Things I wish I'd known as a young ranger...

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Avahlynn, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Hotbars are quite personal and often they evolve through leveling and are just where they are for familiarity.

I have my ranged attacks all grouped up, my closer/melee range together, my stealth attacks next to my stealth making abilities, and my temp buffs, clickies and everything else in groups based on relevance.

I'm a mouse click kinda person so having things close to link abilities is important. People that use numerical keys may be different.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

I was originally left side when prestige points came out. Went to right side when many others did later on. After Neilochs post, I decided to go back to left side and I'm easily beating my right side parse in 90% of circumstances. Even grouped mobs.

Probably averaging 20% DPS increase with same gear.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  3. Tinkerbe Active Member

Came here to ask a couple of ranger questions. ... No need to now. Every class needs a thread like this.
    Regolas and Avahlynn like this.
  4. Dmyankee New Member

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread as well, i to and returning to EQ2 and its been a long time since i raided in this game and looking forward to getting back into it.
    Regolas and Avahlynn like this.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

Just an update, I'm currently switching between the sides depending on the zones.

Fabled zones, HK, Picklaw Depths and Hive get my right side AE spec.

Dom, Halls, Labs, Nexus, Stasis, Stratum generally get my LHS spec, although occasionally I'll switch mid zone if I know a few encounters are coming up that are AE heavy (like after 2nd named in Halls).

I also had to make a Survival spec for moloing Bigz in Pickclaw Adv Solo without pulling the chain. He hit me too hard to stay in pure damage spec.
    Avahlynn likes this.