This is just pathetic

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Celestia, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

WHY IN THE WORLD, is the celestial healer merc from VOV better than the legendary mercs that heal in this newest expansion?

I was in Golden Rule on my dirge, and you know what was keeping me alive? My grandmastered version of Howl of Death from 2 expacs ago.

The legendary snake lady doesn't do crap. She cures and does a death prevention. I shouldn't be dying with this merc. It's from the premium edition. What the crap is up with that?

I had to get out the horse man (sorry can't think of the word right now) from VoV because he actually keeps me alive.
    Vexil and Wildlord like this.
  2. Tiberon New Member

Seem mercs in this expansion are just money pits. There is no benefit to leveling them. I just want to use the merc I want but we are forced to level the current one every expansion. I'm over it. The nice thing is you don't need to buy premium editions anymore since they give you everything at the start of the expansion and you have "time sinks" to unlock the best stuff anyway. Thank you DPG for saving me 100 bucks each expansion now. I was wasting tons of money for no reason.
    Smashey, KauaiJim, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

It's definitely a money grab thing. I have the coercer, but I literally just use the buff on my fury and channeler. They are able to heal themselves so it's no big deal there. But every character that isn't a healer is using the celestial from two expansions ago. It's probably a good thing I am not doing heroics on anyone but my channeler right now. :(
  4. Wildlord New Member

I've given up on this expansion's garbage mercs, too, including Ferrous the Celestial researched merc. I was stock piling merc experience potions and after months of disappointing results with the new mercs, went to the "horse man" merc and leveled him to 20. His battalion buff may not be that of the new mercs, but I can run every solo instance in BoZ and he keeps me alive. I also appreciate people spamming when Kenny is up, too. Kenny will keep you alive better than BoZ mercs will.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

Who is Kenny, exactly? (It made me think of South Park Kenny, and he definitely won't keep you alive, hehe.)
  6. Tyrval Active Member

I see posts like this from time to time and I never understand them, I returned to the game at the start of VoV, played like a dozen classes through solo instances, have done solo weeklies religiously for now years and I literally have never needed to summon a merc for any content in the entire time I've been playing. Like mercs just seem to get in the way and are annoying, so I forget people can use them in content until I see them in posts like this.

Like are people not taking enhanced vigor in prestige so instead of having like 5 billion health in a solo they have like, 300 million or something? Do non tanks not take the regenerating ward in the dragon aa tree? Do people not use field medic from panda/chrono? Like I am pretty sure I've had a dirge mass aoe out all the trash in a solo instance and went afk for like 10 minutes due to a rl thing while tanking a solo boss and was fine so I have no clue, and this is an alt that is like, way under resolve for anything heroic. Like doesn't the nox ward proc basically like full heal them on almost all damage in a solo, and grace of norrath makes them hit like 100% avoidance almost?
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Honestly, I just redid my AA's the other day according to a raid dirge profile. I always do that because I know they probably survive well. But she doesn't have good resolve, but also doesn't really need it as she doesn't do heroics. Like I said, some characters (mainly my healers) rock and roll without a merc. My fury isn't a heroic doer, and she can kill things in one hit.

I only died twice, but the times that I did, I shouldn't have because my merc was out. I have the ward, the field medic, though I'm not sure about the first thing you listed. I DID craft a lot of spells for her too. I don't know, but even if I CAN survive without a merc, the fact that the mercs still aren't doing what we bought them for, says a lot about this expac.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  8. Lysia Active Member

The one from this expansion was awful for me --
    the one I use is great for my casters --
    geared out and totally leveled up fabled
    seem to be just fine for me -- no problems--
    but that legendary guy was just awful, even
    at level 20 and geared out
    Celestia likes this.
  9. Celestia Well-Known Member

Isn't there a way for them to just duplicate whatever the good mercs do, onto the newer mercs? I don't understand how the centaur guy - who by the way is wearing gear from VoV and not even fully leveled to 20 (I'm pretty sure my dirge has him at 12) is able to do what he does, and the newer ones suck. It just doesn't add up.
    Lysia likes this.
  10. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Celestia likes this.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

Aw, Kenny's kinda cute.

Thank you for the link.
    Forestchild likes this.
  12. Forestchild Well-Known Member

I like Kenny too, but he SITS DOWN too much.. LOL... I personally have the Icur Yew merc, from the children's donations. on several characters and he does AWESOME.. and the fact that he is a healer/coercer, is a bonus. Yes has giving me power many times, when I needed it.