the king of solo?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Xeshaka, May 22, 2022.

1. Xeshaka Member

Hellllooooooooooo all!

I'm excited to try out the TLE server next week!

I do want to group if I can, but will have a limited schedule so will spend a lot of time soloing.

I'm wondering, what is THE best class for soloing the toughest mobs? I know all classes can solo to some degree, but for example if you had to take out a tough named mob solo, which class would have the highest chance of success, given they are played to the max extent of their ability?

Thanks all, have a great day!
  2. Halixa New Member

a few, SK,Necro,Conjuror,Inquisitor,Warden,Monk in no specific order
  3. Xeshaka Member

so there is no one that is best? They are all equally able to solo the hardest mobs?
  4. Rhoks Active Member

I would replace warden for fury and remove inquisitor.

Necro/Conj would be your best bet. Conj has a better tank pet than necro but necro has overall more DPS. Conj also has more pet buffs than necro. Both would be a good choice.

Bruiser/Monk are good because they can tank and DPS, plus added in a feign death in the event you need to restart you can FD and not have to waste a death.

SKs are also very good choice. With the DPS output and some heals off your CA, but it wouldnt really take off till coming xpacks and AAs

Overall Id pick Conj/Necro, Monk/Bruiser, fury, and then SK

Fury being they are the highest DPS out of the healers, and can root the target and heal your self at the same time.

If you could Duo box or with a friend then id pick

SK/Fury
    Monk/Warden
    Siren likes this.
  5. Stabbies New Member

it changes slightly depending on expansion. i disagree with halixa's post. i find that generally, the only viable solo classes are paladin, shadowknight, and necromancer. until rok, paladin/shadowknight are the best by a moderate amount. i'd give the paladin a slight edge, but only the slightest. it's a tiny bit more defensive at the cost of damage capabilities, and rarely is that not the superior way to go.

once the rise of kunark expansion comes out, however, the tier list changes. necromancers get a huge buff to their ability to heal their pet. send a tank pet in, and give it massive heals for each stun/root/debuff that you land on the mob. this puts them right up to the top of the list, slightly superior to paladins. (plus them being a dps makes soloing waaaay faster) this remains the case for many expansions to come. shadowknights rank number 3 for soloing in my post-rok tier list by a moderate margin, all other classes are way worse at soloing than these 3.

that's in my opinion your 3 options for a good solo class. each have some content they are better than the other 2 at, so all choices are valid. necro is a decent chunk worse than sk/pally before rise of kunark, but a solid investment in the future, and saving you time lol.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A good mage can do very hard content. It's a matter of learning how to root-and-nuke.
  7. Beneeto Member

me, I'm the king of solo.
    DidraDamagi and Momo like this.
  8. Xeshaka Member

great info, thanks!!
    Rhoks likes this.
  9. Xeshaka Member

haha, nice
  10. Domitorix New Member

Crusaders/Summoners
  11. SmakkUUp Member

12. Rhoks Active Member

Pally is good but it uses a lot of mana so you will need several Mana items to use it effectively
  13. Orav New Member

I remember Monks camping very nice drop areas for hours.
  14. Momo Well-Known Member

Now this is somewhat unexpected, I was so sure you would say "Carpenter" :D
  15. adaria Member

if u wanna solo u can BUT this is TLE so by the time youre like lvl 10 ish youll wanna go do dungeons and youll find tons of groups. the xp is fast and grouping is a lot of fun. I always choose necro & sk both solo very well. I choose them so later on i can camp stuff or harvest without mobs killing me. anyway if you group the solo ability dont matter. I joined Kaladim a yr late and never had any problem finding groups. I made almost every class there is lol you will toooooo
  16. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Necros, a well played necro can solo veryyy well... & you're also loved in raid and pvp a blast too.