The worst part of this game is...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aelfan, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelfan Active Member

There are probably a lot of opinions about what this is, but I've decided what I find most hateful about the game, and it would be nice to see some ideas about how to fix the problem, and something happen in a future upgrade.

It's emptying bags.

I think it's because you have had so much fun smashing your way through Norrath leaving mobs groaning and their loot ripped from their bodies, that the result of it is that you then have to do something with all that stuff! Stuff to sell, stuff to send to your other toons, stuff you would transmute if your transmuting was up, all kinds of stuff. Here are some of my ideas:

1: We can transmute anything. Just like we can now harvest anything. The idea that we can make a level 85 toon with zero transmuting is painful.

2: Loot money, not junk to sell to merchants.

3: Character tabs for stuff like totems, food, and potions (and whatever happened to have a tab for crafting gear?).

4: Re-allocate stuff to other toons on the same account. Instead of having to post them, or administer the bank, just right-click and allocate that recipe, upgrade, or item to another toon.

Let's free ourselves from hours of bag administration! Never again to quit playing when you want to go to bed to get up early the next day, but then have to spend an hour emptying bags! Never again log a toon ready for a fun evening of slaying orcs, to find you have to spend an hour emptying your bags first!
    NayHomey, Robynous and Oberon like this.
  2. Oberon Member

Yes, bag clearing is a pain. I was astonished when they let you harvest any level of node, but it made the game much more enjoyable to play. So many people forget that this is a game, that we play, to get enjoyment. Being able to transmute any level of loot would be absolutely wonderful. I have toons I don't want to play because I never kept their transmuting up.
    Belenos, Robynous and Aelfan like this.
  3. SynnikuL Active Member

Just like with harvesting, if your muting skill isn't at the gear level then you can't get a mana. But you can still get raws and a skill up.

I like it
    Spira, Oberon, Belenos and 4 others like this.
  4. Eileithia Active Member

What I'd love to see is a "Sell all junk" button much like they do in GW2. All that "A merchant may pay..." stuff should be a one-click to clear your bags. Same with Status loot. Gear and the like is a little different because you could put it on the broker, or move it to an alt. I also think quest items should be stored in the quest journal, not your inventory, and stuff that offers a quest when you examine it, should poof once you examine it and get the quest.

Also, I agree there should be a storage method for a stack of totems / potions / poisons in the character sheet instead of your bags as well. Limit the number of stacks for each type (Only 4 totem spots, and 3 poison spots, and 6 potion spots or something to that effect.)

I will say though, bag management is better now than it was even a year ago.
    Riffy, The Jones, Robynous and 2 others like this.
  5. Robynous Well-Known Member

That is very true, bags are pretty annoying. It would be nice to spend less time sorting them out. It's more like work than fun! I like the idea of a sell-all button, but I'd like it even better if you just got the money and status and didn't have junk in your bags! Same with what Eil says about quest items, it would be nice if they sorted all that out, including old quests, so that we don't need to carry these things.
    Aelfan likes this.
  6. Aelfan Active Member

Yes, that would be brilliant. Some quests seem to get by without giving you junk that never goes away.

I do wonder if it would be possible to just right-click an object and say to move it to an alt. It should be, and would be much quicker than using the post-box (and you also wouldn't actually need the post-box). It could just dump right into their overflow. Perhaps some people would prefer the "real-life" aspect of using the post-box, and the little ka-ching every time you post something, but I'd much rather be killing things!

I'll agree things are better, the currency window, for instance! I have to wonder why they didn't go whole-hog with tabs right away, as some of my toons carry FAR more totems and potions etc than currency!
    Robynous likes this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The key to easy bag management is just to be organized in the first place. A little preparation and pre-sorting makes all the loot sort out faster. Dedicate bags further down the line to be filled with all your totems and potions and such. The rest falls into place, where it needs to. I tend to leave bags 1-3 empty and all my gear goes in bags 4 and 5, with 6 being free for harvests. Those last 3 bags are marked for no selling.

As for transmuting, it's a non-essential skill. Sell the armor and buy adornments on the broker. Support the efforts of those that bother to take the tradeskills. The only reason the harvesting change took place is there were quests that required it.
    Fetish, Shmogre, Wurm and 1 other person like this.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If your alt is on the same account, that's what the shared bank is for. Otherwise, you can just setup and run another instance of EQ2 to move items between accounts.
  9. RadarX Community Manager

Some great and constructive feedback guys. Please continue to share your thoughts.
    Robynous, Avahlynn and Oberon like this.
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I am loving the idea of quest items being journal stored and not bag stored!!
    Spira, Faelynn, Finora and 2 others like this.
  11. Oberon Member

You clearly aren't paying attention. Full bags are full no matter how well you organize them, and we had quests dependent on harvesting to a certain level for a long time before they thankfully got rid of it. How about some constructive contribution instead of telling people how to play the game?
    Robynous likes this.
  12. Robynous Well-Known Member

I really like the idea of a potion etc tab, you could have a button for your favourite buff, like you have for the mount..

And I would have to say that my bags a perfectly we'll organized, but I think this is something that could be greatly improved in the game.
    Oberon likes this.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

Be that as it may, he's right.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I forget how many times I've heard people in General chat who can't loot or harvest anything because their empty bags are overflowing. That overflow should auto-dump into the bags as you clear the bags out.
  15. Tylia Well-Known Member

I disagree with the idea of anyone being able to transmute anything without skilling up the craft. It is a craft after all, unlike harvesting, and should definitely retain the current requirements of raising the skill level to transmute the items. There are no quests that require transmuting and the craft should not be made less meaningful simply because someone doesn't want to bother taking the time and effort to raise their skill level.
    aspekx, Deveryn and Dulcenia like this.
  16. Tinkerbe Active Member

I also run into this problem when I want to delete a character and every bag is full. It takes way to long to redistribute everything.

I'd like to see crafted personal depots moved to shared bank slots. 1 click to empty harvested items and have them auto organize in one spot. Another click to empty all collection items, etc...
    Oberon likes this.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If anyone's not paying attention, it's you. I gave advice based on my experience in this game. As I go through my daily routine, picking up all sorts of things in the game, the last thing on my mind is bag management because I've made it so I don't have to think about it. My method has worked for 5 years now. Take it or leave it, I don't care. I'm just throwing an idea out there, because it's easier to find alternative solutions instead of sitting and waiting for things to happen. Just because you don't want to follow my advice, it doesn't make my previous post any less constructive.
    Faelynn likes this.
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

I personally enjoy clearing out my bags after a hard days adventuring. I don't know what you guys are doing that fills all of your bags. Unless you carry a ton of useless junk around you shouldn't really be filling more than 3 bags with random quest/looted stuff. Think I only used just under 2 bags worth of space after doing the entire vesspyr questline. It also doesn't take me an hour to do. If you're really disorganized like Deveryn said I could see it, but just organize your consumables and clickies into specific slots and you really shouldn't spend more than 10-15 min sorting through your acquisitions.
    Tylia likes this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Except the part where transmuting is not a craft, it is a harvesting skill. Remember some time ago the crafting portion of transmuting was separated & named adorning. Transmuting is a harvesting skill everyone gets at level one just because they made a character. There would be nothing at all wrong gameplay wise with aligning the transmuting harvest skill with all of the other harvest skills.

I would love to have some sort of bandoleer to hold potions & totems & whatnot. Those can take up a great deal of room. It would also be nice if it had it's own window, like the channeler & beastlord special hotbars, with the fly outs we could choose a potions/totem for each slot. That way would could also save slots on hotbars for frequently used items.

It's all gotten better over the years, but there are still some things that would be nice =). For instance, it would be nice to just 'sell all' on all junk loots. You know the ones, the yeti hides, canine saliva, statues of Xegony & what not that are there just to sell. I know some people collect some of them, but most of us would just like to quickly sell them when we get to a merchant.
    Robynous and Oberon like this.
  20. Tylia Well-Known Member

Yes, for some odd reason they stuck Transmuting under the Harvesting category on the Skills tab, so "technically", you could call it a Harvesting skill. Fine, I'll give you that. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with harvesting. The only thing that is even remotely the same as harvesting is that you craft items with the end result. With that train of thought, harvesting should have been put under the Tradeskill tab because the only thing you do with harvestables is craft with them. Therefore, that would place Transmuting under Tradeskills as well.. thereby making it once again a craft. (Ok, so that was some pie-in-the-sky over-exaggerated thinking, but it was fun.)

At any rate, I still stick to my opinion that it is not a "harvesting skill". It is a craft, and should not be changed. ;)
    Deveryn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.