The end?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Daltharr, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Daltharr Active Member

Im playing live atm. - and i doubt ill roll a toon on a free trade server. but who knows? I I also said i wouldnt go back to live.
    But I think theres some conclusions here that I honestly cant follow.
    A fresh boosted toon is not the same as a toon you have lvld the old way, played with and grinded faction with. The toon will have acces to dungeons and merchants, and perhaps the gnolls will invite for coffee rather than dinner(youre the dinner).
    The toon might have one or more eg LoN item, or hq rewards or a superdecorated palace you have poured 100s of hours into. You might have some achievements done and some you want to keep working on. You might have some superduperkool looking stabbystabby that you just love and dont feel like farming again
    Im amazed that vets can draw a direct line between a boosted and a "real" toon. I think its the first time ive seen that, ever..

I cant speak for all. But theres a lot who chose to play TLEs because of what they are not, and not so much what they are.
    I just want to play the game, and Id prefer to do it on a server where p2w isnt rampant, where it doesnt take 60 days to research a spell tier, and where we dont have ascension on top of that. I prefer an economy that isnt collapsed, where tradeskills still matters and where the recipes isnt rng rewards and where everything is made by artisans.
    Theres a ton of reasons why it would be better to continue the adventure on a server with a quirky ruleset. The premise at this point is that journey would be almost over anyways, retirement around the corner and certain death awaits you on live. - its not technically difficult to adjust these toons to a new ruleset.
    Say lvlcap is 50 and masters isnt allowed. The game can handle that and set toons accordingly. It might be necessary with a decimation of your plat. 1000 plat on kaladim is now reduced to 100. or 10. or zero if thats needed. The new stage(level and general progression) of the toon is of less importance. And while I have like 100 cobalt bardings and 6 rows of potions, then I dont have issues with it. I dont want to play live >>(if I can avoid it. But my addiction have the final word). I dont care about getting my bags full of paintings and LoN items to live. I would probs play live if my goal was to accumulate stuffs on live.
    The very purpose of moving to a new tle is to get in limbo as some call it. I like the journey, for the sake of the journey.
    - And ive played long enough that I know that everyone in the family will come together at some point anyways. 2022 or 2025. its all the same in the grand scheme of things. I dont die if i cant get my robotic icecream seller right now.
    Hel join the party sooner or later. I will have to spend 3months on a live server just to get it rolling. if ive been gone for 4-5 years. and another 3 gearing up if i want to be to be a decent raid ready toon A few cosmetic is the least of my concern.

The devs isnt helpless. They can set a toon to lvl XX if thats needed. they can ad or remove weaps or factions, plat and harvestables or any other "feature" that would tilt the balance on a new server. And yes it would be a little more work if they have to make an new algorithm for the filtering. But i think it would be worth it. The last few months of a tle is a weird pile of peasoup. The realisation that its soon is over makes peeps care less, no new players will drip in.

The best that can happen for any TLE from here and to the end of time would be if they dont end as if theyre set on timer..
    Id pay my left testi... tube for a dynamic end rather than; Its over when we hit DoV. - Its that self fulfilling prophecy/accustic feedback that are the worst. the slow bleedout of a good time.

Its the worst..

edit; heirloom for cashitems is an untested feature. EU - courts have ruled that ingame cash items belong to the player and not to an arbitrary toon. DBG EULA(wich we all have signed) tackles this by saying we only rent the things we get from the marketplace. smart eh. But.. We shouldnt loose stuff weve bought with a toon we now want to delete.-but untill someone challenge this in court then were stuck with the eula. I think they should just be a bit progressive and remove the no-trade tag on heirloom items that isnt questrewards. Its me who owns it, its not the toon
    Sunlei likes this.