The Ethereal Cloak, the flurry question.

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Tanto, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Ok, so I've tried out both a bit. And flurry is the clear winner. As a monk, I had just under 198k potency with level 3 cloak, meta collection belt and neck. Same ADC (119 before procs) as with the ethereal breastplate and (heroic/challenge because the loot gods hate me) flurry gear. With flurry gear, 195k potency, but a bit more DPS due to more favourable reforging whilst maintaining crit bonus levels. A touch less WDB. My flurry with 3 items is 149% roughly.

The difference was very clear to see. I did a shocking amount less without flurry. So, right now I don't see how I can use the cloak over the old ethereal BP, other than to use old xpac flurry gear in other slots.

It's worth mentioning too, this was done in a fun guild group doing normal mode raids to farm shards. It wasn't in my proper raid group which boosts my melee even more.

Still got to bite my tongue a little, because we haven't seen any level 5 bonuses yet, but nothing is mentioned on the items. The resolve boost at level 5 was shown in the effects on last year's gear, so it's possible there's nothing extra at all at level 5.

Right now it really does look like I'll be using my ethereal BP and flurry gear until next xpac. I just don't understand how the best in slot cloak, isn't the best in slot. Can a red name please pay attention to this thread and address these concerns? I think this really is an itemisation mistake.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I expect flurry is going to be nerfed in the next xpac. I think the devs misjudged how powerful they were making auto attack and how this extra power would fit in with combat mitigation mechanics. I'm sure this will be addressed next xpac and the ethereal gear will probably be amazing then. But this is THIS xpac, and auto attack is king.

I should also summarise everything I've said by saying this, and I think it should hit home: I've just swapped the ethereal cloak out for heroic gear, because it's better.

This needs addressing.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Here is the level 4 screenshot

[IMG]
    Dude likes this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

A guildy of mine says he'll have level 5 today. Should be in the next hour. I missed out on logging in early enough to pick up the new weekly before the reset, as I had to go to work, so I'll be another couple of weeks maybe.
    Still, will be interesting to see if any bonuses appear.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

mmmh, I don't see how someone could have level 5 today already, you need 910 coins to buy the cloak and level to 5. Except if it's on Test and he had already bought the first 60 shards for level 4 before the price change and didn't do the missions before the test update that doubled the coin gain (aka, very very very lucky timing there!)
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Nothing new appears. Reforges nicely and has a lot of pot, but nothing new at level 5.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

If you've maxed your weeklies since the event launched, and done 2 weeklies since the double ethereal event started, then yes, it is.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Was linked in Discord:

[IMG]

For my part, I maxed out everything I could and I'll end up 99 tokens short, so next week I'll be done
    Kittybock and Breanna like this.