This is getting out of hand

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-Kraqen, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kraqen Guest

So, I decide to play a little BG before bed with my level 70 alt, Gears is the map of the day. Should be some nice fast matches.
    Match 1: They have 2 healers, we have none .... ugly, but hey, it happens.
    Match 2: They have 1 healer and all level 80's, we have no healers and majority level 30's -- My ego is sorely abused.
    Match 3: They have a 6 man team with a healer, we have a 3 man team, no healer and 1 afk. Wha? It goes exactly as you would expect.
    Match 4: Round starts with them having a 6 man team, we start with a 2 man team. We eventually get a third man (a healer, yay). I start asking around, they are not a premade. I apologize for leaving, but I quit in disgust and log out.

So instead of a little relaxing playtime before bed, I am pouring a big bourbon and going to bed disgusted with the game.
    This has to ..... something. I can fully accept that pvp is an afterthought, but how hard can this be to fix? Is there a fix coming to this matchmaking? Has it at least been addressed as an issue?
  2. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Kraqen wrote:
    If they have no clue as to properly fix open world pvp not sure how they would properly fix BG's especially since our current pvp dev(who is also the tradeskill dev) doesnt pvp so any sign of a real fix would be wishful thinking and yes this issue has been with BG's since it went live.
  3. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

the group balancing needs to happen AFTER group invites have been accepted not prior. that is the answer and frankly it does not seem like that big of a deal to do.

who here would be against having a 1 minute loading time before a match post a one minute group invite phase?

that's two minutes and you're more likely to have a fair match. stragglers should be added according to group make up with urgency added to certain classes or lack there off ie. healers and tanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    That would kill pre-mades and in doing so kill the desire for people to farm BG tokens and kill off BG yet again.
  5. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    how so?
    nothing i said has anything to do with a premade and everything to do with the way non-premades are formed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    You have your opinion, which is good... However,

It is my opinion that people who form premades, with the intention of "farming BG tokens" by slaughtering mix-matched PUG groups, is doing more harm than good for BGs.

Why? People who get sick of being rolled by premades, are more likely to abandon BGs, than form their own premade. So the big-boy speeches some people make about how they should suck it up and make their own premade, is an attitude contributing to a declining BG population.

It is my opinion that an improved matchmaking system, that does not put random solo-queued players in a no-win situation (against a solid premade), will make people more inclined to play BGs, play more matches, and play for longer overall.

If your source of "fun" in BGs, is reliant upon being in a premade, and smashing random mix matched PUGs, I don't know what to tell you...