This instance will expirt in 0.0 seconds

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Tildain, Nov 15, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Tildain Guest

I'm starting to see this alot in instances and raid instances
    This instance will expirt in 0.0 seconds
    This instance has expired.
    you may not enter an instance created prior to when yuor previous
    instance's minimum lockout timer expired.
    Is there any way to stop this? Its getting really anoying now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Have everybody reset their timers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

It's a known bug with instances. When it happens, the group'll be kicked out of the instance within a few seconds of zoning in. Just zone in again and you should get a good instance. If you want to, /bug it when it happens and maybe it'll get moved up the priority list.
  4. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Tildain wrote:
    this isnt a bug
    if you read it it tells you why.
    lets say i do woe on wed
    then lets say you do woe on friday exsacally 2 days from when i started mine,
    then you invite me to woe sun as you didnt finish it friday
    i wont beable to get in. because the instance you tried to zone me into was created before my minimum lockout timer (3 days which would mean saterday) had expired understand?
  5. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

That isn't what's happening. If it were a case of not being able to enter an instance, no amount of trying would change it. The 0.0 second message appears and a different person enters and you keep trying with different people until eventually you all enter. It's a bug and an annoying one, since crashes on zoning are becoming so commonplace that entering an instance invariably means having to wait for one or two people to restart their clients.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dahktur Guest

therodge wrote:
    Thanks for the info on raid zones.. but he's specifically talking of single group TSO instances. I've seen it quite a bit myself. Just dont want a derail of the real issue.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sylvellior Guest

Yes, the expires in 0.0 seconds is anoying. When it happens in NHT it even causes everyone to crash because it tries to zone everyone out while at the same time starting the movie.
  8. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

It's EQ2 getting confused. They should add a tolerance of a few seconds to the "exploit check". And yes, that's what this message means... "you may not enter an instance created prior to when yuor previous instance's minimum lockout timer expired." It's stopping an exploit that some people found.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tildain Guest

Sorry guess I should have added alittle more to the post. We all get kicked out with the 0.0 second error. When were all out we zone back in and its fine. I usally get it 2-3 times a day. Im starting to /bug report them now. god I hope they fix this soon.
  10. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Tildain wrote:
    Don't hold your breath. 2 years and counting.
    As noted though, the "You may not enter an instance created prior to when your previous instance's minimum lockout timer expired." bit isn't a bug. That's true. "This instance has expired." notification without that has been around since RoK was launched, is widely known, and they've never mentioned having an interest in fixing it. It usually only happens in zones that don't grab the whole group, and you can usually avoid it by having ONE person zone in and having the others follow.
    Usually.
    I think that workaround is the reason it's not on anyone's list.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

I think what's happening, and I could be wrong, is that the record for the persistent instance is still alive. So when you attempt to zone in, we look at the last instance ID, load the record, THEN we read the timer and see that the zone should have expired.
    We haven't had a chance to dig into this further though, so it could be something else.
  12. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Best way to avoid this is to have one person zone into the raid zone first, then the rest of the raid follows. If everyone in the raid tries to zone in at once it will bug out even though they are all going to the same destination.
  13. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

man.
    I HATE it when instance expirt!

Ara
  14. ARCHIVED-Antipaladin Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    People have been bug reporting this since persistant instances came into play, what's the holdup?
  15. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

Morghus wrote:
    We do this and it can still happen, so the amount of people zoning doesn't matter. But it speeds up the process if you have a fast zoner test out whether the zone is stable.
  16. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Marvis@Runnyeye wrote:
    Yeah, I've seen it happen with group instances that suck everybody in as well - so the number of people zoning in at the same time doesn't seem to be the cause. The only thing zoning 1 person in at a time does is make it faster to try a 2nd time for a good instance.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

It's been happening for ages. As someone already said, the worst one is NHT. If you get the bug in that zone, not only does it kick you out, it crashes everybodys client and they have to restart. Most other zones, it's just annoying. You have to wait while everybody zones out so you can zone back in again. NHT is awful though.
    Work your magic Rothgar. Spray some industrial strength bug killer on that code for us. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Glenolas Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    I believe this is correct. Server lag seems to be the culprit. Someone has made clearing the zone timers a minimal priority, so if one of the group has just reset their timer, then initiates the zone in, they start to zone in, then the zone-in tests sees the player is still bound to a previous version of the instance, and everyone gets booted. Some have already gotten in and they get the message about 0.0 secs expiration. Others, slow zoners, just get kicked.

The "you may not enter a zone created prior to....etc seems to be a one message fits all error message, is not relevant to the issue, and its random firing just adds to the confusion.

By the time everyone in the group has zoned out and quits griping about the bug, the zone timer gets around to resetting for the limiting player(s) and everyone can zone in.

It's common as rain in many of the TSO instances. Just another unannounced, untested change, coming back to aggravate the player base. Best I recall, it's only been around for 5 or 6 months, so nowhere near the half life for fixes for a bug that is merely annoying. Isn't the next GU fixing bugs that go back 3 years?

Glen