"Three Gems of Armor Advancement"

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Olgie, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Olgie New Member

So we've been having some speculation about this... Some interpret these gems to take a piece of gear and convert it to the next "tier" of gear; I. e., converting a "Tier 1" piece of Raid gear into a "Tier 2" piece of raid gear. Others see this as the gems system from ToV moving forward; I. e., taking a 3 gemmed Potant piece and "Overcharging" it with the gems that drop in Vyemm's Laboratory.

Can we get some clarification on these CE Bonus Items, please?
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Clarification would be nice. But I certainly assumed it would be the equivalent of a free regular Colored gem, nothing more, for AoM gear.

ie, were it ToV, it would be a free Yellow/Blue/Green/Red (but not purple) gem application, and probably not capable of overcharging. So when you get your first 3 pieces of heroic gear (for example) you can 1 gem them each instantly.
  3. Celestial New Member

In contrast, I assume that "up one tier" means heroic tier or raid tier. IE, potent to energized, or energized to mystical.

[IMG]
    Morfydd and Mathafern like this.
  4. Lenolian Active Member

I am too inclined to believe the same as celestial. Otherwise it would not really be something people would want to pay for (and the price to pay for is huge).
  5. Arieste Well-Known Member

It "improves the item's attributes", i'm fairly sure this means that it just upgrades it from 0/3 to 1/3 or equivalent. Otherwise it woudln't be improving the item's attributes but rather transforming it into a completely different item which you hadn't actually obtained. The term "tier" is what's causing the confusion, but fairly certain it just refers to the tiers "within the item" rather than the different tiers of armor.
  6. Caith Developer

The gems you gain from the Collectors Edition will increase the statistics bonuses on a single piece of armor just as if you had applied a colored gem of that type, with the limitation that it cannot be used to upgrade an item that has already had a gem applied. i.e. You can use it to go from 0/4 Yellow Gems, to 1/4 Yellow Gems, but you cannot use it to go from 1/4 to 2/4.
  7. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet you're going to be disappointed on that score. I don't have any inside information, and I could certainly be wrong. But I just don't see every character getting 3 free upgrades from AoM Energized to Mystical (equivalent).

This post made irrelevant by Caith who I swear had not yet posted when I started typing.
  8. Lenolian Active Member

Thanks for clarification. Could really remove the "awesome" from your adds though...
  9. Morfydd Active Member

Wow, that's even more underwhelming than I originally thought... sigh... <sarcasm on> Good thing you're only giving us 3 per account, 3 per character would be game-breaking <sarcasm off>
  10. Olgie New Member

Thanx for the clarification, Caith!
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I guess how 'awesome ' it might be depends on how many Ferrin's we'll need per gem. like need 270 etyma per potent peice since they were 90 a gem. cause ferrins are the new currency, and if the amount of dailies/weeklies is any indication, you are gong to need a LOT more then you needed for eytma.

since there are now 4 different instance types, each with it's own missions in the beta. (Solo/Advanced Solo/Heroic/Event Heroic)
  12. Magic Missiles Active Member

The Etyma chase was entirely horrible, boring, and unnecessary. If the Ferrins are the same or worse, i think this underwhelming "3 gems" in the CE is entirely pointless. I may have just changed my mind from gettting the CE to not getting the expansion at all. I won't be forced do the currency treadmill again..
  13. Uncle Active Member

well sry to burst some bubble here

new yellow = 9 gems new blue = 45 new green = 200 off merchant.. raid gems have not been put on beta

UNcle
    Paddyo likes this.
  14. Thand Well-Known Member

Well you will need ferrins for armor upgrades and Far seas tokens to craft Purple gems.
    I wonder if you will be able buy purple gems with ferrines or are they tradeskil only
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

TOV
    6 yellow, 30 blue, 125 green, 400 red, 1200 purple
    solo 1
    daily 5 / heroic 5
    weekly 15

AOM
    solo 1
    adv solo 3
    event heroic 10
    heroic 15
    weekly heroic 45

Looks like it might be easier to earn greens this time (thankfully). However, it will take 13+ runs in a zone for 1 green. 53 1/3 runs to fully potent one piece. That is INSANE. 7 to 10 would be fine, but not 13+. I would never do that to people if it was my game; especially since we're not even talking about the runs to get the previous gear and gems.

Also, the gain for the Adv Solo is terrible - considering the difficulty for some characters. It should be 5 at least; or scaled per zone in order of difficulty (as all rewards for the zones should be scaled anyway).