The LON items on Marketplace???

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Skpamd, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Skpamd Active Member

So I have the cloak of the seafury that enlarges caster by 49%, and one of my guildies really likes it and as a gift I would like to get one for them. I was looking on the marketplace and I saw that you can buy the season LON package but had some questions about it. First does anyone know if that cloak is one of the things in that pack? When I put my cursor over it a window does pop up but I can't get the bloody thing to stay open so I can see what is in it and of course because there are so many items the words get cut off. Does anyone have an idea on how to keep that window open or a place that list what items are in the pack? Next question is it a random chance (gamble) at what you get in the packs?

On a personal note if anyone from Daybreak reads this, if it is indeed a gamble on what you get it is ridiculous. You would make far more money individually listing items for purchase. People are far more likely to purchase things they know for sure they can get instead of wasting money on a chance, and those that don't sell well remove them.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If you shift-click on the pack it should put a link into chat. Hit Enter to send it, then click on that link and it will stay open so you can see what's in it.

I also dislike the grab bag aspect of the LoN loot cards and the merc crates. C'mon, Daybreak! At least package stuff together that's similar... a house grab bag, a painting grab bag... or even better, take Skpamd's suggestion and sell the stuff individually. I agree... you could make a lot more money on both the loot cards and the merc crates by letting people buy the ones they want!
    Shmogre and santargria like this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

honestly, I wish they'd add all the lon loot cards in a subsection under the market place, further divided out by clothing, house items, and mounts, and let us pick and choose what we wish to buy. i also wish they'd add the dungeon maker items and goblin games items to the market purchasable for dbc instead of staring at things i wish i could get but no longer can because the currency isn't available anymore. I'd invest more dbc if they did.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Whoever is in charge of marketplace decisions does make annoying ones. Someone in the industry had success with the gambling style selling of things and they all embraced it. I personally hate it and won't buy gambling boxes of anything. Either let me purchase exactly what I want or do without my cash.

I also hate this "putting of things in the vault". When I want to buy something to decorate with, I want it available. I didn't go through and buy up a bunch of things that I knew I would want later because I'm not going to store things just because they want to manipulate the marketplace.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

As to the OP - I've got nothing but the link/chat method should work fine

I find it interesting that a company that wants/needs income settles/opts into a gambling scheme.

It's absurd to me that any company would opt for "possible" income over "guaranteed" income (guaranteed by selling the items separately allowing consumers choice and to speak with their money)

I understand the logic that by a purchaser not getting what they were hoping for would gamble/buy more. Perhaps there are that many players in game that are into the gambling thing - for me - no freaking way!

I also understand it requires additional work to separate over bundling, but that is a purely "lazy" attitude IMO.

For what it's worth I will NEVER buy anything that is a gamble in a game (I do play the lottery however). I will however (and have) spend real money for items I want in the marketplace.

Get wise Daybreak, your income model is broke and needs fixing!
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

I think you're missing how the income works. If you really want that, you buy the grab bag until you get it. People do that, and that makes Daybreak WAAAAY more money than the $3 they would get for selling the particular item you want.
    Mezrat likes this.
  7. Skpamd Active Member

For example I would be far more likely to purchase 20 of a picture I like, or a cloak like the seafury one, then risk not getting 1 at all. I think they got the idea from GW2 when they took dye's out of the game and put it on their marketplace, but even with the dye packet you still got dyes (most you ended up keeping to use) and you could actually sell those on their broker system, where as with the LON packages there are many useless things that you would never use.
    santargria and Prissetta like this.