these spells need to be adjusted

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Morphemic420, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Morphemic420 Guest

My issue is some of the T9 adept 3's are still actually WORSE than the previous tier master. This is stupid and needs to be fixed.
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Mugen666 Guest

Have you done the Epic Repercussions quest to change your mythical into a spell? The mythical increases the damage of spells by 10%, but only level 71 - 80 spells. The upgraded spell version of your mythical will increase the damage of spells 81 - 90.
  3. ARCHIVED-Morphemic420 Guest

Umm how does spell damage have anything to do with this? The actual dmg/heal on this means nothing, just showing the difference between the T8 masters and the new T9 adept 3's. The adept 3 of the next tier should never be less than the master of the previous tier. Most of the warden spells have been adjusted so there is some advantage to using the adept 3 T9 version, however it appears that some were missed. Really great to waste 200+plat on spells that are worse than the previous tier.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mugen666 Guest

Just offering suggestions, most classes' T9 spells were affected by the Epic Repercussions ability. Which would change the damage amount on the spell you are referencing: Icefall. Which, unless I'm mistaken, "inflicts cold damage" on a target.
  5. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

I think it's excellant design that the previous masters remain useful. I have a number of characters, some of them aren't well geared or with advanced spells - my warden which is my main however had a lot of effort put into fully mastering it last tier. It still feels like my main character this tier, not like a few days harvesting puts all my characters back on level footing, precisely because the masters are still worthwhile.

Experts are still needed to get research going for T9 masters, but the characters that people cared about a lot and focused their time/effort into mastering still benefitting seems entirely right to me.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Morphemic420 wrote:
    Agreed, this is not proper progression, the expert should be better, if even slighty so, than the previous tiers master.
    Good catch /nod
  7. ARCHIVED-Tryon Guest

Not only are the damage/healing amounts worse, but the T8 masters cost less Power to cast than the T9 Experts.
    But to be fair, you should only really compare the spells when you are absolutely sure no other armor/buffs are effecting the T8 version. For example I thought Winds of Healing VI ((T8) Master) was 200 hps better than Winds of Healing VII ((Y9) Expert) ... but I forgot all about the TSO T4 raid (2)set that increased ONLY T8 by 20%.
    Expert spells should always be slightly better than the previous master IMHO. As it is now, the only reason to waste diamonds on Expert Heals and Nukes is to be able to research them.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

The funny thing is, our T9 single-target heals when experted are better than the T8 masters. I haven't bothered to upgrade Winds of Healing or Healstorm from T8 Master to T9 expert though, for just the reason that you've posted. I have to ask though: Why are you upgrading your nukes? They're not nearly as effective as our melee capabilities.
  9. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Red adorns make the T9 masters better if they aren't already.