Duplicate "This account is in use"

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Gharyn, May 8, 2020.

1. Gharyn Well-Known Member

This bug has been around for a while but seems to be happening a lot more lately when I camp to an alt. I thought it happened when there was high server load but I'm getting it at low times now too.

Not a critical bug, just very annoying. It made me memorize my long and complicated password :>
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

This happens to me when I try to specifically log over to a certain character.

If I /camp Ouka, I log over to Ouka. If I /camp Valaundra, I get "This account is in use" and have to enter in my password. If I camp to the character select screen, Valaundra is usually the default pick, even though she's one of my alt characters and Ouka is my main.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

This is an old bug I've gotten since they did the last server merge, um how many years ago was that? 4? Anyhow same when I log in Breanna then go to camp to Pandamonia, I get it every single time. It does not though happen with just those 2 characters that are just the main ones. There are some days when I'm bouncing through my alts I get it 5 or 6 times and other days just once or twice. It does get very annoying. At one time I think it was Mermut that posted something to fix the problem, which I tried and it did not fix it.
  4. Wulfen Active Member

This is an old bug indeed, I don't remember how many years, but it's been happening way more often this first week of May 2020... but then again, I've been cycling through all deserving alts for the basic Alter of Malice Tradeskill red shinies. It's a pleasant surprise when I DON'T get the message. I'll try Cusashorn's theory of merely camping instead of camping to my next alt choice. My theory is, your next alt choice is in a special world of Limbo, where you have definitely chosen it, but the game has decided it's going to wait on followthrough. I used to think it happened to Sages more often (because twice as many recipes)… but now I don't see a reason that stands out.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

No it happens mostly on my Armorer. Almost every single time well 99.9% of the time I log to her, and it happens to my alchy and prov too frequently but not as bad.
  6. ramblinrod Member

This happens to me a lot also, usually rarely, but once it happens it tends to repeat a lot until it stops again.

Occasionally I notice a strange situation where the cause is obvious: instead of camping for 20 seconds then switching to the new toon, it stops camping after just a few seconds and tries to switch. Clearly that doesn't work, because the camped toon hasn't gone offline yet, so the account really is in use. Since this happened I wonder if the problem is that either game tries to switch from the camped toon just a hair too soon, or the camped toon is taking longer than 20 seconds to actually go offline.

Sorry if this has been commented on before... I suspect it has, because I didn't do a forum search.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Ratalthor Developer