The real problem with hair color

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-SythRavenhawk, Mar 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SythRavenhawk Guest

Ok, I have searched for this and found literally hundreds of posts with absolutely no useful info from SOE on this.ISSUE - Hair color varies in shade from creation to in-game. Causes - Let face it, with all the graphic combinations one can use in this game, there will obviously be some discrepancies in character look during creation and in gameplay. Other posts - Of all the posts I have seen it is almost always the same, the hair color in game look similar to either the base or highlight hair color, but does not appear to be the balance of both as it is in character creation.NEEDS - What we need is the 'graphic settings' that SOE uses by default at the character creation screen. It's that simple. It will likely only be some combination of shaders, specular lighting and character LOD, but I am not completely sure. Just tell us all what it is, then the complaints about hair color can be put to rest FOR GOOD!!! I We would simply create the character we want in creation, then set the game settings the same once logged in, and voila. How difficult would that be?? Most of the other posts have told people to do this or that with no resolution. Some have suggested logging a petition, but I can just imagine the in-game support for this. I even read one post from SOE that the "monitor settings" might need to be adjusted (like that would cause a change from character creation to in game).Just give us the default settings used for the character creation screen and let's be done with it.For those that might flame this, trust me, looks do matter to many people in this game. Thank you in advance for any info you can give on this.
  2. ARCHIVED-SythRavenhawk Guest

Oh, and just because someone will flame me ... I did put nice paragraphs and decent structure in that post, but these boards blow it all the smithereens for some reason. Sorry it looks like it does, but I certainly can't make it look better on my end.
  3. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

You must be talking about SOGA models and the Fae. Unfortunately, in order for you to see your character as you created it in creation, you need to turn your player character models display options up. I keep mine at high or max for this very reason. I will mention that there have been times with SOGA models that my highlights have disappeared completely after a patch. They do eventually sort themselves out after another patch or two thankfully but it was still always annoying. I stopped playing with SOGA models awhile back ago once I revisited the regular models because I found the regular models to have a less cookie cutter look to them and individualism is easily achieved whereas SOGA models do not afford the same level of customization.
  4. ARCHIVED-Alycs Guest

I have found with ANY model, that the higher the character model display, the closer to what it looks in the window. The Character Selection screen...since there is NOTHING else going on in there, is set to max to best show off your character. Once you leave from there, YOUR settings take over. Hence, the model changes. Sometimes just a little bit...sometimes quite a lot.