECHO door. Was this intended by the Devs?
  12. LastActionJackson Member

I can actually confirm that this "bug" is still in effect. I have several new toons stuck at this same point. I tried erasing and redoing the quest, but always get stuck at this point.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

What are the tradeskill levels of the toons that are stuck? If under 120, it may be worth it to level to 120 and then do the zone. Assuming, of course, that being under 120 isn't a bug.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

lvl 120 crafting is not surprising, all of RoS is 120. Easy enough to go thru part of CD crafting line to get to 120, or part of Luclin, or combination of both, whichever is easier
  15. TheRealKraggy New Member

So why if it's only doable at 120 (because you can't use the items on the 'shrooms until you're 120) does the game let you take it, spend ages farming the rares needed to make them only to slap you in the face when you actually try to do the quest they're for?

Idiotic limitations are idiotic. :(

I'm 116 and wanted to do these quests because the XP is hugely better than that for the crappy Luclin quests and they're hugely less tedious than the chain I just did "A stitch in time".

Where are the "easy" quests for me to hit 120?
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

The BoL sig line is very fast for leveling. I think you still have to do the prequel, but once you do that, you'll be 120 after just a few of the TS sigline quests. The PoM line is a little time consuming, but it has great rewards (the bag alone makes it worth it to me), so it's pretty worthwhile.
    Doobius270 and Breanna like this.
  17. Cormen New Member

We have to be 120 to get in to a zone that's part of a sig line? That's like buying scissors that are in a package that you need scissors to open.
  18. Melkior Well-Known Member

When RoS was released, 120 was already the max level. Therefore, the level requirement for participating further in the sig line was 120. This always seems to be a debate for Tradeskill content. You never really see that argument for adventure content. Hey why can't I do the 120 adventure sigline at level 100 or 110? Ans: Because you don't have the skill or experience and will get your butt handed to you. The parallel would be that you need to advance your crafting experience to a sufficient level before even attempting combines of the new content.

Just a thought, I wonder if DPG would be interested in making red combines significantly higher chance to critically fail. This would have the end result of making the combine be the limiter, not the tradeskill level. Side bonus, it might make all that +skill crafting gear come in handy for people looking to do the content on lower level crafters.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Actually, no it's not. 120 was the last xpac level. This is the continuation of that storyline. It is assumed/expected you will be 120 to do it. Heck, it was easy in the last xpac and didn't take that long. This xpac is even faster. While I constantly see posts about people who are low level adventurers/TSers whining about their inability to harvest and do TSing in much higher level xpacs and zones, I remain unsympathetic. You want the benefits, do the work to get there like everyone else. It's a consequence of being a low level adventurer. These xpacs were never created to entertain the entire population of players in the game. Every xpac was a progression from the previous one, usually with higher levels of everything as a reward. I know it may sound harsh, but it's like a new employee starting work with minimal skills wanting to know, a month later, when they're being promoted to manager.
    Daryx likes this.
  20. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

in the past, the dev team always took care to make sure the tradeskill quest was reasonably easy for low level people to skirt around the edge of trouble. even last year it was very do-able. this year, not at all. this year, one might need a bit of assistance to drive away mobs, and it can be done alone, but it's definitely not as easy as years' previous simply because of the way the land is laid out to bottleneck in echo caverns (getting past echo caverns is definitely much easier then).