The Realm of Sky Collection

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Gaealiege, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Gaealiege Active Member

The Realm of Sky collection doesn't give a priest 2-handed weapon or a mage 2-handed weapon option. It gives scouts multiple delay options, fighters multiple delays and a 2-hander, but not mage/priest.

The majority of priests use 2-handed weapons. This seems like a simple error of omission. Many mages also rely on 2-handed weapons. Please add those in so that we may get a reward from this collection that is usable as well.

Thank you for your time.
  2. konofo Active Member

3. murmur Member

4. Gaealiege Active Member

That's cool that you managed to link to a thread specifically discussing the mage 2-hander. This one address the issue that is both items missing while directly giving the name of the collection in question in the title for devs.

I fail to see how that information refutes what I typed up, Murmur, but I appreciate that you took the time to make a distinction.
  5. murmur Member

I just wanted to note that fighters are missing 2 hander also (except brawlers)

Also would be nice if there would be bow option to channelers and focus to mages.
    Kraeref likes this.
  6. knine Well-Known Member

yea except the fighters get to choose between mit or block.. they at least get something lol.. no mystic/warden.. or even inquis will take a one hander with recovery speed (lol) or a one hander with ability mod... please give us a 2 hand option we can trade for.. 8 sec delay would be great.. that may be pushing it lol.. lets at least get a 2 hander first i guess :)
  7. Gaealiege Active Member

This still needs looked into.
  8. Sylke Well-Known Member

Priests and casters should have options for a 2hander and ranged weapon.
    Plate tanks should have options for 1hander and ranged weapon.

At least.
  9. Gaealiege Active Member

Still needs addressed.
  10. Gaealiege Active Member

This still hasn't been addressed. It's intended to give fighters and scouts second-best-in-slot while mages and priests get unusable rewards?
  11. Ganador Active Member

Please look at this. Mages and Priests should have a 2hander option available.
  12. Nindakin Member

Any chance of addressing this? The reward distribution amongst archetypes isn't equivalent in its current state.
  13. Caith Developer

As you know, not every quest is going to give upgrades for every slot. The Realm of Sky collection rewards primary one handed weapons, with the exception of a bow for rangers, and a 2h defensive staff for brawlers.
  14. Prrasha Well-Known Member

But as-is, it doesn't give upgrades at all for casters and priests who use two-handers. Which they do, due to AAs. (That's not just this quest, it's a rampant problem through all of ToV and KOS-fabled.)
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

It sounds good.. until you realize that scouts + brawlers = over 1/3 of the classes have an option for something besides a 1-hander.
    Since there are two options for the collection, I wonder why mages, priests and plate tanks don't have the choice of 'type' of weapon.
  16. Nindakin Member

Right, special consideration was shown for rangers by including a bow option (even though the 1-handers are perfectly usable for them) yet the sizable fraction of priests and mages that use 2-handers have literally no usable reward. It's not like this is a solo quest, it's a final collection, so its rewards should be more accommodating. If you don't want to include 2 handers for whatever reason, adding a range would at least give everyone something they can use.
  17. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Note that at the same time we're being told "casters using two-handers, go fly a kite" in here, in the Zlandicar's Heart thread, we're being told "casters using two-handers, here's an option for you since you don't use symbols." In posts by the same Dev, even.

It would be nice if SoE would at least get all their notes together before they tell us what is and isn't acceptable gameplay. ;)
  18. knine Well-Known Member

Actually the bow is for use by all scouts...people invested time and money into this quest (not even a quest) COLLECTION..and should be rewarded well for it. It doesn't have to surpass raid gear, but should be comparable stats to the 2 hand given to brawlers. Unacceptable really imo..tanks weapons were great.. scouts great... healers/mages.. here is this one hander for you to place in your bags.. discoed it on my server and its been sitting in bags since.. what a waste of time..
  19. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Two handed weapons for priests and mages are a thing of the past. Being an illusionist who loves to melee I have come to grips with this. Fact is the vast majority of players who provide feed back on the forums prefer to use ranged weapon. Ufortunately the changes made to improve wand damage for mages and priests in recent history resulted in eqivlent damage to that of a two handed weapon. Add to that the ability to not have to pause for your auto attacks and the wand becomes far superior. Enchanters get .030? To base as an AA for melee damage. If I understand the math that is the equivalent of 30 WDB and only gives the slightest edge to the two hander but is negated by less casting DPS from timing autos. Its not just this meta lacking two hander reward, it is apparent in all content since ToV. There are zero two handers available to the solo player. I started a thread death of the two hander, and its true. As much as I love to melee and time my auto attacks it no longer provides any reward. People who like to melee are the minorities as far as i can tell, and unfortunatly I don't see this item being added to the meta or the game as a whole. It does however make me sad it was an aspect of the game I personally enjoyed. I probably should finish this meta and suck it up for the extra white slot as a mage but I won't!
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

For enchanters that might work, but for many melee priests it does not. Many melee priest specials (from AA and such) proc off melee hits only. Spell weapon auto-attack does NOT cause any of those procs to fire off (I've tested 'em). Even for the enchanters, there is AA that only works on WDB, not SWDB. This is the case for most melee priests as well.