This Is Still My Favorite Game

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mizgamer62, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I have been with this game since launch and I haven't found another one to replace it. Sure over the last 11 years I have tried ever game comparable to this one that has been released, but I always come back here. I don't always agree with changes in this game, but I can tell you every game has its good and bad points.

Visit the forums of any of this games competitors and you will find complaints about every thing, and most of those games are not 11 years old. In fact, most of those games have already merged servers multiple times, gone f2p long before this one had to and one in particular is not a year old and has already cut its purchase price in half.

So, I want to thank the soe staff for giving us a great game overall and in my opinion, much better than the rest. I guess I will be here until the end.:)
    Kiry, ConcealFate, K'Renn and 4 others like this.
  2. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I admit, I got a bit irritated and took a random break literally a month before AoM, part of why I don't have the expac yet, and somehow there's really no game that seems to fully "beat" the two EQs (Would be three if EQOA still lived :() to me for some reason. Whether it's due to the overall community, shaky group content, or uninspired classes I just cannot find one that sticks. Every little thing that occasionally pisses me off here tends to be even worse elsewhere, and it makes you appreciate how rough it can be to get things right.

I would probably STILL be on break if LADs hadn't stayed fun XD.

So yeah...looking forward to EQN to give it the good college try as well I suppose :p
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Dmack Active Member

I can say this. I been with the game 10 years. It has went through a lot of changes. Some of the changes have been great and others have been downright bad but the over all game play has been top notch.

If it continues the route it has been headed in the last 3 expansions I will find something else to do with my free time..
    Milliebii likes this.
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Civilization 4 has become my favorite game lately.
  5. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

This is the hardest game to stay away from. I told myself I wouldn't buy the expansion cause I didn't agree with SOE on a lot of things plus the expansion seemed to small for the price. However, that didn't last long, I ended up buying the standard expansion and returning to the game after only like a month break. This game is just way to fun to put down for any length of time. Was the expansion worth $35? No. But I am still having fun and I enjoy being around friends and the amazing guild.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I also have Dragon Age: Origins & Wasteland 2 on my PC, but I never play them, because I never have time to ... too much to do in EQ2.

:)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Kahonen Active Member

Endless Legion has to be the one, I'm afraid!
  8. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Dragon Age: Origins is probably my favorite single player RPG of all time. It's so good! Right now I'm rotating between Dragon Age: Inquisition, Eq2 and ESO. EQ2 is taking up most of my playtime though, however. ;P We need more hours in a day damn it! Lol.
    Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  9. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

I went through GoG and picked up Master of Magic and Alpha Centauri. Still some of the best games ever written.

I've been considering Worlds of Magic and Warmachine: Tactics. Maybe after Christmas.
  10. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Sid Meier forever...Railroad Tycoon and Civilization franchises are my two favorites all-time...even though I dislike Civ 5.
    Livejazz likes this.
  11. Kenn Well-Known Member

Part of the magic of this game are the memories of 15 years, eq and eq2. All other games seem like a waste of time, but this one has been a big chunk of the best years of my life. I hope eq3 has the same magic.
  12. Milliebii Well-Known Member

I am sorry to be the one to break this to you but there is not an EQ3 under development. They have a product under development in conjunction with Landmark that is referred to as EQN, but as Dave Georgeson said many times last year it is not Everquest. You may have been confused by the earlier project that they abandoned and replaced with EQN/Landmark that might have been an EQ3 but currently a game in the tradition of EQ1/EQ2 is not planned.
    Mizgamer62 and Wirewhisker like this.
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I absolutely LOVE this game. I always keep coming back. It is my goto game of choice because there is just SO much to do! Adventuring, Tradeskilling, Decorating . . .

I can't name a single game in which you have all 3 of these things. I also play WoW . . . eh . . . yeah the garrisons they came out with seem pretty neat! (daughter is building hers up as we speak and I have yet to get my expansion, but hopefully for Christmas). I will probably spend all my time in my garrison (like I do here in my house(s)!

I have also played Guild Wars 1 and 2 . . . eh . . They go old fast.
    I even tried Vanguard and RIFT . . again . . . (can we say "Eh" . . . )

Yup . . . I love EQ2 and I will never leave until they throw me out kicking and screaming.
    Mizgamer62 and HaphazardAllure like this.
  14. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Maybe they should.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

From what I have seen from Landmark, SOE is targeting a different player demographic. EQN won't be anything like EQ or EQII.
    Wirewhisker and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I agree with you 100%.

Unfortunately, EQNext will not be EQ3 as others have said, but a reimagining of the EQ Franchise. I wish it was going to be EQ3. I tried Landmark and it wasn't for me. I might try EQNext, but since it will be styled from elements of Landmark, I am not sure if I want to.