The SOE Authenticator - Now Available at SOE.com!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

[IMG]
    Announced at Fan Faire 2011, the SOE Authenticator offers added account security to SOE Station Accounts.
    The SOE Authenticator is a supplemental authentication method for your Station Account giving you the security of Two-Factor Authentication. This additional layer of security is designed to help thwart and prevent unauthorized access to your account. The SOE Authenticator provides you with a unique, one-time authenticator code (PIN) to use in conjunction with your regular password.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Miakiko Guest

The announcement specifically mentions iPhone and Android for the mobile authenticator. Are there any plans/possibilities of getting a BlackBerry app too?
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Misuko@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    People still use BlackBerries these days?
    Sarcasm aside, that's a good point.
  4. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

So... are these only available for players with Station Access accounts? I tried to buy one of the hardware devises and got an error.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

You lose everyone's details, shut servers down for weeks, generally really drop the ball.
    Then you come up with a device that helps prevent this, and you want to charge people for it??
    You're having a laugh.
    Edited to add..

Shame on you.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Cratoh wrote:
    There is (or going to be) a free Android/IPhone version of this. As hardware is not made out of thin air.. I think $10 (which includes shipping in the USA) is not too shabby or shameful at all.
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

If they mailed these out for free, people would complain that the design of the EQ2 graphic "sticker" is not to their taste, or it doesn't have a backlight, or it's too heavy/bulky/plasticky, or demand that John Smedley mail everyone $100.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I think it would be fine to just pay postage/packing on them. The probably cost a few cents to make, and cost $10 bucks.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Paypal sent me one of those a few years ago... free, and I don't even pay a subscription to Paypal.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Zarandar@Oasis wrote:
    I don't have a Station Access account and I was able to buy one just fine.
  11. ARCHIVED-ffd700 Guest

Are these for only logging on to the Soe.com account management site, or also for logging into the actual game?
    Also, how long are the codes good for once you push the button? I've used SecurID in the past and their codes change every 60 seconds. Do you have to push the button inbetween each login?
    Will there ever be a USB model that would be required to be plugged in to the actual machine logging on?
  12. ARCHIVED-Vashek Guest

Any chance of this being available for Windows Phone 7 please?
  13. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Cratoh wrote:
    SOE isn't manufacturing them. They have to pay someone else to do the manufacturing. Plus, they have software in the devices and software on a server to provide the sync for the algorithm for the numbers. None of that is free.
    SOE -is- paying the shipping for US. International has a higher shipping cost.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    I realsie soe is not making them themselves. Still they are likely to be a few cents each.
  15. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Xiara@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    +1
    Blizzard got theirs out fast. I expect RIFT to have one out soon. Suprised it took this long for them to implement this, TBQH.
  16. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

ffd700 wrote:
    Both. And the forums too.
    ffd700 wrote:
    60 seconds. Why would you need to login multiple times?

ffd700 wrote:
    I doubt it.
  17. ARCHIVED-ffd700 Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Well say you get done with your gaming session and you log off and then log back in later, would you be using the same code that was generated from the first time you logged on or would it have automatically generated a new one like a SecurID key fob, or would you have to hit the button on it again to generate a new number?
  18. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Each time you login you press the button to generate a code.
  19. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Just a few days ago I heard Blackberries are awesome for planning riots and pillaging.
  20. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Bremer wrote:
    Reminds me of a joke...