The Hoke House aka The Twilight Movie house by Jexi@Freeport

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jexi, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Jexi Well-Known Member

This is my first project of 2013. I had this house planned in the works for years, but lacking a bare space to build upon and short some colors, I had scrapped the idea a few times. I wanted to try to accurately portray the house featured in the Twilight movie. Over 40 photos were used, a rough blueprint, & Google Street View to try for some accuracy. It is not entirely accurate because of the item count, but I got the basic structure in and a bit of the decor. The home is open to the public published under "The Twilight House by Jexi" under Massive homes.

These are only a few screenshots as this home crashed me out several times. The full item count is 1100 plus almost maxed book item count for the balcony with 900+ books.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

This home took almost 6 months to complete. Thank you for viewing my work. :)
    Charlice and Catri The Dark like this.
  2. Angelieque Furia Active Member

Stunning! This is a phenomenal peice of work! You must have so much patience!
  3. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

very modern! :D
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

WOAH. Twilight is a guilty pleasure of mine. :D This is stunning. I absolutely love the detailed touches of the cross and graduation cap art (and, of course, the piano).
    NefariaDarksoul likes this.
  5. Afista Well-Known Member

L-O-V-E it! You did a fabulous job on the movie version of this house! I'd love to re-do the dated book version of the Twilight house I did a couple of years ago because now it's pretty sub-standard with new building materials available. It's a shame about the item count because I'd love to see this furnished, but it's still amazing!
    NefariaDarksoul likes this.
  6. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Absolutely outstanding job Jexi !
  7. Buggabug Active Member

Holy WOW! That is awesome!
  8. Riffy New Member

Incredible job Jexi !

/wave

Riffy
  9. Jexi Well-Known Member

Yep, more decor would have been better. I had already thrown out the idea after the first Twilight movie came out because it wasn't working. I started the project in early 2009 on Antonia Bayle and was really having trouble. A few months later I was struggling with trying to replicate the Hoke house from the interior of a Qeynos 5 room. That wasn't working. If I ever managed to finish that one, it would have never had any exterior because I was making it from a view looking from the inside out to the forest. It wasn't until Tinkerfest that I finally had enough block colors to go ahead with this project. I had glass doors on the home and had to remove all but one due to item count. I am just lucky I got the whole house in and a few pieces of furniture as it is. LOL
    Afista likes this.
  10. Kisy Active Member

This is amazingly acurate... there are small things, and if you had the item count for the decor, it would have been so fun to decorate!!!!... however considering you didn't, I still think this is an amazing how and without a doubt..... truely inspirational.

DARN ITEM COUNT!!
  11. Lndi Member

This is so amazing, What talent you have. I am truely inspired to learn the editor further than just new from dif now. Wonderful idea and carried out so accurately. Love this House.
  12. Jexi Well-Known Member

The trickiest part of this home was the end with the angled bit. I had to learn to use the "rotate around a point" section. I crafted the whole end straight then when it was ready, I rotated all those pieces 15 degrees to get that odd jutting shape the real home has.

It also took about 10 minutes to get the full home rotated and moved by the portal because it was facing the other way (the editor doesn't like moving 2,000 objects) . I had intended to include the road as well, the whole forest & all the interior decor, but it didn't happen. The item count strikes again. hehe
  13. Galldora Well-Known Member

Wow, Jexi, this is so nicely done. I'm not sure if I'm inspired, or if I'm just convinced it's time to take my blocks and go home now. (JK...I always find your work to be highly inspirational. Like that stairway. I'm not jealous, not really. Well, OK, I'm REALLY JEALOUS OF THAT STAIRWAY!)

I'd love to see this property with the addition of several hundred item count. The way it is now, I experienced no lag whatsoever during my visit.

BTW, I don't know how you managed to rotate the place. I tried rotating one of my houses, and I ended up with A BIG MESS, LOL!
  14. Jexi Well-Known Member

Thanks, Galldora. Great to see you again. I am glad you like it. I had the aspirin bottle on standby with this project. LOL! The house was rotated using rotate around a point. I basically just saved my "with" file and opened that. Then I highlighted EVERYTHING in the whole list, and rotated it 90 degrees. It took an awful long time to wait for the pieces to do their changes in the layout editor, and also a long time waiting for the house to rebuild itself in the new location. I only realized it would work after rotating other large sections when I was first building it. This house really should have more windows in the back and also 2 bathrooms and some other bedrooms, but there certainly wasn't the space for that. I did what I could, and all I had hoped for was the actual structure be finished. I am glad I could finally present what I spent years of planning. My old abandoned attempt at this home still stands on the AB server. I tried to make this Twilight house inside a 5 room Qeynos layout in 2009 with fake glass windows and a tree skyline outside it. I gave up on that a few years ago. If you wanna see the corner piece I made on AB you can, but its awful.
  15. GamerGirl Guest

Not a Twilight fan, but I love this house! Wish we had more item count.