The Fable of 'The Soulmover'

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-VizP, Mar 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

I shall begin making notes on this parchment so that my tale can be told - told as I saw it, as I experienced it so none can dispute the truth behind the events that led to.. well led to whatever fate has in store for myself, those that come across my path and Norrath itself. It seems it is easy to judge another but very difficult for many to simply see through the eyes of the individual they are happy to accuse.

I am Silthian - and when you read this, I hope the prophecy came true and I did indeed not only 'move mountains' but 'souls' - this is what that Soothsayer Tabina said a few hours before I left Qeynos and there was a look in her eyes. It was of one that had actually seen and also feared what would come - she did not seem proud of what she had observed but rather confused and almost pleased to see the back of me.

It all started on that isle - I was born in the time of the Rending, a true elven child of war and devastation... my family was constantly on the move trying to survive during the time of change. I try not to remember much of this period but I do know that my heart ached to see Felwithe and the elven lands... but after the Shattering little was known of what still stood outside Tunaria. yes I will refer to Antonica as Tunaria throughout my journals - I will not let some brute barbarian rename Her lands so easily. My family discovered we would be able to gain passage to the Isle of Refuge and then hopefulyl onto Qeynos where we had heard much of the human Antonia Bayle and the freedom given to all in the city. Unforunately there was little room on the next ship and my family forced me to go first - the eldest son and perhaps the most adept at taking on the challenges that would be present. I knew I would see them again - I had begun training the arts of spiritualism with many of my ancestors being mystics. And when the ghosts of those gone are there to guide you, it does not take long to find those you want through their aid. No, I know Ill see them again.

However our ship was set upon by bandits - a frantic battle and walls of flame.. soon we were in the water waiting for it to consume us but were rescued by other ship heading to the isle. A few chores to help out and then I was there.. a solace amongst a land of Turmoil. Well a solace of sorts.. goblins were ravaging the outpost on the isle led by an orc pirate who wished to profit from his power. I ended that along with others that had landed there.. and then I started noticing...

Well it began during the goblin slaughter outside the barracades. I had begun to kill those that were making suicidal runs to the fort when I realised how beautiful the energy was arching from the heavens and through my body. Bolt after bolt, they fell and my eyes rolled upwards in ecstacy - if one could embrace more of this celestial power, imagine what one could do. I destroyed more than five hundred of the snivelling creatures before I felt content.. and at the same time I wished for more.

I arrived at Qeynos soon after, better equipped after learning to tailor my own armour and even beginning scribing spells that had aided in the annhiation of many of the goblins there. The city was beautiful.. however I am sure it does not compare to the Koada'dal cities on Faydwer which must wait for our return. In fact a strange thing did occur on the journey to Qeynos -- I noticed a strange blue egg floating in the waters as we sailed through and I scooped it up - to discover it was a dragon egg of all things. It later hatched in my new home in the city.. I named the little dragon Nightshine after the moonlight that had caught its egg during the journey. It is very drawn to me and I to it - it was my only companion here but I know he will always be loyal.

Anyway - I discovered I would not be content in Qeynos soon after.. it all began after I met two companions that seemed to share much with me. One was another of my kind who was very keen with the magical arts and could summon this rather large beetle to do his bidding, and another was a Kerra who was graceful and formidable in hand to hand combat. Alongside them I explored the Tunarian hills and performed many small quests for the people of Qeynos and others outside, exploring the history of the lands and the people. It was here that my advencement let to my quest to become a shaman - one who would work with and follow the guide of the spirits of those past. Yes I was following the path of those before me.

I was to fell three unhappy souls in a house in the centre of Qeynos and when I went there, I attempted to talk to the spirits but they attacked me and i removed them from this mortal coil to the peace they sought. Yes a fourth spirit came to be - an elven one. He told me he was an ancestor of mine... one that had been executed for persuing mystical arts that had been forbidden.. and that he had long searched for one of his descendants that had the mental fortitude and the passion to continue his work. I told him that I did not wish to follow any art that would shame my family but he seemed saddened by my words and he reached over to touch me.

So many memories.. I saw through his eyes, his work.. his persecution. He had discovered the essence of the spirits themselves and drawn energies from them - those silvery strands wrapping around his fingers, that raw energy his to command. And then they discovered him and called him a 'defiler' - asked him how one of such reputation and such knowledge could fall so low. He begged them to understand his work and the possibilites but they did not and convicted him of some of the worst crimes in mysticism. And his flame was estinguished.

His work.. I saw the beauty of the spirits at his fingertips - the restrictions of needing their permission when the spirits themselves had little idea of the forces that composed them. I could do great work with this yet i knew that persuing this avenue would lead to many problems.

I returned to the teacher and indicated I had completed my task and he showed me the shamanistic path. Soon afterwards I began to investigate the teachings of the mystics in Qeynos and found many restrictions in place, books missing in the libraries, forbidden texts indicated in the rules. Then his spirit called to me again.. told me that Freeport guilds did not restrict us so. Why does Antonia restrict our freedom to learn.. to enjoy knowledge? What does that human think she is?

I lived with frogloks - this is the sort of mockery Antonia makes of the place. Perhaps she though I would be content staring at her ample cleavage and sit dreamy eyed within the walls of Qeynos. But I could not - although I did not believe any promises the Overlord of Freeport was giving, knowledge is all I sought and it would be found there

-----
    It was a broken down inn on the docks where I found a human on the third floor who also seemed to want to go to Freeport. He told me to meet his companion to discover more and when I sought him out, he told me there would be a chance to profit before we left Qeynos. One of Antonia's guards had a precious item and he asked me to eliminate her so we could share in the reward. I agreed but only out of curiosity - I could subdue the guard without killing her, there was no question of this. But if this slimy human could use his magic to teleport me into Antonia's chambers, I could learn more of this woman's plans. So in truth I was using him, or so I thought.

However as soon as i arrived in a burst of magic I knew somethign was wrong. I was attacked by guards at the foot of the stairs leading to her chambers thinking I was an assassin and I had no choice but to estinguish their flames. No sooner did they fall and another came.. a knight who was more formidable but could not survive my magics. And behind him the stairs to Antonia's chambers...

It was a trap. Both those sniveling creatures were there as was Antonia, her jailor and an assortment of guards. Those two had backstabbed me to gain her favour and she thought I had been her assassin and was enraged I had killed the knight whos he had seen as a father figure. I tried to tell her the truth but the human did not listen. Did not listen to a Koada'dal - this was the extent of her arrogance.

The jailor knocked me unconcious but I awoke not in a jail cell but on a beach staring into the snout of a giant rat.. one of those ratonga creatures that had crawled out of the cracks of th floor during the Rending. Apparently Freeport also believed the story that I had attempted to assassinate Antonia and held me a hero.. and now I remained here rescued and that jailor dead, poisoned by this rats blade.

His master would help me gain citizenship in Freeport and a home if I performed tasks for him but I would need to travel to the commonlands for this. It was a dangerous journey.. first by griffon, then through rolling mountains and then through the cursed Tier'dal Nektulos Forest which seemed a living nightmare that I will continue to run through in my dreams. Arrival in the Commonlands - dark gloomy clouds, stinging rain and the looming citadel of the Overseer himself in the distance over Freeport. I now set upon the tasks he gives me so I can begin my story as it will be told.

----
    She has said to me: 'Your spirit is strong as is your faith. You shall move more than mountains, you shall move souls'. While I will live in the city of Freeport, like many of its citizens, my true allegiance is to myself. I wish to learn the powers that were robbed from my ancestor by my closed minded people, I wish to meet my family again when it is permitted and I wish to see the elven lands. Only this time they will not persecute me, they will see the beauty of the art that my ancestor failed to convey. It is not a question of good and evil - such things do not exist.. only actions, reactions and matters of perspective. It is a question of morality, of personal decisions and dignity.

They may call me a 'defiler' but that I am not. I am one with my own destiny in my hands. And I do it for Tunare - if nature did not intend it, it simply would not be possible. And I know our Mother will understand. I will write again soon from my home in Freeport. I freed Nightshine before I left and I know he knows some basic flight and may be able to follow some mystical trails I have left that his dragonsenses sould be able to pick up. I hope he makes it to my home - his light will continue to shine my way in this place of darkness.

-Silthian, of Tunare
    -----

*as you look at the parchment, a memory seems to flow into your mind magically from the paper as if imbedded there by its writer. It shows the writer sitting on the edge of a stream near a waterfall in quiet contemplation - perhaps on that isle at the start of his journey*.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

I am wondering if I am made a mistake - the cost to wander along this crooked deserted path that seems to lead down.. into the darkness. No - surely, my doubts will be estinguished when I will have full control and mastery of the energies of those long gone and my actions will speak louder than any words on this page. Still - I am now a murderer and I have broken hearts... all for the siegemaster so he would permit me entry into Freeport to continue my studies. Yet some of his words makes me wonder if I was really dealing with just another human - it seems he himself is a legend that few believe exists, yet I have seen him with my own eyes. Was he simply a shadow of my inner being pushing me onwards to my destiny? Or a demon tempting me with a dark pact that would lead to my destruction?

No - I am stronger than that, I would have realised if there was trickery involved. He was a guide and now I am embracing my destiny. Freeport is very different from Qeynos, the atmosphere is relentless and the stench putrid with troll flesh and ratonga droppings. At the same time there is a tangible crackle of power drifting from all sides whether it is the temple itself or the arcane tower. Yes my room is a small closet although I am sure that will change soon but everything in this world has to be earned and I intend to do so.

I have learned much of the orcs that trouble Freeport - of their society and even thelir language. Of course the blood of countless numbers of their kind is on my hands but I am proud for they were a menace and needed to be shown the error of their ways. I believe they still not have learned their lesson but the tales of the 'Hunter' that ravaged their kind will be told for years to come.

As for my training in spirtualism, I was sent to a troll woman although her name escapes me at this time - she was to guide me but I should have known such a beast would never be able to do so. After running an investigation for her into the orc tribe inhabiting the nearby Wailing Caves, she simply indicated to me that she could teach me little since I had a natural talent for utilising the powers of those long gone. Of course I had known that - my ancestor remained close by watching and observing... still this troll did have some talent in the field although obviously not anywhere near what I would accomplish.

Now I sit in my home contemplating my next step - perhaps I will return back to the Tunarian Hills and continue exploring them as I learn more of the spirtual ways. Many raise eyebrows to my presence in Freeport but I have seen other Koada'dal here with the same mindset. And even Nightshine has joined me, his evening flight successful and the stone floor of my room welcoming his midnight blue scales.

---
    *as you read the parchment, an image begins to form in your mind... you see the writer now standing next to a female troll beneath a very large tree. He looks different, his armour darker and an arrogant expression on his face as he looks away from her*

[IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

It was never a matter of simplicity but I had never imagined it would become just this much of a sticky web so early. I am barely in my twenty-sixth season, my arts bending to my will as I become more and more adept at the many spells techniques at my disposal. And yet I see many opportunities ahead of me, some seem almost predestined.

An example of this was the strange woman in that cursed Nektulos Forest - she passed me a strange flesh bound book determined that I would follow the course of events she knew were to occur. The future is in my hands - I will shape what is to come, there is no question of this.

It also seems that many places seem to need my 'attention' - from the Paladin stronghold of Stormhold to the Fallen Gate near Freeport... so many trapped souls in anguish forced to repeat events and live in torment until they are freed from this coil.

I want you to know now that I am not the monster you may imagine I am by the time you read this - I pick those souls that I deem the lowest of the low and fit for nothing more than oblivion at my hands. I hold no love for the halflings trapped in Nektulos but I do have great respect for their courage in attempting the attack along with the Kithicor rangers. I see their ghosts and I see the fear in their eyes - they do not deserve anything less than freedom from these realms and I am attempting to grant them this solace as well as those fier'dal rangers that protected them during the placing of the gnomish explosives.

As for the tier'dal souls - yes I am rendering them into their basic strands for my use... these people attacked my kingdom, a cowardly unexpected attack out of the blue. Their people know nothing more than the hate that their Father showed them after corrupting our royalty...

And yet I have met some in Freeport that I can identify with.. only in the basic sense of ambition and pride. No matter how wretched their race, they continue to have pride and they believe in themselves and no one can take this away from them.

I don't understand how people can judge so easily yet live by their own codes that seem to infridge these same aspects. A Paladin and a Templar can judge quite easily who has commited 'evil' and take their lives away at a snap of their fingers, yet I can't place the same judgement on souls and condemn those for my use? Perhaps if I used these energies for darkness you could say I was a beast but if used them to free my people, save innocents, you would rather I let those evil souls plague the lands?

Yet people call me a 'defiler' A 'defiler' of evil souls that could be placed to great use in our shattered land... who has the right to place a line between death and life in this way?

Enough lecturing - if things ended the way they were supposed to, I redeemed myself and those that insulted me and attacked me in these times will see the fools. Recently I ran into an old 'friend' from Qeynos who had known me in my shamanistic days. He called me a monster and told me I was cursed the same was as others before me had.. he named two Fier'dal and Koada'dal of legends that had fallen to the dark temptations. I know not of these Koada'dal but he was foolish enough to imply the wood cousin had a greater mastery of the spiritual realms than my kind. I told him how absurd this was and that he had more to worry about than me - I learned later he was a bastard half human-tier'dal blood. Do you see what I have had to live with?

Either way - I am finding myself rise in position in this place.. I recently acquired a room in the Jade Tiger Inn in North Freeport... more spacious and it has a view of the Overlord's floating home. I don't bow to him - the truth is none of us of except the beastly ogres and trolls that know nothing better. I get the feeling Lucan knows this but he knows he uses us as much as we use him - when he holds mastery over it all, we will all go our seperate ways. Unlike Antonia, we will all benefit but under her all races will remain the same.

I don't understand how the Koada'dal could have fallen so far as to live alongside the lesser races and be happy to be treated equally by a human. What will those back in Felwithe think when they hear of her actions? A human female placing the same weight on an ogre that has come to Qeynos and a Koada'dal? How is this right?! We shall see what the future holds for Antonia Bayle - still I do have a statue of her in my room in Freeport. It has her voice imprinted in it and some of her words make me laugh during those dark rain-filled days.

----
    In Freeport I continue to attempt to learn of the undead that plague our lands - recently I learned more of the zombies that fester within the Fallen Gate and now hopefully will be able to master the lore beind the spirits and the skeletons. I visited their main tower of arcane arts and it is a wonderful collection of knowledge and will be a sanctuary for me for some time.

What else.. ah... the plague. Well it looks like a plague but of a magical origin and seems to be sweeping the lands affecting both Qeynos and Freeport - I will be investigating this as well as furthering my own studies of my mystic arts and the land around us. To this end I have employed a certain individual as.. well a hired muscle. I am tired of having to deal with those far below me every day and now for a few coin, my employee will do it for. His name is Skirassi, an iksar who seems very adept at extracting and gathering information. I believe he used to be a bandit before his reptuation spread for his skills and toughness and to be honest, I do not look down on him for this. The time of rending and shattering left many of us desperate and yes, praying on the innocent is a poor thing to do but for the Iksar it would have been even worse considering just what they think of themselves.

The Iksar.. now this is a race I knew little about but from what I gather have a very rich history. I am particularity surprised by their interpretation of the dark god Cazik-Thule who they actually attribute positive traits to. I do not trust the Iksar as a race nor Skirassi but this is the best way - it will keep us both on our toes. He knows where I live and could break in and rob me blind at any time but he seems to realise that by working for me, it will lead him to far better things and I do not mind this if he has proved loyal. He seems very intelligent.. those cold calculating eyes and that reptile face hides the soul of a creature with an abundance of pride and ambition. The amusing part is when he met Moonshine at my home when I called him to brief him on what I wanted of him - the Iksar's eyes seem to light up and indicated a great fondness for the little dragon, who in turn seemed to take to Skirassi quickly. Everyone has a heart - if one is only willing to look.

The wheels of time continue to turn... and I am ready for whatever is to come. I hope to see my family soon.. the spirits tell me what they still not have arrived on Tunaria but they are currently untroubled and this lifts a great burden off my shoulders. I do have Moonshine though and everytime I see his little face blink his joy at seeing me enter my home, it warms my heart. That little fellow is all I have at the moment but he is all I need - his strength grows per passing day as does mine. And one day he will stretch his glorious midnight wings and fly... and so will I.

*as you finish reading the entry, your mind is suddenly filled with a green light that is almost blinding. As it disperses, you realise it is the roof of a building - perhaps the one of arcane arts referred to earlier, its jade light falling on to the writer as he looks on at the many tomes of lore*

[IMG]

Message Edited by VizP on 04-04-2005 03:38 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

Horrid dreams - haunted souls and endless oozing voids... and they all end with a shrilling ear piercing scream. A young woman - I recognise her but when I wake, I no longer remember her nor her face. Just a great feeling of loss.

They started soon after I began to explore Nektulos Forest - the place is cursed with the memories of those long gone and the misery that has given it birth and one experiences this anguish whenever one travels along the dark winding path through its tall oaks. Even the trees shift and groan at your arrival, desperate to see you leave and perhaps even willing to assist in your departure.

It was the book, the flesh covered tome that prompted me to search this place. Hints of exploration, the writer having discovered something important, important enough to warrant a look even if it meant wandering through this place. Long abandoned ruins, some still rotting with the undead fill this place and there are horrible grinning goblins too littering the storming river, happy to savage you with their tightly tipped teeth.

The third day of exploring and the nightmares began back in Freeport. I would imagine I was back in Nektulos searching an area for signs that the writer has expressed in the tome. And then I would hear her footsteps.. running... I think towards me as if I was a haven for her in this place.

She would find me.. I see it, her dress awfully torn, cuts and bruises but those everglade eyes lighting up as they looked into mine. I would protect her endlessly and even in this midnight forest, I would be her beacon of light. And as she would touch my arm, the forests would melt away.. away to another place...

Beautiful ivory towers, elven construction no doubt with rainbow glass reflecting the sunlight to create a myriad of hues on the marble floor. We would sit there in the summer breeze, my head resting in her lap, her hand on my forehead. The time of Rending long gone, the time of peace upon us. Her fingers long slender and soft... warm and welcoming...

And then suddenly they would become sharp, scratching, clawing. The pain so sharp and severe, I would sit up and turn to her.. to it. An undead festering in the heat, disgusting repulsive to behold, it would grab my face and begin to mouth some words. I never fully remember what it said but it seemed to ask me 'why'.. why I...

No I don't remember the words, those croaking rasping words yet I recall the sharp snap of my neck as it broke it with immense force. But no, the scene shifts once more and I am running, magic coarsing through my body, the spirital energies long mastered, a powerful mystic in command of all those domains. And yet I run, from whom? I feel it, the incredible tension, my heart pumping a mile a minute as I realise I wouldn't be able to escape.. or is it get to my destination in time.

I fall and I feel an incredible heat envelope me, my ears burning, my body melting away.

And then I hear her scream. A scream of desperation, of fatality. Of finality.

I wake, sweat dripping off my body with the hot Freeport air in my lungs and the gentle crackle of the magic streaming around the Overlord's Keep high above. Memories, premonitions or otherwise, something was in motion now. And as is with these things.. there would likely be no turning back.

I yearn for her, I call for her... and it seems, I die for her.
    ----

As the last memories of those dreams fade away, you feel the writer looking over a balcony into Freeport at the magic strands wafting up to the floating citadel over Freeport, their gentle hum soothing and yet ominious at the same time.

[IMG]

Message Edited by VizP on 04-04-2005 04:07 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

'Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster yourself.and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you'.

I am afraid I can not tell you the origins of that advice but they certainly are wise words - Nektulos almost consumed me as I wandered those cursed woodlands reaching from my nightmare into reality and refusing to let me go. Even those that sought help within seemed enveloped by the darkness, one example being a young woman asking me to collect herbs to 'help' her mother only to find that she intended to create a poison to remove the old lady from this world. It was only when I looked into her eyes and saw that she spoke the truth that I wondered whether this place simply drained you of your lifeblood you until you became a part of it.

And within its centre - a pond containing the remains of a 'behemoth', now aptly named Behemoth Lake, this colossus had long perished and been torn apart by the inhabitants. It was said to have protected Nektulos once but one has to ask, just what was going to protect it from the woods themselves?

When I arrived back into Freeport, I had my first nights rest without those nightmares plaguing my mind as if their message had been conveyed and thus that imagery was no longer needed. It had now been replaced by the real 'plague' in full force, people wandering around with boils on their faces coughing and spluttering, spreading the infection to whomever strayed close. I was able to heal myself everytime I sensed the contagion entering my body but soon became tired of having to continue to combat it - there were far too many willing to attempt to infect me once more as soon as I strayed away from my home.

A shame - I seek to find the cure for whoever is behind this holds mastery over disease to a masterful degree but at present there are little signs of its source. Ratonga however seem unaffected and are simply 'carriers' perhaps due to their genetic backgrounds. The main reason I hired a Ratonga to change the inside foor and walls of my two room apartment to that of fine red maple wood and characteristically he overcharged me before scampering off into the nights. I doubt I will see him again and I am sure he knows what would happen if I spotted that snout of his in Freeport again.

Which reminds me - I found a companion for Nightshine... West Freeport has a 'hole' containing strays and creatures that have been picked up within the city but do not seem to have any discernible owner. The troll who owned the establishment was very quick at taking the lives of these creatures but passing by I noticed a little feline sitting on the table seconds away from such a fate. It noticed me walking by and as I looked into her eyes, that expression - took my breath away.

Felines... supernatural creatures through and through, there is something more to them. Those Kerrans have lost this trait but these cats still possess it - such beautiful arrogance and pride in the face of death, she looked at me studying me carefully, her strange intelligence probing into my soul.

I took her away from the troll before she could lower that death blade and as I did, the moonlight above seemed to fade away as it flickered onto the alleycat stealing our sight and leaving the darkness and silence. I called her Eclipse after that and she seems to have cemented a friendship with Moonshine. A midnight blue dragon and a greyish white alley cat. Now who would have thought?

You can't say I don't have a sense of humour either for I have found a new use for that talking Antonia statue. Now it sits next to a keg full of Freeport's finest Ale on a table and behind it a bright multicoloured picture of a knight. The picture is so crudely painted, it seems almost a parody of the valour and so called bravery instilled in the Qeynos mentality and now if one ever visits my home, you can enjoy listening to Antonia in a half drunken stupor while staring at that amusing knight above. If her words amused you before, I guarantee you would find them even more entertaining now!

But now I have left Freeport to try and find more about the plague and continue my investigations of the nearby areas - at Nektulos docks, I ran across a halfling talking about the Enchanted Isles which according to her was the remains of the halfling homelands and she could offer passage if I helped repair her boat called the 'Maid of the Mist'. I did so although I discovered from the little woman that the homelands were now infested with dark creatures some of which had made it into our isles. I discovered such a demon in the guise of one of the merchants on the docks and put it out of its misery, its soul adding to my reportioire.

Little did I know that the boat ride would not be as peaceful as I wished - they Fey creatures that now held sway over those lands did not allow boats to dock but we had one of their kind willing to signal our ship in. This was a favour after the sailors had previously saved her and others from attacks near the shores on a previous occasion. But it was a great test trying to protect her as our boat was attacked by what I can only call sea goblins and even a demon much like the one I had slain on the docks but much more powerful. The crew and other adventurers all worked together and we removed it from the mortal coil thus allowing us to safely arrived into the Enchanted lands.

What a change from the Commonlands and Nektulos... birdsong, radiant sunlight and innocent laughter. I shielded my eyes as I focussed looking on at the halflings on the docks but as I acquainted myself with the area I realised that these little creatures were holding out against many dangers that threatened their lands. Rivervale, their home town was ravaged by beasts and opportunistic bandits and goblins from the nearby caverns of Runnyeye had now slowly encroached upon them. Here they lay desperately clinging on to all they had....

Ah goblins... memories of my celestial thunderstorms and the mutilation of the ones on the Isle of Refuge slid into my thoughts. The hunter was upon them again and they would never know what hit them.
    -----

*as you finish reading the entry you feel a cold chin up your spine and suddenly your vision is changed so you are looking through the writer's eyes. Out into Nektulos forest and into the skeletal remains of that 'behemoth', its glory now something firmly in the past*
    [IMG]

Message Edited by VizP on 04-14-2005 04:08 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

The otherworld took me.

Months have passed yet for me it seems like only an hour or two - I had passed into the spirit world seeking answers, seeking the truth and it took me into its depths, the inky void surrounding me, those long twisted hands grabbing for me hoping to pull me into their tortured afterlives. I avoided them, flew past them onwards - seeking the truth.

I noticed no other presences, no other creature blessed with Tunare's life energies scattered across the lifeflows around the world - it was as if I was the only Koada'dal that dared to enter this far - one of her first daring to do the outlawed mysticism. Yet I knew I controlled it and it would not control me.

I broke out of it with renewed energy and determination - I would hone my powers and I would present it to my kind back in Fayder - if they had any sense they would learn from what I showed them. If they remained stubborn to the end, ignorance woudl take them just like it had taken all of my kind that followed the human wench Antonia Bayle.

Until then I would continue to find the souls trapped across the known lands to free them, learn from them and hone my art. The goblin dungeons of Runneye would find their 'hunter' entering their layer, the lost lands of Feerott would see me travel through the shattered land of ogres trying to find answers within those tropical forests and even the gnolls of Splitpaw would find this dark mystic embracing the power of their hero Harclave to return him to his throne.

My power rises. My destiny awaits.
  7. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Nice job VizP. An interesting perspective, in that it is all a narrative memory, recalling what has already passed.

I hope to read more.
  8. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

Thank you very much - the journals and roleplay has brought a lot to my gaming experience too and I am glad you are enjoying the read! Thank you for the kind words.

---------

His name was Harclave and his legend was set in stone - a young gnoll warrior lost from his people but showing great strength and resilience in an unknown land, the tale is told by storytellers in Splitpaw to all the young gnolls who sit and listen with awe. I know he was a powerful soul because I have felt his energies. In fact I did not look for him - instead he found me.

Perhaps it was because he saw that I was able to commune with spirits and thus he was able to use my ability for his own gain - perhaps he knew that I would allow it since the knowledge of his energy coarsing through my body would be so terribly useful that the exchange would be fair - I would gain his powers and free his resting place in Splitpaw from those that had taken it over and I in turn would understand my mystical arts more. And so I completed this killing many undead and savage creatures alike that had infested the caverns. Little did Harclave know that I had no intention of letting him go once it was done but to utilise his very life force for my own gain. He was of no use to anyone anymore but the possibilities if I was able to control...

No I must not think of it.. I failed. As soon as I sat back down on his throne, his 'kingdom' regained, he disappeared from my body like a wisp of smoke. I grabbed at it desperately, my mind focussing on barriers to prevent his soul escaping but he shrugged me off much like a man would a child. I have much to learn but this experience has not weakened me but strengthened my resolve. I tasted the power of the ancient souls and I know that my path is sealed.

They say I am a defiler yet this spirit 'chose' me. No I am not a 'defiler' - I do not disturb resting places... I only disturb those that are already disturbed. There is a difference there that the layman will never grasp but it is the most important difference in the world.

Enough of this though - you must tire of me relating my endless struggle to prove my dark mysticism is not as harrowing as people would make it out to be. I understand and I will write of other things now - there is a change coming in Freeport and the lands. The skies themselves seem to shatter with rain and storms falling upon the broken ground like never before. But with it comes light, the gloomy endlessness seeming to fade allowing the sun to streak across Freeport and the Commonlands.

The light has found us. It has found me again. I stand on the docks of Freeport looking out at the incoming boats deciding where I will venture next and determing which of the now seperated lands will be graced with my presence. Perhaps I will look into Rivervale - my work in the Enchanted Lands and Runnyeye have the goblins fleeing at the mention of my name but the halfling town of Rivervale lies shattered with an unknown darkness corrupted all that live there. I hold no love for halflings and find their kind quite bothersome yet seeing the resilience of the halfling souls in the Fallen Gate when trapped within alongside the Kithicor rangers has changed some of my views. They deserve my visit and I will see what needs to be.. done.
    Message Edited by VizP on 10-11-2005 02:57 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

*You almost miss the following entry - quickly scribbled on a piece of parchment, it was placed between two journal parchments which had previously been glued together. Year sof wear and tear and frayed the edges and weakened the glue... but clearly preveiously this note was intended to be hidden. The writing before and after this almost seems to have been written by a different hand*

----

Something is wrong - I.. I can see clearly for a moment - it is the Witches Night and I can feel the energy in the air around me....

There was a woman in Freeport - beautiful blonde cascading hair and those... those endless everglade green eyes. Captivating for a human, I was drawn to her. She seemed to expect me and when I drew near to her, she pulled me into a dark alleyway with surprising force. And she placed both her hands on my temples. Those soft soft hands.. the warmth....

I remembered. The laughter, the smiles... the real Silthian. What has happened to me - what happened to my dreams of helping the people, of making my family proud. The Mystic in White that would save What has happened to the playful side of me that used to make my sister laugh until she had to clutch their sides? Would they recognise me now?

I am back.. no... I am in the wrong city - how did I get here?

I was at my knees in front of this woman - I asked her name and she placed her finger to my lips. She said that the ghost of my ancestor was very powerful and the siegemaster was indeed not a mortal and had pulled me into his plans. But she would not let me go - that even though I was the soulmover, she would not let my soul be taken by another. She asked me to remember for as long as I could but if the memory faded and the darkness returned, to burn one candle for her in my room and leave it in a corner so that it remained out of view.

I asked her name but I do not remember it now. I asked her if she was the woman in my dreams and she told me she did not know... but our paths were tied and that I would one day know who she was. The day she would save me.

You tricked me great great.. grandfather... you are stealing my soul for your own gain - to finish your research you are doing the one thing that you have taught me. To use others for the greater good. And you believe that my soul and the real me are expendable as a vessel to bring the dark teachings back home.

You have made a mistake.. even if this fades, I will erase all of this from my mind except the one light this woman has asked me to leave. It will burn for me.

You will not have my soul but I will make sure you pay for what you have done to me. Remember who I am.. I have your blood and if there is one person that will put you in your place it is me.

I do not know what I will do in the next few months and years but I hope the read knows it was not the real me, not my mother's son, not Tunare's first and dearest. This woman I have met and in her eyes I know her. I think I love her.... I can't describe the sensation but it comes from within. She will save me and I will save the world from myself.

*as the words fade, you see the image of a young child running in a beautiful everglade far away with a younger sister. You see his elven mother and father looking on from a distance with a clearly evident pride. There is a faint green glow resonating around the memory and then suddenly they disappear and you see the image of a pair of striking green female eyes. As he blinks the images disappears although you are left with a sensation of having witnessed something... divine*

[IMG]

Message Edited by VizP on 12-04-2005 09:44 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

I can feel it happening - its starting.. my story is unfolding and I will be remembered one way or another. So many places - so many lives already touched....

From the ravenous jungles of the Feerott where a war continues between those that follow Cazik Thule to those that worship Rallos... to the sparkling icy keep of Permafrost and the towering giants that live there. From the mesmerising fires of Lavastorm and the cursed temple of the Lord of Flame to the nightmare known as the Obelisk of Lost Souls. I have been there all and I have made my presence known.

And there were dragons. I discovered a sage being attacked by drakota in a corner of Lavastorm and my companions and I saved him from this fearsome creature. The sage indicated to me that he did not know why he had been the target of the drakota but only Lord Nagafen had the power to send them. I immedately grabbed this opportunity to investiate the ancients - surely it was fate that I stumbled onto this event?! Lord Nagafen was known to precide deep within the mines known as Solusek's Eye and I braved its depths and found his 'magnifence'.

The plot thickened when I could not speak 'his' language and he refused to speak mine. I travelled back to the Oracle Tower in Antonica to find the Sage again (he called himself the Sage of Ages) and he explained that the draconic language was impossible to learn because the runes that hold the key to their form were lost lost and scattered. I told him I would find them and I did just that. He seemed terribly surprised and using the runes taught me the language of the dragons.

Back i went down into Nagafen's Lair and finally he conversed with me - only to tell me he had not sent the drakota. But my perseverence had impressed him and he would reward me if I resurrected his long dead wife Lady Vox. Resurrection and souls - my eyes sparkled as I stared up at his gigantic maw and I told him it would be done. I would need to gather the essences of a variety of specific drakota and use that to resurrect Lady Vox whose soul lay in Permafrost. But when I completed this task, I discovered that she could only remain in the land of the living temporarily because her egg had been stolen and it held the key to her life.

You may ask who had done this deed? The king of the Permafrost giants himself had decided to capture this prize! I believe he underestimated his Koada'dal and his companions because he fell to our might and the egg was in our grasp... almost.

So who did I spot walking into the chamber as we rushed in to grab the egg? The Sage of Ages who took the egg, assumed his true draconic form and then he disappeared.

I had been used. I Silthian had been used. My screams echoed through the icy castle and the giants there must have known then that their king had fallen and a new king was there to take his place. But I wished not the throne of these pitiful creatures, I wanted revenge on that arrogant arrogant creature. I returned to Nagafen and told him what had happened - he was just as enraged and told me I should kill the minions of this dragon known as Darathar and then find him and remove him from this mortal coil. I removed his servants and then found him... at the isle of refuge. Yes.. full circle, it ended where my story started and it would cement the start of the next stage of my life where I would move my souls. As was foretold.

Darathar fought hard and fled many times like a coward but he finally fell - yet once more I failed to capture his soul. I experienced just a small aspect of it and it was truly glorious and absorbing it, I still feel it coursing through my veins, However the egg was shattered in the fight... returning to Nagafen I learned how insidious this race is. Nagafen laughed at the fact I coudlnt complish my task of resurrecting Vox or even bringing the egg back but he told me he had many eggs and he had simply used me to ensure that all his eggs were accounted for. He let me keep the shards of the egg however and with it I was able to craft myself a weapon that was imbued with the power within. Along with the captured essence of Darathar's spirit my strength is now tenfold.

Stuill Nagafen will pay. If only he knew which Koada'dal he had attempted to make a mockery of.

I sit writing this in my home and while the memory enrages me, I am acutely aware of the flickering of a light beneath my feet under the table. A lantern has been placed there and I have no memory of when I did this and nor am I able to remove it. Everytime I do, I forget where I am and forget the action I am about to take. Its as if something or some part of me is preventing me from doing it.

I researched this and discovered casses of people repressing parts of themselves on purpose for protection... from themselves. Why would i fear myself? What has happened...

As I write this I am getting a terrible headache but I will continue to focus.. something has become forgotten, some sort of trickery is occuring. Someone is attempting to alter the story that will be told. I will not permit them....

It does not help that I have met a young lady - yes the fairer sex to always complicate matters. If this story has already completed perhaps you already know the part she will play - you likely know her name and her name may also be scribed in legend. Then mark this moment as the first time I scribe after realising that I am spellbound by this Fier'dal. Yes she is a wood elf and yes I think I am falling head over heels for her. Her eyes.. her touch.. her musical voice... I wanted the world and she is becoming it.

I will not mention her name for she may still live when this is read. But know you who reads this, if she has become enscribed into legend - a warning is written in this ancient parchment. If she has survived time and I am long gone, whoever dare threaten her life will experience my vengeance from the afterlife. If you have learned anything about me, you should fear me more then than you should when I lived. While I live however... no harm will come upon her. I am sure you will have become aware of what I did to those that attempted such.

Still on this matter...what is all of this?! Why is everything distracting me from my work? Perhaps its fate... but I pray she is not the woman in my dreams... for I feel so helpless when it is over as if I had failed her. When I am with her I am not as I am now.. I am another... one that cares for nothing except her. What if she takes me away from my work.. what if I never accomplish my task of learning the arts and presenting them to Felwithe?!

Yet I know when I am with her, I couldn't care less.. and I love every minute. I am a fool for love am I?

This is terribly worrying and I do not know what to do.. its as if I am breaking into two people....

My writing is becoming erratic, I know you can feel it. It does not have the pattern as before and it is because of all these factors. I remember she asked me of my family before and even of my heritage and at one point even about my long distant ancestors. I remembered my spiritual grandfather that guides my hand and suddenly I felt the headaches once more.

WHAT is this terrible light below my table?

(the writing below is illegible as if his hand had started to shake. In between the scribblings for jsut a few moments, you see the writing style that had appeared in the 'Witches Night' entry with broken words such as 'remember', 'fight', 'faith'. Then there is a large gap followed by the resumption of the standard writing).

I am not losing my mind I assure you. Something is bewitching me and I am going to discover what it is - I need my mind clear. But I do not think the solution is to leave behind my beloved... I care for her too much for her to write her out of my life. No its with her that I will find the truth. She loves dragons it seems - I will show her Nagafen first. I get the feeling all of this is related and the puzzle needs to be placed together so I can see the demon behind this. Whoever is behind this, you will suffer terribly. Grandfather where are you - I feel your prescence but I do not hear your words anymore....

*As you finish reading, you see an image of Silthian writing the entry stooped over his table with sweat dripping from his brow, Behind him you see the ghostly form of a Koada'dal who resembles a distant relation, sharing the same icy green eyes. His expression is that of frustation as he stares at the back of Silthian's head as if contemplating the next move he will have to take*

Message Edited by VizP on 11-13-2005 12:26 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-DukeOccam Guest

Great story so far. The pictures are very nice. They really help with visualizing the story.
    It's interesting to see a a Koada'dal choose Freeport, and for justifiable reasons, not just "ooh, I'm evil now."
    Keep writing; I'll keep reading. :)
    Message Edited by DukeOccam on 11-14-2005 12:56 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

She stayed the night. However it was an innocent meeting, our closest moment in each others embrace before we fell to our weariness.. and she took my bed while I made myself a makeshift sleeping area in the front room for myself.

She stepped into my home, my place of research, she stood in front of my research areas and even the sacrifice tray where frequent blood letting allowed me to utilise the power of the lifeforce within this most essential of body fluids to travel the spirit worlds. I could see she was hiding the fear - yet she told me she did not judge me, she trusted me.. and when I finally weakened and fell to my knee, she took me in her lap and stroked my hair until all the worries were gone. Yet out of the corner of my eye I could still see the little light burning under the table - that haunting light and its significance which escapes me. I felt ashamed to show her the work I did. Why was I ashamed?! I thought all of this was justified for the ends - to show the power of the art when I finally arrive in Faydwer. Yet when I was with her, I... was different.

Her power over me frightens me - but one thing is clear... 'love' itself is not just a chemical reaction formed within the body.. the same way one may experience euphoria or sadness.. no, there is something else, something divine and otherworldy about it. I am falling in love with her and yet it feels pure, it feels serene and it feels... natural. I feel no shame for doing it because I think every man needs a woman behind him every step of the way - it is a long lonely road and I am.. a mortal. Even the deities themselves have their partners.. imagine the power then of this important attraction, this necessity... it is not her body that I crave although in truth her beauty is deeply alluring, it is just the warmth of her touch and her closeness that I need.

But it isn't just this.. I told her about the headaches. I told her that I felt something was wrong and that I didn't understand why I felt such pain everytime I thought about it... and about her. I told her perhaps someone had cast a spell on me and I would find out who it was... I even told her this! I still cant believe it as I write this...

When i woke, she had already gone and I went back into the study to further contemplate how I would solve this problem. I started with the light.

I pulled it out from beneath the table - a small candle holder yet producing a terribly bright light, as I looked into it, it penetrated my very being and increased the pain surrounding my temples. As I moved it nearer and nearer, it pain became unbearable but I knew what I had to do. And I pushed my hand into the flame.

Red hot fires - my sight turned crimson and I screamed in pain - my head exploded yet I could hear another scream within... the light fell from my hand on hitting the floor rolled beneath the table before resuming its position of its own accord. I fell to my knees holding my head and I could hear the scream echoing in the recesses of my mind. It sounded like scream of an elderly person...

An ancestor. Grandfather....

*as you finish reading, you see an image of Silthian standing in his study, the light shining from beneath the study table beside him. He seems to be staring into the distance although in truth he may be looking deep within himself at what he had possibly just discovered*
  13. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

Another night - yes once more.. this time me beside in my bed, she slept beside me on my harm and I felt her breath softly all through the night.. her heart beat next to mine.

Yes I know - Koada'dal - my kind... so much restraint, so much discipline. Trust me - when you have a beautiful woman lying next to you and you know you should resist the urge to turn to her.. to kiss her, to touch her because it is not quite the time... yet she happens to be right there...

Well I can tell you that I think it was one experience that I can not possible recount here. Still it provided beneficial for one thing - her spirit next to mine all through the night.. I found just what I was looking for. You see as I lay there, I heard her heartbeat get louder and louder until it filled my head and using her strength I ventured once more into the darker realms which few look into - one lyding deep within. I followed it pushing further than I had ever before with the sound of her life... her love as my barrier.

What did I find? I found my wretched ancestor lying deep within me corrupting me as time flowed on. Unlike my images from earlier, he looked a pitiful creature, bent and haggared with gnarled twisted tendrils.... he hissed at me when he noticed my prescence. Inititally he was surprised but just as I had underestimated what he would do to me, he had underestimated the lengths I would go to stop myself become controlled.

Spilling out from his prescence within me was a dark ooze... symbolising his corrupting dark prescence, it had been responsible for my memory loss.. for all I had commited, all i had forgotten. I hated him and I reached out to destroy him once and for all.. her heartbeat still surrounding me giving me the strength of countless souls...

But he fled.. breaking, shattering into what seemed like many glass prisms, he ripped into my every essence. I knew then that while he would not control me anymore, he had decided to make a last ditch effort to complete his goal. By spreading into my lifestream, while I would be myself... if I ever pushed myself far enough, I would find myself reaching into the dark essence. I woudl likely be able to exact great evil if something ever forced me to...

Has this already happened? Either you know me as a saviour or a demon. I don't know which as at the time of writing but I vow to remain true to my self regardless of my dark arts. I do it for my family and to preserve their honour, for my kind and for her.

But it strikes me that if anything ever did happen to her.. if someone stole her from me. I would not be able to take it.. I feel her soft skin on my arm right now and I know I love her with every part of me. If someone dares to hurt her and take her, I know that my anger will consume me. And I will take everything.

I will fight to make sure this never happens. I see the light flickering beneath that table near my bed - I remember now someone giving it to me.. a woman with striking green eyes... everytime I remember her I am filled with a great warmth.. I feel green grass around me and endless forests and blue skies overhead. I think I know who She might be but I would never be so bold to write what I believe here. If it is who I think it is, I will always be Her child. Her First. I will try never to shame Her but I can understand why She came. For one of her children.

I kissed the angel lying next to me on her forehead and closed my eyes. My future lay ahead of me and I knew my destiny inched ever closer. I smiled.. first time in sooo long... this angel had set me free. I was myself once more... and I think one solitary tear left my eye as I left this world for that of dreams.

*as you finish reading you see an imagine of Silthian lying in a large bed with a beautiful elven woman on his arm - both seeming far away in another world.. and around them is a soft green glow filtering from a nearby light underneath an adjacent table. The image fills you with a wonderful calm.. but only for which is suddenly shattered by the image of Silthian's ancestor as he had been found deep within his soul - before he shattered into many pieces. Truly - 'the demon within'.*

[IMG]

Message Edited by VizP on 12-04-2005 09:10 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

What do I do now?

*there is a little gap in the writing before it continues below again*

I am now more than aware of the wrongness of my arts - I had been blinded before by my ancestor's twisted soul - he himself had become lost as he progressed on and after his death had finally lost all traces of what I could have admired. I force my will on the souls and I control them - there is no two ways about this. Yet am I not on a path that I can not turn back from?

Can I still not achieve great good with this? Sometimes for good to triumph over evil, does the path of good not have to resort to evil?

I once read a piece of mythology from far away lands that I always thought was fascinating - the setting was this. A terrible epic war was beight fought between the side of good and evil - and finally two great archers on chariots fought each other. On one side was a man thought to tbe the greatest archer to ever live, a crown price and firmly on the side of light and truth - his name was Arjun. His charioteer was none other than a deity himself in the form of a man called Krishna - he was truly protected.

On the other side was the son of a poor man - only the truth was that he was the son of the Sun God himself and Arjun's half-brother (although Arjun was not aware that he was) - his name was Karna. But due to a vow to a friend, he had been forced to fight on the other side.. the side of evil (he himself was not however). As they faced off, Karna was far too strong - his armour make him close to invulnerable (gift from his father) and his archery matched that of Arjun on the other side.

So at a point in the battle, Lord Krishna caused the ground to tumble forcing the Sungod's offspring to tumble sideways in his chariot.

At this point Karna asked Arjun to stop while he fixed his chariot - the rules of war and honour. Arjun agreed and Karna stepped down to fix his wheel. At this point Krishna told Arjun to fire on Karna. Arjun could not believe what he was being told to do - fire on a helpless opponent? What was the honour in that - no he could not possible do this... but eventually he relented and fired upon Karna and beheaded him.

Krishna told him that this had to be done because Karna could not be stopped - if allowed to win, the other side would have triumphed and great evil would have reigned. For that one moment of dishonour and sacrifice, they would then continue on to allow the side of good to triumph.....

---
    And so with this in mind... am I not allowed to force my will on these souls if my final goal is that of good? To walk the lands and follow my heart and become the hero that my family would want me to be? I know that such things can consume ones soul and thus even though I intend to do good, eventually I may fall off the path just as my ancestor did. But it is too late now - I can do this. No I will... I am the Soulmover. My story will be told and it will be one to be remembered with pride.. not with dread....
    *as you read these words, you see an image of a sparkling ice cavern - Silthian stands in the water looking up with a serene smile. Behind him white orbs float with sparkling glowing trails and a sensation of purity and radiance surrounds you - with a strong feeling of.... hope*
    [IMG]

Message Edited by VizP on 12-04-2005 09:34 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Quite Good. Quite good indeed.

The end then? Or more to come?
  16. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

*you turn a page and notice there is much more to come in the journal - a story.. a fable left untold. As you read on, you see an image of Silthian flicker within your mind for an instant....*

[IMG]
    Message Edited by VizP on 12-17-2005 10:30 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

There is another woman lying in my bed. I can see her as I write this, the slow movements of her chest moving up and down beneath the blankets, her mind and soul in faraway lands.... yes she is not the lady whose heartbeat helped me reach into myself and find the true source of all the problems that had plagued me these past months.

I know what you are thinking - but you are wrong. As I look upon the figure lying in my bed, I see a woman with strong Fier'dal features although she is a half blood and I have not touched her in anyway to betray the one whose heart I hold. She found herself here after a night of overindulging in a tavern in Freeport.. I could not let her make the long path back to Qeynos in this state... but she is not a stranger either - I met her in fact months before I met the one whose heart I hold.

The truth is it has been many weeks since I have seen the woman mentioned in the previous pages, her guild and her life taking her far away from me across the lands and while I have searched the otherworld to move closer to her, I find myself pushed further and further away by other shadows, other souls that surround her at every step. The last time I travelled, I only saw her soul far away, her mind focussed on many others. I have not searched for her again - she knows where to find me.

Which leaves me standing at the corner of my bed looking down at the serene sleeping figure - from this point on, I will refer to her as 'the songstress'. I met her months back in Nektropos Castle... a story was told that we will remember for some time. A man called Everling had lost his mind in his work and the death of his daughters had pushed him over the edge turning his home into a haunted chasm - we ventured deep within along with a few others. Our leader was a dwarf called Dorgius - a sturdy soul whose focus and determination was an inspiration but I remember my moments with the songstress due to her coldness. She seemed very uncomfortable in my prescence but I do not blame her for this. I could hear Everling's heartbeat at every turn and the power within.. at that time, my ancestors spirit within kept drawing me closer mindlessly and all I sought was to tap into it and perhaps even capture it. The songstress specialised in musical and battle arts.. a dirge and she found the heartbeat chilling and while I told her to listen and find the truth within, it haunted her mind and she found no solace within it.

We finally found our way to Everling and defeated him, but his soul was beyond my grasp. To my surprise the songstress contacted me a few days later - a tune reaching me from an instrument played far far away.. its magical means allowing her to talk to me. I did not expect it.. I did not even think she liked me. She talked to me about our trip and nightmares that had plagued her later but she continued to remain far and I felt that she still thought little of me. It was during these times that I met the 'one whose heart I held' and her story alongside with mine up to this point you have already read in the journal pages above.

It was after this that the songstress started revealing her true self - a part of her she had hidden away a long time ago... from a time where her brother was lost in the Shattering and hard times had forced her to surround herself in many shields. To protect her from the pains of life... but as she found herself near me, she let each of them fall for the first time until she showed the caring and loving spirit that lay within. And she told me what she felt for me.

I am sure my guardian spirits felt a part of my heart break then - when I knew I could give nothing back to her even though I could see her true beauty and its captivating nature because another held my heart then. And I told her so... she fled away into the forests with her flute at her lips letting her songs push away the pain... but I stood watching nearby.. helpless...

I owed her my life - she had saved me many times in Everling's castle when my ancestor had placed me in danger for his selfish desires...now I would not desert her, not only for that but for everything about her and I set about freeing her from many souls that continued to plague her in her nightmares. I entered the Otherworld and rending each of these into an oblivion except Everling himself who retreated.. although it seemed he had other plans. I set a guardian spirit to protect the Songstress evermore and he will continue his duty endlessly.

She invited me to a tavern meeting with friends tonight and I spent it with her listening to stories and music that brought a smile to my face... for a moment I remembered the lady who whose heart I held and our story together and wondered whether her stories would continue to take her far away. Now I bring you back to the slumbering figure in my bed. Just a touch away... a lock of hair falling over her pretty face.

----

I miss my sister Alhanna so much.. I wish she was here... little sister, she knew I was not like others. I would come home with 'that' look and she would narrow her eyes and return hers. She would ask me if I was going to break another heart and I would tell her that 'I' had not done anything thing... that it was not my fault. She would sigh and call me close and I would lie in her lap with my face up looking into hers. She would stroke my hair and tell me that she knew I would never hurt another but that I had to take care.. to stop that tongue of mine.

I told her I was not like the others, that I had never said a word I had not meant.. that I would never use a soul, any lady that crossed my path. She would whisper that she knew that.. she was my little sister after all, the first lady to know my soul, to know her brother's heart. Then she would sing and I woudl be swept far away.. away where my face, my touch, my voice would never tease another....

I know she is alive.. i sense her far away in the lost isles where I left her and I hope to find her soon. I need her...

My fingers are on the wood of my bed now and now I sit in the corner leaning on the pillar, my eyes will soon close, my head against it.. with just the soft breathing of my songstress a few inches away from me to send me away into my dreams.

----
    *as the words fade, you hear a beautiful piece of music in the back of your mind - flute music, so serene, woodlands and nature... and you wonder if that is a piece played by this mysterious songstress....as you do, an image suddenly flickers in your mind of a young woman standing with her back towards you....*

[IMG]

Message Edited by VizP on 12-20-2005 07:29 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

A perfect sense of timing - the sort that only a bard could create.. only this time the fates were spinning this tale. The very nice day she came... the one whose heart I hold.. I saw her flicker into my mind, her angelic voice breaking through. I asked her where she had been and she told me the tale of a friend of hers.. an Iksar and a journey she needed to take to save his people. I won't bother to go into this - it does not concern me nor does it concern you... those beasts have never and will never mean anything in the grand scale of things. I only cared about 'her'.

She came to my room and told me she was sorry for how far she had gone away from me and I couldn't do anything but hold her and kiss her... just the relief to have her back in my arms, the only place where I trusted she could truly be safe - a place where 'nothing' would dare dream take her. I stood and was content to just watch her walk around my home in her elegant dress knowing she was close enough to touch... to hold...

And then she walked past the bed... only one night ago it had been occupied and I touched the wood as she walked past thinking of this. She noticed.. she misinterpreted, but I wonder if she would have understood. She trusts me... she should have.. still I was innocent and so had nothing to hide. But the fact still made me uncomfortable... but as I walked past the bed where the lullaby of my songstress had taken me away, she took me in her arms and told me she loved me. I loved her too.. desperately and I returned those words, my lips teasing against hers, her cheeks, her ears.. that soft soft skin....

Time passed by and I left her in the bed... not having touched her in anyway this time either except my kisses and my arms around her. I kissed her as she fell asleep and then rested my head on that same bedpost once more. I felt that music returning.. flitting into my mind and I walked out into the night air to clear it... the image of my sleeping angel the only thing in front of my eyes as I stared up into the soft milky moon. And the hope that she would still remain this close in the coming times.

*as you finish reading the entry, you suddenly see a strange viewpoint off the corner of Silthian's room and you realise it is the same bedpost - as you look down, you see him looking down at a lady dressed in a beautiful white dress.... *

[IMG]

Message Edited by VizP on 12-23-2005 05:37 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

Frostfell - a strange festival but I have a new admiration for all it means... with the snow and the ice comes a sense of warmth and love, a contrast yet they move hand in hand. With the coming of the cold, I have felt a change come within me and I welcome it... we must all change and let our experiences shape us.. into the people we wish to be. I was in West Freeport where I was compelled to bounce a snowball off a Tier'dal's head and the sense of satisfaction that came from it was... more than tangible.

The beauty of is was that this male continued to talk to this female Tier'dal and the more I threw at him and her, the more they ignored me. Finally he walked off and I timed a perfect ball off the top off his head... a skillful rebound and at this point the lady told me she had had enough of me. I apologised and pressed a new ball of snow into the dark skin off her face....

She promptly took a large ball of snow and threw it into my face. From then erupted a truly epic war that pulled in trolls, humans and allsorts - but we laughed all the way through it until we were tired and had to surrender. The beauty of Frostfell and simple snow....

Another memorable moment for me was a goblin called the Grump - I won't go into the full story but this goblin had been tormented as a child and had decided he would spoil Frostfell for everyone else by stealing their presents. To this end, he had invaded the home of the Frostfell elves - but I ventured there and actually convinced him that he need not hold such resentment... such illwill but instead he could make new friends and smile instead of bring sorrow.. and in truth he knew he found no happiness in his actions.

My words... they had an effect and he changed his ways. A goblin of all creatures... I believe now that every creature, no matter how primitive is able to understand morality and how the impact of their actions. Thus there is simply no excuse for the way some behave... I have more to say on this and they will be in the following journal entry.. I will not spoil this pleasant Frostfell entry with it however.

I am going to imprint a memory of mine into this page and I hope you enjoy it... a rainbow from my time in the elven winter wonderland where I spoke to the Grump. As I stood upon it, I understood the true 'wonder' of Frostfell...

*as you read those words.. you see a wonderous rainbow arch behind Silthian and you feel it falling near you, its multicoloured light shimming around you*

[IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

*the next page in the journal is badly crumpled - it is torn in places and there is a terrible mark in the centre.. you can't tell if it has been burned or something else but part of the writing is not legible. The page was written out at one point but it has been placed back in the journal*

----
    Frostfell has changed me - and I like the change. Others and their words, their actions... they continue my road of self discovery - only when one knows oneself can one advance on and take the world.... most forget this but I will not. And as time passes I feel myself strengthen. I know my strengths and my limitations by each passing day and as I strengthen each of those weaknesses, I become invincible. I know one day no words, no touch, no action will harm me.. they will be anticipated and they will be countered. I am the Soulmover.. the seer Tabitha was right and if this story comes to pass, I will find her one day and thank her for giving me this title.

I have much to say so I will talk about each in turn.

The one whose heart I hold... she hurt me. She hurt me terribly... it was the matter of the Iksar. I thought I had let it go but it was like a dagger in my back and I realised how much it hurt when I heard her voice again.. and she accused me... or at least impied me that I had betrayed her. It was then that I realised the pain she had caused me. There was no other way around it - she had left me for many days where I knew not the danger she was in, she had caused me many sleepless nights, many dangerous trips into the Otherworld to make sure she was safe... all for a ... beast. I also found out this .. beast, this animal had actually physically hurt her, punched her, thrown her around to determine her strength and even then she had helped him. Apparently this was a show of strength to the savage.. to hurt a woman. She then went on this journey with this reptile while I worried for her.

I told her that Ihad made a decision.. when she told me she was sorry for what she did... I told her that I would hurt this Iksar... I would hurt him because she ahd chosen him over me. I was Silthian and I would not tolerate this.. no I would not. As I write this, the anger within me.. is indescribable. This lizard who from now on I will refer to as the 'cursed one'.. was at one time a similar level to me in his teaching but recently he passed me by. But I am a very crafty fighter.. I know the importance of patience, and I strongly believe all is fair in love and war. I intend to train and continue my studies in my dark arts and when I strike upon him, it will be when he least expects it. Unless my beloved betrays me, he will never see me coming - none knows of my vendetta.. and even if he found out about it through the Otherworld spirits, my home is protected tight so none can harm me there and if I am not prepared, no ambush outside it can stop be disappearing into the Spiritworld and away from trickery.

No... when i strike.. it will be terrible. I will hurt those he love, I will harm his children and I know he is a supposed saviour to his people. One day he will be weak, and I will take him, steal him and take him to my world. And there I will cut off his arms, the same arms that he used to hit my love and show him how it is to hurt the vulnerable. Just as he used hos power over a woman, I will use my power over him and show him..

*the paper is torn here and terribly 'burned' perhaps.. almost as if Silthian's hate has affected the parchment but you can make out words*

he struck the one I love... spilled her blood... the pathetic beast,

limb from limb....

tortured souls... flayed parts...

*you see a crimson stain here stretching across the page and then they end in the words* Domar lijrika Marakas.... *the words send a shiver up your spine and it is almost as if reciting them may have unleashed something...*

*then you see a fully formed paragraph*

Remember a lesson - I seek to harm this creature .. but I am not evil. He is a beast and he harmed a woman... I do not tolerate those that harm women, those harm harm children, those that use power over the weak. The souls I have taken are of the strong.. even I .. the one called a 'defiler' never take those of the weak, only those worth it. Thus the harm that will befall this reptile will be a lesson to him that he will know for an eternity.

Also learn how I will finish my goal. I will not let him take my life focus - he will be a side project, a hobby. And I will take my time. Many months, many years he will live without a single idea what will happen. Then one day a single nightmare and all will change. Strike like a snake, once and forever. Let the poison be terrible, let it be final. Until then be slippery and stay in the shadows. Honour is nothing if you lose and if the one you fight has no honour, you have no reason to use it either.

She was sorry. My beloved was sorry. I love her but I do not forgive her. I know I would never have done that to her.... this is why I can not. And what is worse... for an animal? An iksar? An insult to me.... I hope I can look at her again like I could before.. but as much as I love her, everytime I do, I image the reptile and then the rage comes....

*there is a gap below this writing and then a few more words*

I feel the fragements of my ancestor sparking as I think of all of this - this is what he would want... rage, vengeance.. it is the only hope he has for me to fall off into the darkness. But I will not.. I will not let this be my life work. It will simply be a way of testing my strength - the Iksar's demise will make me stronger simply in my art. Outside it though, outside it I will not forget that woman.. the striking green eyed one in Freeport. I will tell you know.. I am Tunare's first and I can say perhaps she was Her, some fragment of her in essence if you did not realise what she implied before. She would wish me to hold onto my soul and I will not break Her trust. I also know she would not care if I destroyed one of Cazik's spawn. Or ar they Rallos spawn? I do now know Iksar lore nor do I care. And I know She wouldnt either.

I bow my head to you Mother above. I see the light beneath the table and if you ever come back to the lands fully, I am sure you will be right there just as you are in my soul.. my lifeblood as you are with all Koada'dal.

*as the writing ends you see no image but you see the colour green... of nature.. of life.... of Tunare. Silthian's faith flows from the page and it is a strange mingling with the sheer hate eminating from the centre of the parchment*

Message Edited by VizP on 01-13-200607:49 AM