This is the main issue affecting this game.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Except we're not allowed to do that by forum rules. Better yet would be to take the dispute private via the forum PM function or Discord direct messaging.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

So raiders are "playing the game" when they're rude to people on discord, for asking questions.

He specified the question was about how to get more potency/fervor. A perfectly valid question.

Honestly don't care if it's raiders or people posing as raiders who were rude. It was a rude way to reply. Maybe they're tired of the same questions being asked again and again? I get that. But surely ignoring would've been a better reaction than ridicule?

If there's something wrong with the OP's comment it's assuming only raiders are rude ever. Even WoW's community doesn't treat new or returning players that way. I've played it enough to know. I just don't like WoW enough to keep playing. I don't even "tourist" there. But the community is less toxic than this one. I can't figure out why. Porbably just more people there. Law of averages. You'd get one rude comment among 5 nice ones there. Here it's, once one person is rude, especially a person others recognize, it becomes a mob. Why is that?
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

To truly address this question would far exceed the ability of this forum to sustain, and would likely dive deep down the sociology rabbit hole after things like the transition to a "microwave society," the need for immediate satisfaction ("fast-food mentality"), impact of social media on behavior, and more.

Closest analogy I can come up with off the top of my head is the increase in road rage incidents as the amount of inter and intrastate highways increased, but not at a pace rapid enough to handle the additional traffic (first from baby boomers, then from the explosion of ride sharing entities).
  4. Games'nGhosts Active Member

I can't raid because I have an infirm parent in my home. I cannot concentrate on a raid because I have to have one eye on said parent.

But I'll tell you one thing: You think you're big & tough & above everyone else because you raid?
    I guarantee you can't handle what I put up with morning, noon & night.
  5. Stibbie Member

Nice troll post, if you care to actually read the discussion it is on discord and you will see the questions asked had nothing to do with heroics, it was about ethereal armor from last expac and the discussion in the RAIDING channel went on to talk about people complaining about heroics. Those remarks posted had nothing to do with the question asked and no one was being rude it was really just two guys talking between themselves.
    Raff, Argosunited, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Seriously if this is your main issue, put the offenders on ignore and move on.
    Raff, Sigrdrifa and Dude like this.