This game is frustrating

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Yasique, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Yasique New Member

I've been trying to make this game my 'main' hobby for several attempts during last few years, and I've quited several times, now I think its going to be another one.
    Let me explain.
    I'm doing Nek castle dungeon, solo, just for completeness purposes.
    And I find that there is NO MAP, the dungeon is maze labirynth with every wall and corner look the same, I cannot find a group to run with bc this dungeon is not appearing in random join list, quests' descriptons are very obscure so I have to search on the Internet constantly, fights last long and I'm forgetting where I am and what I am supposed to do.
    Yes, there are map addons, and I did try to install one, but it just doesnt work for unknown reasons, despite the fact I think I did everything correctly.
    So the question is, in all this activity I just spent whole day of my only life - which one supposed to be 'fun'?
    I failed to do quests bc I cant find literally anything, I just stop in the middle of nowhere with no idea where to go and what to do next. Quest rewards are not that much great to put efforts in finishing those quests, so I can just abandon this activities with no loss.
    I have no idea why I'm doing this while there are so many other games to play, not to say I can take a walk, spend time with familiy or friends, learn a skill and improve my career, etc.
    Why it is so hard to include maps in base game install? Not everybody are computer scientists to be able to make this game just at barely playable level.
    You cannot attract new players and increase playerbase to earn more money with attitude like that.
    Why debuff icons are so small? Can YOU see what is what and what needs to be re-applied? No? The why dont you improve this by increasing debuff icons, or make an Options entry so I can do that myself?
    This window popping up all the time telling me I'll get this and that if I subscribe, but no, excuse me, no, not with 'quality of life' features literally absent like that.
    Cassta and Soara2 like this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

ok yes no maps from game directly but https://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info3509-EQ2MAP-AutoUpdatingVersionOfficial.html not sure if its one you tried. My first time downloading idk why but didn't work but next , when I wasn't frustrated, and tried was just fine.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Nektropos_Castle for anything there you may have missed , its not an easy to get around place. If your on a specific quest wiki the quest, will have waypoints (usually) u can enter and have gold wisp trail lead you to that spot.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what server are you on ?
    And yes there are about 16 quests in here and some others that require you to come in here .
    The first time I came in here I had no maps either , so I know what your talking about .
    I am so spoiled having a map for just about any place in game now .
    Install EQ2 maps just as elflover said it will brighten up your EQ2 world .
    Cassta, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Yasique New Member

Cleared everything, except epic demon lord.
    Quest 1: Something twisted: slay 10 deathwatch beetles - there are NO such mobs inthis dungeon.
    Quest 2: The Secrets Withing: hunt down doll controllers - NO such mobs.
    Quest 3: A Cauldron's calling: inspect cauldron - NO cauldrons, I know what a cauldron is and I can tell when I see one.
    Quest 4: The Aroma of the Undead: slay fermented elixirs - NO such mobs.
    Quest 5: The Fleshbound Tome speaks: find the location of fine foods with boar laughing at me - I'm standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT, in dining room, with kitchen attached - obviously the right location - quest is not updating.

There is huge problems with this game, and with people designing quests and UI.
    If they think they're right and I'm wrong - MMO market will judge us.
  5. Matik Member

Deathwatch beetles are in the basement, the doll controller is a rare spawn in basement, the cauldron is in a secret room in the library, fermented elixirs are spawned by interacting with some wine racks, and you want to be in the upstairs dining room, if you're near the kitchen that isn't right. You're right, there are huge problems with this game, but nek castle isn't on the list, and the "mmo market" judged this game about a decade ago.
  6. Ephras Active Member

Yasique, Nektropos Castle isn't an easy dungeon to do unless you follow the Walkthrough guide, which is available at (scroll down a bit):

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Nektropos_Castle

Also, use the /waypoint command to check your location and where you want to go by looking at the maps, available at:

https://maps.eq2interface.com/index.php

Click on the "Maps" option to search, for example, "Nektropos" will offer a map for each floor of the dungeon.

You can also get a guide for each quest from the Wiki at (click "Search" and enter the name of the quest):

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page

Have fun, and good luck!
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Many of these mobs are on the lower levels of Nek Castle. You'll need to find your way upstairs to the room with the hidden staircase down to the basement. there are a lot of hidden doors, candelabra switches, and hidden walls in the entirety of the place, but especially further down. There is also an access quest, The Everling Lockets or something like that, that will unlock the castle in it's entirety for you on completion.
  8. Nukyular Member

Nek Castle was one of the first zones in the game and to my knowledge it has never been updated. Most people are cool with that, it's like a relic of a time long forgotten. Knowing one's way around in there used to be a highly-valued game skill. There are plenty of quirky little things that you simply have to know or you'll be stuck in there...FOREVAH! Unless you call out of course. But then? 3-day hard lockout LOLOLOL! Of course there is an excellent guide, already linked.
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

For this zone, to get to the basement where some of the mobs you seek are located, you must find the hidden passage from the second floor to get there. For other quests on the main floor you will need to make your way to the second floor and then back down to the first floor in a different location. The castle was designed by a mad man, nothing is quite what you think it should be like.
    Cassta, Breanna and Soara2 like this.