the Nest of the Great Egg

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ardrek, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Ardrek Member

I've done this 3x now and received all of the recipes that you can from doing 'kicking the bird out of the nest'.

not once has any of the primary components dropped from anything in the zone.
    The Aggressor's claws
    The Counselor's Head
    The Chamberlain's flayed skin

my crafting is only level 40 but still
    is there something I've done wrong or some mob I missed?
    why wouldn't one of these components drop EVERY time you killed the end boss.
  2. Kilar Active Member

I have not been in that zone for a very long time so I am not able to say anything about what drops there now. I do have some Aggressor's claws somewhere though, I just went through my inv after being away for 11 months. If you are on Crushbone Server and send me a tell I will get then to you if you want them. Character Name = Kilar.
  3. Raisie Member

Do you get the quest to do the kicking the bird out? I get the quest and get the reward which is one of the components. If I remember correctly you get to chose what one you want. I still have those somewhere as I never really knew what those made.
  4. Ardrek Member

the quest rewards from kicking out the bird is the recipes without the mats, maybe I just need to scroll down more, I'll check next time I do it.
  5. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Every time I've run the Nest of the Great Egg, only one crafting component will drop from one of the named in there. It's usually random, though I end up with more head (lol) than the others.
  6. Ragna Well-Known Member

Agressor and Taskmaster have both 15% chance to drop their compo. The 3 other nameds have 10% chance each.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Random drops from the various named in the zone. Not guarenteed.
  8. Mohee Active Member

Also, im not sure what level you seem to be doing this at, but I get the best drop rates when the mobs con white or higher. Blue/Green con mobs seems to have a lower % to drop the good stuff.
  9. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Back in The Day™ when that zone was new, the items that the components made were really nice. The body parts needed to make them were a fairly rare drop. From what I can tell running that with my alts to PL, that drop rate hasn't been changed. The body part drop rate is about the same as it 'used' to be....and that is: Rare.

Also, and I'm not positive about this, but I kind of remember that the items you could craft from the recipe (from completing the quest) and the components (from body drops) weren't crafter level specific. I think anyone could make them. <--disclaimer: I was maxed crafter when these dropped, and that was a really long time ago, so not certain.