The Keeper of Secrets

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Lonissa, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Lonissa Guest

With the changes to Nektulos Forest, I decided to pay our friend the Keeper of Secrets a visit (I was actually looking for firelight shrillers which went missing in the revamp). Imagine my surprise when he said something new!

The Keeper of Secrets says, "When the one who walked from the water is made whole, the heralds of the nine shall arise. Knowledge is key. That is all."

Heralds of the nine? Nine gods returning perhaps? Is there any mention of heralds of the nine in EQLive?

The one who walked from the water is made whole - is there some figure from the past who may have walked from the water? There's been an awful lot of talk of the Behemoth lately, could it be we will make it whole again?

Anyone else have any ideas on what this could mean?
  2. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

In DoF the Keeper of Secrets hinted at the ultimate questline that you could get by getting three talismans. This might be a clue to something in Fallen Dynasty. I know it deals with Zebuxoruk and I think someone mentioned perhaps the ruins of the Plane of Knowledge, but I never got confirmation or heard anything more about that... would fit in with Knowledge is Key though. I know there are zones accessed from underwater too.

Then again, it might be related to the Behemoth and Vhalen said another lore quest was coming soon... hrrrm....
    Message Edited by SageGaspar on 06-14-2006 06:36 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Wow. I don't know, but the game's afoot.
    There are subtle changes happening all over. Talk of the Behemoth, cooperation between the Orcs, new signs of rebirth in the Commonland, a spread of different MOBs into places they have not been seen before, rumors ot the gods returning.
    Something seems to be going on, but what, and by whom, and for what reason, is a mystery to me.
  4. ARCHIVED-BrizaOrin Guest

The Fallen Dynasty might provide the answers you are looking for about this mystery. ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-TolenClearbrook Guest

From a Strictly what is happening right now point of view. that could be a reference to Fallen Dynasty and helping Zeb with his memory (making him whole?) I don't know about him walking from the water though. Would have to do more of the quests to found out how Zeb found himself on New Tannon.

Zeb Getting his memory back would probably cause some, if not all, of the gods to take action, considering what he knows. which could be the "the heralds of the nine shall arise. Knowledge is key. That is all." part
  6. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Hmm, the main reference of "Nine" I can remember in EQ history is the Druid spell line. In PoP, they got "Protection of the Nine" and "Blessing of the Nine".

Thing is, I was a cleric, not a druid, so I was never really clear as to who the "Nine" were. I think it was related to something with the Protection of the Cabbage spell earlier, which "The Nine" was an upgrade to. (IIRC the Cabbage quest had you doing 9 tasks thouhg or something like that).

With Faydark coming, and the emphasis on the Fey, the "influance of growth", and the fact that GF was classic Druid territory, and there are apparantly hints that the Rings are up to something, I'm seeing connections there.

Not sure about the water reference though. That seems like it would be a reference to the Behemoth or something.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nocturnal Abyss Guest

The whole "Nine" thing reminded me of the druid spells, too, so I went back to some lore to see if I couldn't find out what this nine was. Turns out it has to do with the nine sacrifices that the druids would make whenever the cosmic bodies aligned themselves so that they could meet in a grove between various worlds, and all the different druids would come together and worship the various gods of nature. Three sacrifices were made by elves druids, 3 by human druids, and 3 by halfling druids, thus the Nine. The script used was also a recipe that helped you make various druid items that would ultimately get you the Protection of the Cabbage spell, so a lot of it is prattle. You can read about it yourself here, though, if you'd like.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jaale Guest

I'm kinda hoping that this would be a way of bringing the behemoth back from the dead (though what it is and if it would be able to survive in an air atmosphere (from the water?) would be interesting to find out) Can you imagine that some guild does the quest and from there on in there is a lvl 70 epic X4 Mob roaming about Nek (could make him a zone wanderer, would have to make him run slowish though)... would make leveling in that area fraught with peril but at the same time very exciting to know that suddenly this roaming Epic has stumbled across your little band and you have to run like crazy to get away! ;)

Hmm maybe that is just me.. it would spice things up a lot. (can you imagine on the PVP server training that into a group from the other side, Fansy FTW ;) )
  9. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Wasnt the Tribunal nine guys or am I off here?

If I remember eq1 stuff correctly the tribunal were the 9 guys in charge of the plane of justice and basically locking up people in jail on a planar scale.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

I was wondering that too, but the Tribunal was 7. Hence the "7th Hammer". In Justice, you did 6 trials and gained access to speak (fight) the 7th Hammer.

I also was thinking of the Rathe Council, but those little buggers were an even Dozen and not 9 either.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jaale Guest

Nah your thinking of these Gods and there were 6 of them. http://lorenorrath.free.fr/read.php?link=gods_tribunal
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

No. The Tribunal is 6. The 7th Hammer is the Baliff to the Tribunal of 6.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Lol now I remember why I never post on this board, Im always wrong :)
  15. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

My guess:

There were 9 original gods who created the major races on Norrath:
    Tunare, Prexus, Brell, Innorruuk, Rallos Zek, Bristlebane, Cazic-Thule, Mithaniel Marr, and Erollisi Marr.
    I'm leaving out Veeshan because dragons are not a playable race (sorta speaking game mechanics on that part of this assumption), and because of her apparent detachment from Norrath since she planted her race here.

The "heralds of the Nine" would be whatever comes right before these 9 gods show back up. When "he who walked from the water" is "made whole again" would refer to Zebuxoruk regaining his memory. Judging by the 2nd bit of official lore on the Fallen Dynasty (www.thefallendynasty.com) it seems that Zeb mysteriously appeared on the island... so it's very possible he just washed up there, e.g. "walked from the water." When we restore his memory, we gain knowledge. "Knowledge is key". This will spark the gods' return to Norrath, which we already know will happen in the Fallen Dynasty storyline.

Not too far of a stretch, I don't think :smileywink: Makes a bit of sense in any case.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zaino Shadowave Guest

I would assume that the "one who walked from the water is made whole," is the God who lost his memory in the new adventure pack...
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Hmmm... Zebuxoruk is Jesus? For some reason I could see that making sense.

*NOTE! DO NOT START TURNING THIS INTO A THREAD ABOUT RELIGION! THIS IS JUST SPECULATION AND ALL IN FUN. NOTHING SERIOUS!*
  18. ARCHIVED-hahn_bard Guest

Unless they changed "from" to mean "on" in the past 2 days I haven't been home, that comment was meant to do exactly what you hoped it wouldnt.
    Zeb has more in common with Prometheus than Jesus.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zardoz Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Nocturnal Abyss Guest

One ring to rule them all
    One ring to find them
    One ring to bring them all
    And in the darkness bind them

No, I am absolutely sure that it is not refering to the Nazgul of the Tolkein's Middle Earth. Heh. Although, they did have ring wars in EQ, it also wasn't related to the Lord of the Rings. Lets keep our minds in EQ lore. That's complicated enough without introducing outside sources.