The Guild Recruiting Window Demystified

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Jun 11, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Druid03 Guest

sirmamabear wrote:
    this would never work, unless they fix eq2players.com

eq2players.com never workd and probably never will

now if eq2players updated its data correctly and faster than it does now (and was free) it would be the best and easiest way to search for a guild, having in-game browsers and all
  2. ARCHIVED-Druid03 Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    i dont think i've ever seen 40 guilds on the GRT, i havent counted them in a while but im going to guess its around 20 guilds atm
  3. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Pusska@Permafrost wrote:
    It looks like that current implementation of the Guild Recruiting Window on live servers requires that the recruiter not only be online, but NOT be AFK in order for the guild to show up. (Yes, a little strict, I know) So when checking to see if you show up in the list, make sure you have a recruiter online and not AFK. Let me know if you still don't show up in the list and the list is not capped at 40 entries.
  4. ARCHIVED-Arseni Guest

While I haven't had much time to experience this system, the times that I was looking for a guild it really helped! I think this is a wonderful feature :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    2 recruiters online. Both have the Recruiting For Guild box checked off. Neither are AFK. 25 guilds listed in the window. Ours still isn't showing up.
  6. ARCHIVED-PsychoKitty Guest

Yes I discovered that afk recruiters removes us from the list entirely during these experiments. But just to reiterate ... The guild list was capped at 23 and we were not listed (when we normally are, so I know the settings are correct) and I was most certainly not afk - I double checked at the time :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    By strict you mean what?
    [IMG]
    See the two top guilds on this list? Yah....not recruiting...but because their recruiters are on line and they have a lot of members...they take up two spots that could go to guilds that are well....a bit more diserving...
    Rothgar....I seriously think you need to take a larger look at this rather than telling us 'this is why this happens' approach. I don't want any more stupid work arounds. Make this thing work the way it should of 3 years ago or just get rid of it...
    If it doesn't help ALL players and ALL guilds on EVERY server...then it is not a useful tool in the slightest...
  8. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    Why do you assume that just because I explain how its working now that we aren't or won't make changes to it in the near future? I think quite a few people like having the inner-workings of something explained, especially when its something as cryptic as the recruiting window. This doesn't mean we won't work to improve it. If you've been around the game awhile you should know that we generally don't talk about what we're releasing too far in advance due to the possibility of last-minute changes. But sometimes if you read the dev posts closely and read between the lines you might pick up some hints here and there.

Ives, you said "Both have the Recruiting For Guild box checked off."

If you want to show up in the recruiting window they will need to have their recruiting for guild check box "checked on".
  9. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Right, poorly worded due to posting on the fly. I did mean they were ON. Little checkmark in the box.
  10. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    That pic is not the fault of the guild recruitment tool, but rather of the guilds that are in it while recruitment is closed.
    This is the most extreme definition of usefulness in terms of an in game addition I have ever seen.
    Name me one single part of the game that is as large as the guild recruitment tool, and that is useful to every single player.
    if it helps one single player, on one server, then it is useful. Maybe not to you, but it is to that player.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mordraeth Guest

Rothgar - just wanted to post that I wasn't AFK the other day when I checked to see if we were listed (posted as Mordraeth then).
    Thanks for looking into this, hopefully you're able to track down the issue.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Noaani wrote:
    hrm...a couple useful tools you say? Lets start with the Broker window...and why not the LFG tool as well...
  13. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Don't get defensive...I just think rather than give explanations for current issues, why not tell us how your going to remedy it. What plans do you have. No need to be criptic about something like this...
  14. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Just a 'report' from a small guild in case its useful.
    Blackburrow server. Small guild, level 24. 2 recruiters online, noone afk. 14 guilds showing in the guild window. No sign of us in there.
    Shaun
  15. ARCHIVED-Freliant Guest

shaunfletcher wrote:
    Who were you doing the search with. As I understand it, it shows the best guilds that are recruiting for the level range you are at. So if you log in your level 20 char, you should not see the level 80 mostly guilds, but instead guilds with an average level around what you have logged in.
    Some people seem to forget this point, and when their guilds have alot of players of various levels bringing down the average level of the guild to say, 30, then when a level 80 logs in from that same guild and does a search to see where they stand in the recruitment windows, they don't see their guild, but instead all the level 80 raiding guilds that are just exhibiting their guild...
  16. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Freliant wrote:
    When I've done my checks, it is with a character of some middle level that is unguilded (I actually do have unguilded alts, one of them I had been actively looking for a guild home for her). But you don't need to be unguilded to see the listings, you can go to the recruitment management page of the guild UI and click on the -small- shield icon in the bottom corner.

A level 35ish will see the -same- guilds displayed (and in the same order) as a level 80. The level weighting does not work. The "caps at 40" does not work.
  17. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

While I personally think the guild tool is fine "as is", I can udnerstand the frustration of the smaller guilds. When we started out, the largest guild on AB had like 300 members, it was easier to grow. Now, there is fiercer competition for new members and large guilds (my own obviosuly included) do have the advantage.
    So whats the solution? Simple - add some filters to the search window. Let the player look for the type he is looking for. "Filter Guilds with between 1-10 members " or "guilds with 500+ members" . Have it default to the current system still rewards the most active guilds - it SHOULD. But have those who want to see the smaller guilds be able to. Alternatively - simply list every guild with a recruiter online.
  18. ARCHIVED-Taliasa Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    I noticed this as well while on my alt that leads a small guild. Same listing, 25 guilds listed, mine wasn't one of them. Top two closed to recruiting, yet showing up.
  19. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I've been checking the recuiting list during play time for the past week and things I have noticed on Nek server....the MOST listed have been 27 guilds....no way near 40, and sometimes only 14 listed...and mine wasn't one of the 14. Why is the recuitment window not showing a full 40? A lot more small guilds would then have some presents if the full 40 were implemented. There is a big need for filters.
  20. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Why the 40 limit (We could use a next pages buton to avoid scrolling on 100 guilds)

Indication of the number of on line people could be added