Thinking of starting again - Need advice

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by FurionMoneygrabber, Mar 19, 2019.

1. FurionMoneygrabber New Member

Seeing as I think that live is so featurebloated, I thought it would be fun to start on kaladim and experience some of the first few expansions. That being said. I need some advice.

Classes. Are berserkers/bruisers considered tanks? Are shadowknights way too overplayed for what they bring to the game? How useful are necromancers/wizards in a group/raid setting?
  2. Agmar New Member

My advise would be play what ever you like. The population of the game is very healthy and diverse and so any and every class is more than welcome in groups.

Yes bruisers and berserkers are considered tanks. Sk are ovetplayed everywhere they are one of the more populare class's but i didnt notice some imbalance number of Sk on the server. Since a tank is always needed you wont have a problem finding à group as SK.

Wizards are more than welcome in raid/group settings. Necros Will only be frawn upon by hardcore wannabees. While necro brings less to the group and is a more selfish class it still does its job. Most people groups and guilds wont complain about it people run all kind of groups and setups.

As long as you are friendly helpfull and not a Dick you wont have problems grouping and raiding no matter your class.

Hope in and have fun :)
    Siren likes this.
  3. Gazruney103 New Member

What kind of tanking will you intend on?
    Group stuff,raids..
    I used to play years ago with a monk who could tank anything, provided he had a druid type healer and a dirge in the group.
    Pick one and learn it well,play to your strengths and forget wether a different class might be 2% better at one particular encounter. I promise you may be surprised to find you enjoy yourself.
    I'd rather have a well played Gaurdian tank fighting along side me than a poorly played SK or Zerker.
    Quick edit, not that I'm suggesting you would be a poorly played SK or Zerker lol.
  4. Nickolous Member

Play what is appealing to you.

There exist guilds that only raid with certain classes in groups. This is unnecessary and ridiculous. Know what the guild is like if you join a raid guild. Not all are the same.

Find a guild and group of players you want to play with and that will let you play the way you want. Don't make a class because some guild is only wanting that class.

Take time to smell the roses, and pick up shiny things on the way...have fun!
    Siren and Seefar like this.
  5. Malachy Well-Known Member

SKs and necros are the most popular classes on all servers. On Kaladim, SKs got gutted, they're still popular, but not as good as paladins. Bruisers are the least played tanks on all servers, for good reason. Necros are good, when it comes to what they bring to a group/raid, they're solid dps, very little utility compared to other dps classes on par. Wizards are great dps and very good utility.
  6. karnn New Member

How were the gutted on Kaladim? Im out of the loop.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Bruiser's are pretty bad if you're looking at getting into tanking, SK's are pretty good, but only really one per raid.

Wizard's are the best dps class in game, necro's are pretty good, now that confront fear is nerfed they will probably be topping parses because lifeburn won't get nerfed like manaburn did.