thoughts on blue adornments

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by rruken, Feb 14, 2014.

1. rruken Active Member

blue adorns look very overpowered right now but the main problem I see is the runspeed in combat adornment and the one that increases ranged of melee ranged and spells... the runspeed imo shouldn't affect healers and ranged classes... melees are already at a huge disadvantage and this would help to be a melee adorn. then ranged to what is already a huge range on ranged dps classes is also quite overpowered... I think that adorn also should only affect melee damage. this would help the problems with melee groups in group pvp instead of doing the opposite. very frusterating already trying to chase healers and ranged classes around last thing we need is mystics running around casting a group ward at another 10% movement or a channeler run circles around the fight.

any other thoughts on some of the other new blue adorns?
  2. Xakanis Active Member

They are not overpowered, and they need to be in the game. They however need to be purchased with tokens, not dropped off those x2 mobs. Everyone should have access to them.
    Deadlyfocus likes this.
  3. rruken Active Member

they need to be in game just not for every class in the game like they are... but ya they should be able to be bought with tokens and probly should be put on the bg merchants as well.
  4. Slant Well-Known Member

Many are limited to arch types, Like you can only get the AOE prevent on tanks, and can only get the stone skin on healers and mages.
  5. Vengeance New Member

I agree with Slant. Most of them have already been toned down like the stone skin one for heals and mages is only 1 proc of stone skin rather then 2 like the purple adorns, and a lot are arch type specific....The only one i see having a prob is the one that procs a dispell. I tested it out in a few 1v1s and it seemed to go off every 10-15 sec on a single target....if everyone in a group has one it will be non stop dispells making it impossible for wiz / lock to build increments or to even keep group buffs and heals going.
    Dingaling, Deadlyfocus and Xillean like this.
  6. Deadlyfocus Active Member

Agree, but adorn that strip off buffs Op
  7. Deadlyfocus Active Member

Very good observation Vengeance
  8. Xakanis Active Member

I'm a healer so my dislike for dispels taking away my buffs puts me in a position of bias. I'm too biased against this item to be fair about my thoughts on it.
  9. Luanne Active Member

I don't think it's a good idea for most of these blue adorns to be in there. I don't think adorns should give classes something that those classes don't have in their ability tree (like power regen, or a dispel). The adorns should expand upon what the classes currently are capable of doing, like the focus adorns from SF. Possibly the blue adorns could modify/change spells or abilities like the focus character selections (which used to be adorns).
    Copying the PVE war runes to PVP will unbalance it too much, they should be more pvp/class specific, and should be tough choices. I play a paladin and having an extra 20% hp, and power regen, and pretty much 100% aoe immune are like no brainer choices. Making these adorns only available for 1 or 2 slots would be the best bet if you have to keep them so we only have 2 slots to put them in, so we can only pick two out of this 'set' of adorns, and then the other slots have another 'set' of adorns we can pick from.

Personally I'd like to see completely new adorns tailored for pvp, which changes things about your class like the focus effects, or even ones that do things like -500 toughness +500 lethality in the same adorn, trade some toughness for leth for example.
    TS (Throat) likes this.
  10. Caith Developer

Lets keep this thread about the blue adorns please.
  11. Xakanis Active Member

I'm still very concerned about how blue adornments are obtained. The current implementation creates problems. First and foremost blue servers will not have access to them, which will make it so that blue servers will not be able to compete with Nagafen players in Battlegrounds. Secondly new players, small guilds, solo players, and alternate characters will not be able to get these, and eventually will also not be able to compete against the large guilds that will have these pretty much locked down. Qeynos has more organized guilds, therefore the Qeynosians will be able to lock these down, and cause a worse population imbalance than we currently experience in Warfronts.

The best solution is to put these up on a merchant for 2000-3200 per War Rune, while allowing Dreadnaught gear (Armor, Weapons, and Jewelry) to drop off these x2 mobs.

We would also love to see level equivalent blue runes that also go onto armor.
    Meidjum likes this.
  12. Caith Developer

We've got a few plans for alternate ways to obtain the Blue War Runes that will include the PvE servers, more on that later this week.
    Pippin and Meidjum like this.
  13. Xray Active Member

You mean the warzone will be open to Blue servers? or the blue servers will be able to obtain the same blue runes some how so they can use it in BG?
  14. Caith Developer

The New Tunaria Warzone will only be available to PvP servers.
  15. Xray Active Member

I see, thanks for the clarification. However, since the New Tunaria Warzone is implemented as a "free style BG option", I do hope in the near future, after the PVE servers have the access to the same blue adornments, the New Tunaria Warzone will be open to them as well. It will be very nice to see some guilds on pve server to form up a solid group or 2 to PVP with, apart from farming regular BGs and fighting against mainly undergeared alts, daily.
  16. Xakanis Active Member

That addresses issue number one for sure. I'll have to see the implementation to see if it addresses the other issues. I can't wait.

Would you guys consider having a New Tunaria dedicated to solo play, on top of the group one you are implementing now?
  17. Caith Developer

18. Xakanis Active Member

Please do not make the blue adornments too time consuming to get. I spent the time to get all of the purple adornments I wanted, and less than a week after I get them, you removed them from PvP. I'm starting to feel like I'm being punished for playing this game anymore.
  19. Meidjum Active Member

And please don't have them cost 5000 tokens or something silly. The token grind is already very high.
    Daalilama likes this.
  20. Slant Well-Known Member

The mobs that drop the blues are much much easier now, I was able to duo several of them. Takes about 2-3 mins each. A full group could kill one in under a min no problem. I would say they are to easy now.