The Plat nerf

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kalmaraa, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Kalmaraa Active Member

I was wondering as there are no notes in the beta/test updates and alot of people are talking about it, but is the nerf on plat earnings done on purpose or not? I know via a /petition that GMs are fowarding those to Devs, and suggesting ./feedback so there mroe aware of the issue, still with no notation on the plat earning reduction, it makes me wonder if this was planned or just a bug.
  2. gage New Member

Its about time the dev's let the players know what thay are doing with plat as its causing player unrest big time THIS IS BECOMING A SOE BALLS UP AGAIN
  3. Morrdredd Member

I am not happy with the changes to no plat in raid chests.. and when you raid.. you need plat for repair bills.. Sony Epic Fail!! Pass it on!
    Uwkete's Li'l Ones likes this.
  4. Mankar Active Member

Regardless of how I feel about the changes, the PR thread is growing so fast that the lack of dev acknowledgement is upsetting. If they would even say something at all we could at least have an idea about how or where things are going.
  5. Daray Well-Known Member

I, on the other hand, am happy with this reduction to 5-year old chests that were never originally intended to be (ab)used in this way - EQ2's version of welfare (zone into 3 instances and /claim 500p) needs to be brought back in-line. My suspicions are that they're doing this to allow properly scaled (hopefully per person amounts) plat purses to be added to current content, but time will tell.
  6. Mankar Active Member

From the PR thread:

7. Knight Member

Yea
    Yea of course your happy, afterall your in the best guild on the server, you get 5-10k plat splits per month in addition to what you sell in groups, so let's bash on those who don't have it as good as you
  8. Laiina Well-Known Member

Personally I find it a bit anachronistic that years old zones like PR gives better plat than any of the current zones, and far better than anyone could even hope to get with tradeskills or any other "tradional" way to make money.

It's a pretty obvious fact that inflation has set in, when I see people with 10's of thousands of plat paying 1,000's for auction channel armor. I am not looking for any heavy nerfs, but it sure seems to me that something has to be done to reduce the flood of cash coming into the game.

There has to be some readjustments, and I think that PR is just one of them - the plat drops from all group and raid zones should be readjusted. Some people have blamed Kronos for the plat flood, but those plat were already in the game - they just moved from one player to another so I don't think that is the problem.
  9. Mohee Active Member

Not necessarily true for everyone. I have a guildy who doesn't group, doesn't raid, all he does it craft. He makes more money every day from crafting that I could ever dream from PR. I've heard him say "dang, only about 2k today, its been slow."

But I do agree (as stated in other threads), current zones, CoE, PoW and the like, need to drop plat, on par if not more than PR does. Things are getting even more expensive from merchants (plat sinks) such as fuel, the 1k dislodger, steward gear, steward adorns, standards, markers, ect...
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I make most of my money not from raiding but by selling collection items. The ROI is huge no matter what method you use to get the shinies. Being able to track shiny nodes makes this very easy, but people have to determine if they want to invest the time in doing this. I also harvest while I am doing it, and then refine the rares, which my alts craft into stuff and sell THAT.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

That's awesome, so..
    Where do you think your buyers come up with their coin?
    I love how so many love to share what they SELL to make coin. Ever wonder where your buyers get their coin? It's from SLR from solo, splits from SLR in guild raids and plat runs.
    Albanara, Cloudrat and Kalderon like this.
  12. Humakt Member

Seeing that the current raid zones do not drop any plat... If they remove plat from PR & SoH they should at least drop plat in tier10
  13. Mankar Active Member

...there will be coin in T10 content. This is well known now. How much plat, we don't know. But they aren't only removing plat from old zones.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have been playing since launch, and even at low levels I was selling collectibles, mostly butterflies from Oakmyst Forest. Unless a game has plat sinks that take money out of the economy, every single creature slain that drops money increases the amount of cash in the world. I assure you, we had people on Lucan D'Lere with bucketloads of plat well before PR.

When the fae first arrived, I had anticipated the market by making a ton of bronze and blackened iron armor, and I sold that stuff like hotcakes. Ka-ching!

Every expansion with a level increase comes out, people want shinies for the collection AA, so I hunt shinies hard ahead of time. Ka-ching!

Every time we get an expansion that includes new spells, I go out and harvest my hiney off for the rares that make Expert spells. Ka-ching.

For years, farming bot teams were annihilating aviaks in Barren Sky for their pocket change, and selling spellbooks, fertilizer components etc. and vendor loot for more money. Before that, they farmed the Sandscrawler goblins. Any moderately powerful toon can do this as well. It bores me, but then, harvesting (which I enjoy) bores others.

It has NEVER been hard to make money in this game. It does, however, require that one invest a little thought and your own time to do so. I don't sell one thing for a thousand plat. I sell thousands of things for a handful of gold or a couple of plat.

The excessive whining about nerfing plat is because so many people are so incredibly lazy.
    Filly67, Avirodar and Finora like this.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Name-calling won't change anything by saying someone is lazy because they do something differently?
    I will admit I have hit PR a few times but the 3-4 times I have bothered to do it since the first of the year, were out of boredom and I like to salvage the drops for rares.
    I mostly make my purse from others that "farm" coin, by selling loot rights to mounts and ethereals ;)
    I even make some experimenting and crafting
    Do I do it differently than you? Yes of course. Does it mean I am lazy? NO.
  16. Kalderon Well-Known Member

There are times before pr, there will be times after pr and there will be, i´m 100% sure another place to let the balls hang loose and gain cash :):eek::rolleyes:
    Oh.... sometimes, in games, in my sparetime, i am lazy ;) as i do see games not as something to work on ;) (well on progress ok ^^)
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

I think the beef most people who think this whole uproar over Kunark zone plat changes is silly is the fact that it really isn't as if those are the ONLY places in this massive game to get money. Some of them might take more effort (working the broker for example) but it's not like PR is the end all be all of money. Just like Chelsith wasn't the end all be all of PLing/farming aa. SOE let the Kunark raid plat farming go on for too long & people got used to it & now are complaining. Just like SOE let the gray shard thing go on for far too long & people flipped out about that.

SOE certainly is at fault for letting it go on so long as well as the pitiful coin in actual level appropriate zones for the people who farm the Kunark zones. However, I don't think anyone who has been in this game didn't think that the hammer was going to come down on this sooner or later.

Same old story, just a different zone.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

o_O Its not just Kunark and there are some of us that love the ultimate thrill of soloing epic x4 in TSO and SF zones. Beats testing skills on a stupid training dummy! So I just won't get any coin doing that for transmutes anymore.
  19. Vittia New Member

In Innoruuk's name, i really dont know what you are all complaining about!

We just had all our plat avenues taken away from us... we looked forward to the times you players forgot to send us away before opening the chests!

How are we going to fund the merclone-omatic 2000 now?
    Griffon Lady, Rotherian and Finora like this.
  20. Draylore Well-Known Member

The problem with what they are doing trying to control how plat is moved in the game is that all this time they have also been putting in ways to cut off other ways of earning plat. I recall not too long ago where I could make the coin I need to support myself via selling drops I got from doing game content.....i,e masters, the occasional nice drop, etc. But now dropped masters are all but useless since everyone can just SC their masters on day one of a new expansion/level increase or worst case wait a few days for research.......and SoE heavy handed control of what is tradable coupled with token gear, etc has all but killed the buying and selling of useable desired items via the broker. All that is left is SLR and the extreme cases of Ethereals.

And lets not forget the connection between Krono (real $$ for SoE) and being able to get 700ish pp fast (via avenues like PR) solo is one that cannot be ignored wether we like it or not.