The Expansion cometh.......

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Odium, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

Looking forward to the expansion?....My attorney insisted on commenting along they way.

So I pre-ordered the expansion yesterday.....It will arrive on the 16th. I didn’t get the collectors edition because I decided that paying near double the price just wasn’t worth some armored Cat mount. [Odium’s Attorney] My clients preceding statement should not be viewed as devaluation of the “Armored Highland Stalker” Rather, my client simply feels that the afore mentioned Armored Highland Stalker, while a worthy beast, does not present an appropriate return on investment (ROI).

I'm less excited than I hoped since the supposed changes to the Summoner class are rumored to be in jeopardy (not that they were (rumored) to be great to begin with). If the expansion launches with no changes to the Summoners, it will be a sad day for Odium. Still, it will be interesting to see what changes.....knowing SOE, they'll decide the Mezers need even more DPS and that Necromancers should have their existing nuke / lifetap replaced with a spell that disperses harmless pretty flowers.....But I digress...[Odium’s Attorney] Clearly, my client is attempting to poke fun, in a heartwarming and entirely non confrontational way, with the SOE development team and my client in no way assumes the SOE team will actually make necromancers produce pretty flowers……(cough)….

I didn't bother signing up for Beta this time - I did for both previous expansions but I was too afraid that if I logged into beta and found summoners even more nerfed that I'd be forced to life-tap each and every developer. [Odium’s Attorney] "My Clients preceding statement should in no way suggest his actual intent to life-tap developers or any other employee of SOE or its affiliates"

So, we’ll see how it goes. I may log in and make some plat since chances are I’ll need to buy my masters - seeing as how Necros aren’t necessarily group “must –haves” these days…or any days since ROK actually. [Odium’s Attorney] My client’s preceding statement is in no way a derogatory comment on the post ROK condition of Necromancers as a class.

At least we can level to 90…..possibly as cannon fodder and or puny DPS piñatas, but the goal is there. [Odium’s Attorney] My client has the utmost respect for cannon fodder and or piñatas.

So, in short, I am fearfully optimistic – that is to say – I’m attempting to be positive and hopeful yet have a gut feeling of despair. I have the sense that I’ll log in and find that my Necro has given up the Necro trade and become a Longshadow alley fishmonger.