The Hydra Helm recipes can no longer benefit from material conservation effects.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mae-, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Mae- Well-Known Member

First, what are hydra helm recipes? I don't recall seeing those on my researchers or anywhere really.

Second, why are you once again restricting specific items from material conservation? You are really making it kind of pointless for this PRESTIGE ability.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Ainaree Well-Known Member

The Hydra Helm Recipe is a raid-only drop with a limited number of charges. It makes the starter for the best hat in the game. The components to make the hat are from the very hard duo instances that you may have seen a thread about full of people complaining. Given the all-around difficulty involved, this one is acceptable to be limited.

Plus, I think the components are no-trade so you can only have it crafted once per character? May also have something to do with it.
    WhysperWynde and Estred like this.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Edit: Ainaree detailed it better than I did.
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

The chances are already pretty small, it's not like it's gonna be every time you make one, you'll get a second. Lower the chance if you must, but removing it altogether is obnoxious.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Ainaree Well-Known Member

It's not obnoxious.

This is one of the items required for the craft combine. http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3940343006

It is No Trade. There are three No Trade component requirements, and a 4th that is an Achievement-Only update given from Gen'ra HM. You're not going to get the achievement-only item twice and it is not Heirloom. When this recipe duplicates components you can't do anything with them. You're not getting a second. You're getting precious-looking junk.
    Lempo and Estred like this.
  6. Daray Well-Known Member

While it does have some cross-over with crafting, you are basically talking about challenge mode raid content/rewards. If you/your guild can't kill HM Gen'ra and doesn't have any plans to do so any time soon, then this isn't something you need to worry about.

The change makes perfect sense, even if I did get a freebie hat for an alt.
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

The hats that are crafted via the recipe/components are heirloom.

If you want to have a look at the recipe in-game, then: \aITEM -1183337405 -895390413:Helms of Psionic Shielding\/a
  8. Ainaree Well-Known Member

Oh, right. It does return the achievement component so it can be made into two hats. I'd forgotten about that. Even so, the fix is really fine and only affects the top end guilds.

As said above though, this is raid-centric content. It does not affect trade-skilling as a whole, is not the start of a great undermining conspiracy, etc.
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

Of course it affects tradeskilling, it's a tradeskill prestige ability that keeps getting nerfed. First the signets, now the helms. I just don't like where it's leading.
    Mermut likes this.
  10. Daray Well-Known Member

All 4 components are attached to achievements (one from HM Gen'ra, and then one attached to the achievement for each of the challenge duo zones). Procing conservation or the shawl returned all 4 components, which you could then turn into another hat to heirloom to an alt.
  11. Ainaree Well-Known Member

You were only ever intended to get one per combine for an item this good, hence them locking it behind an achievement and making the components no trade. If they wanted you to be able to get more, you would get the achievement update every time and the components would be heirloom. It's very obvious it was not intended to work for this and that it is a very specific instance.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

If they wanted these to be one-per-person, then make them a drop. Making them a recipe, then nerfing one of our prestige to not work with it is asinine. If they don't want a chance for multiples, then they never should have made it crafted.
    Mermut likes this.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

The thing is, when you get that Prestige Effect (which btw you got passively for level your normal Tradeskill) you now have and extra component that was supposed to be only one. Regardless of how it was introduced the Prestige Effect is doing something it should not. That is why it was fixed. Some items are not meant to be saved or brought into the game at a higher rate.
  14. Mae- Well-Known Member

That's fine, don't make those items crafted if they want to control the rate of entry. Making them crafted, then nerfing our abilities is stupid.
    Kraeref, Plinc, Sambril and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ainaree Well-Known Member

It's really best if you don't consider this a TS item.

They wanted to uniquely implement a raid-essential item by making it have exclusive components. The recipe comes from HM Gen'ra and has 7 charges, the three components come from extremely difficult instances, etc. It's a raid quest. It's not your garden variety TS component. Just ... it's not the normal Tradeskill item. It's a raider item.

You're acting like they're purposefully slighting you because they designed a raid item this way. It's not. :/
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

No, I'm just suggesting that in the future, if they want to make unique, rare items that don't react to tradeskill prestige points, then they should not make them tradeskill items. A 7 charge clicky item that magically combines the required items would work just as well and not require the adjustment of tradeskill abilities.
    Mermut likes this.
  17. Chronus Active Member

Why make a complicated new thing when tradeskilling is already in place though? I feel like some crafters feel the need to be able to craft everything and have everything be able to effect it for no particular reason.
    Lempo likes this.
  18. Mae- Well-Known Member

Why does it have to be a "complicated new thing"? It's not like they don't already have clickies in the game that use items in your inventory to create other items. I'm just trying to find a solution that allows raiders to have their "cool items" attained through achievements without having to nerf a tradeskillers ability. I already said I don't care about being able to make it, so I fail to see how I'm acting like i want to make everything.
  19. Chronus Active Member

Wouldn't making it not crafted at all be a bigger nerf to a tradeskiller's ability?
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

No, since it's not something 99% of crafters will every be able to make anyway, despite having the recipe living in their recipe book.
    Mae- likes this.