Thinking of Swashbuckler need opinions

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-romulis, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

i currently have a 81 necromancer and a 77 dirge. once i get the dirge up i want to level another class and i am thinking swashy i see alot on how they are good soloers. but im debating between a monk class, swashy and a illusionist right now... opinions?
  2. ARCHIVED-JennyBean2011 Guest

I love my Swashbuckler, I can solo very well. But of course this is the first class i have ever played (new to the game) but I have tried a warden and it just doesnt give the excitment that a swashy does. I would highly recommend a swashy!
  3. ARCHIVED-Elwhyan Guest

Swashy is not as proficient a soloer as Illy, but certainly more fun. A swashy is excellent at taking down big encounters of vvvs and such really fast. Illy can solo heroics, even named ones, even with poor gear, which is something Swashy appears incapable of, at least as of level 40-ish, which my Swashy is. With excellent gear, I think Swashy would be able to kill single ^^^s too. Illy has invisibility, which is awesome for soloing, and of course Swashy gets stealth.

I haven't played a Monk, but I hear they are among the best soloing classes - better than Swashy - due to feign death, good DPS and self heal abilities (?).

Edit: Never mind! My swashy can solo named ^^^s a few levels below his. It only gets difficult when they have stealth detection.