The Hole: Spirit's Resonance

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Grouse, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Grouse Active Member

Much like the Persona Window question, I have another failure of memory. This one is related to A Water Lord in Spirit's Resonance. I had zero problems with Al'tuur the Handyman, but I cannot remember how to stop the Water Lord from spawning wave upon wave of bubbles... He's not attackable, so there must be a trick somewhere that I have forgot. Unfortunately, Google hasn't helped as most of the old discussions no longer exist. Heck the wiki doesn't even mention him.

Clues and outright spoilers welcomed.
  2. Grouse Active Member

Hmm... No resonses so far. The Water Lord shall remain undefeated.

Today I went back in on a different ALT, who also needs In Search of Lucan. Only, this time, I simply skipped Al'tuur the Handyman and went on to the others.

I ran into another example of "different behavior". Nortlav the Scalekeeper Every strategy talks about adds (books). However, while I am typing this, my Merc is beating on him. Unfortunately, every time we get him down to 50% he heals to full. I do not remember that behavior from previous encounters and don't find any mention of it anywhere. Is it possible that the zone got some type of "update" at some point?

The zone was BLUE to my character, so he was getting really nice EXP. I hated to leave the zone uncompleted, as I like collecting achievements.
  3. Remma New Member

Not sure about the water lord but if you have a look here you might find a few pointers

I tried Nortlav a while back there and if memory serves he is impossible to MOLO due to the way his script works. You are supposed to get knocked out of your body and have to kill the books which just does not happen with a Merc.

In the end I had to two box an alt in there and it worked, still a PITA though
    Nockturnal and Grouse like this.
  4. Grouse Active Member

> which just does not happen with a Merc.
    That makes sense. I'll lean on what few guild members are left to make that journey.

I was probably two-boxing when Grouse and the other alts did these quests, but that second machine has been gone a long time. I wish the policies would allow running a VM on my MacBook laptop. I could go back to two boxing for this type of thing. I also have a couple of alts who are stuck on harvesting special roots in that area, because you need two people to click on the "two ends" of the roots to prevent them from escaping.
  5. Asaroso New Member

Did you ever kill the "A water lord"?
  6. Grouse Active Member

Never went back ... Sorry
  7. Grouse Active Member

Well -- To bring up an OLD, unanswered question. Has anyone ever figured out what to do with the Water Lord? Those stupid water droplets followed me all the way to the observatory! I ended the battle by running to the entrance and zoning out.

I will try again tomorrow by ignoring Al'tuur the Handyman.
  8. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

From the wiki
    • Normal heroic adds will spawn periodically throughout the fight.
    • Mob will heal if not DPS'd down fast enough when he's under 25%. So save your cooldowns until then.
    • Killing the mystical droplets will heal the mob. Focus on the main named only.
    • Easy fight.
  9. Grouse Active Member

That describes Al'tuur the Handyman. Unfortunately, the Water Lord is not attackable -- He just calls the droplets, over and over again. I must have killed a couple of dozen waves before I zoned out.
  10. Grouse Active Member

Well, I let the instance age and canceled that dungeon instance.
    When I went back in I skipped Al'tuur the Handyman, as I had already been credited with him in the previous run.

After that, everything went like clockwork.

I just wish I could discover the trick to make The Water Lord attackable.
  11. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Excuse me, if I may interject:

For as many times as I rinsed & repeated in the past all three versions of The Hole in search of complete armor/weapon sets for the Regional Armor & Weapon Museum on Maj'Dul, I do not recall ever seeing A Water Lord.
    So I made it a point to mentor to 85 and venture back into The Hole: Spirit's Resonance this morning.

Again, nothing named A Water Lord.

The problem detailed has a feel of a quest step that is needed to be completed.
    i.e. right-click beasty and perform "x" action, at specific time, only during full moon, while having stack of Batwing Crunchies in inventory, etc.

Exactly which quest are you on that details your need to interact with A Water Lord?
  12. Grouse Active Member

No apologies needed. I've done the series many times and only ran into him twice that I remember.

The quest that brought me there was The Footsteps of Dartain: Emergence. The "A Water Lord" appeared while I was in the water near Al'tuur the Handyman. Being in the water might be what makes the difference. Most of my ALTS used ranged attacks to take out the handyman while standing back near the exit.

Back in 2016, it may have been Grouse the Berserker, who loves getting in close and smashing stuff. This time it was Equoria the Wizard, who was chasing down a shiny on the wall next to the Handyman, before attacking him.

Shinys always come first... :)

I'll have to run through there a couple of times, after I complete my current run through the Hole, to see if I can intentionally trigger his appearance.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Did you work out what to do with him? I gave up because I got sick of the water blobs following me through the zone ...
    The only thing I can think it might be is that we didn't follow a script? I can't remember if the mob here is scripted or not, but maybe?

[IMG]
  14. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I had no problems with Water Lord. It is always attackable and it always dies fast even if it summons some blobs or something.
    I guess you need a bit better equipment, merc, level, abilities, spells, etc...
    Ignore adds, come close to it and DPS it as fast as you can.

Nortlav is another story though...
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

He DID NOT become attackable for me. My gear couldn't be much better, I'm lvl 110 mentored down.

Apart from that I think you're thinking of Al'tuur the Handyman who is in the same spot. The Water Lord is not even listed as a named in the zone.

You can see in the image I posted that one of my spells hit a blob for over a billion dps. I'm pretty sure that's enough dps to one shot any mob in the zone.

I honestly think it's because we killed the named too fast, and the Water Lord just didn't despawn when he (Al'tuur) died.
  16. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Isn't it a non-scaled level 90 zone?
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I mentored down to 90. I don't see what that has to do with it.
    Did you actually read the whole thread? The mob is not attackable.
    [IMG]
  18. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It seems like I am missing something. I'm level 90 and I've been in Spirit Resounance a dozen of times, but only Nortlav was someone worth remembering in there. Any other boss including the one in the pool was only a challenge for me when I was level 80. At level 90 it dies in seconds. I don't remember the boss name though. I haven't see anyone non-attackable in the pool if that's what you mean.

On the screenshot I see that this Water Lord is taking like millions of damage. So, I suppose you are not discussing the regular The Hope: Spirit Resonance zone with regular monsters and bosses, but either some special instance of it or some special quest branch for high level players or something like this. Please ignore my posts in such case. Was hoping to help you with little bits of my experience. Having completed more than 6000 quests in Norrath makes my memory really full :)
  19. Argosunited Well-Known Member

It is the regular one. I think it's because we killed the named too quickly for the script to work. I remember the instance when it was new and the water named was quite hard.
    The Water Lord summons the water globs to heal the actual named in the water. I think it just keeps summoning them because it doesn't register we killed it.

It's a bug and it's incredibly annoying.
  20. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I think I understand it now. I haven't run into this bug myself... so far... :)
    I suppose I was ignoring adds, Water Lord or anything else while killing the named boss in the heat of the battle.
    Argosunited likes this.