The Crypt Maze to Anashti Sul (Prizes Oct 6 - Nov 10, 2012!)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Jazabelle, Oct 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Jazabelle Guest

Somewhere hidden amongst Freeport's streets
    A temple to the Forgotten sleeps.
    Every Nights of the Dead it awakes,
    Mortal life it forever forsakes.
    If for prizes death you would cheat,
    Proceed to Jazabelle's to partake!

Apologies for the horrible poetry, but last year's maze set a precident, and I didn't have anyone to write the poetry for me this year.

When: October 6 - November 10, 2012
    Where: Jazabelle's Lavastorm home in Freeport on the Antonia Bayle server. Alternatively, you may visit The Chapel to Anashti Sul on the Leaderboards, under Massive Homes.
    Why?: Because Nights of the Dead is awesome, but sometimes you need to take a break from grinding for the house items! So instead you can run a maze and answer a riddle for prizes (I know, I know, not that different...).
    Prizes?: Yep! Prizes will be awarded through the 10th of November. Details can be found in the book inside the chapel.

Other servers offering prizes:
    All other servers are eligible for prizes, as we have one kind person on Freeport taking care of prizes there, and a kind person from AB offering SC prizes to those who complete the maze and riddle. If you'd like to offer prizes for your server, please do feel free to contact me (I'm blown away by your generosity, guys!). You still have to travel to Antonia Bayle to run the maze and see the riddle, but you can receive awards on your main character.

Other NotD fun:
    The MazeMansion from 2011 is open again, and offering token prizes to anyone who completes it!

[IMG]

(For those interested in seeing a photo album of the construction of the zones, click here. Don't worry, there are no spoilers.)

Riddlemasters:

1. Lunshea (of Freeport)
    2. Liily (of Freeport)
    3. Qaia
    4. Kiosha
    5. Ashinor
    6. Nihke
    7. Sedeck (of Oasis)
    8. Facemeats
    9. Immauri
    10. Lealani
    11. Atmu
    12. Blazewolf
    13. Savriel
    14. Teoh
    15. Chikkin
    16. Senya (of Crushbone)
    17. Kaian
    18. Melago
    19. Kiuf
    20. Locomotive
    21. Lowgan
    22. Zazoo
  2. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

Totally awesome maze!
  3. ARCHIVED-Ayanu Guest

I agree, that was so much fun! Thanks Jaz!
  4. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

I had time to poke my head in tonight. Frustrating lack of reference points in the maze! I expect it's very small and I just keep jumping through the same rooms again and again.
    Going to have to map this one out, I think. You leave me no choice!
  5. ARCHIVED-Ayanu Guest

Tock@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Actually, there are reference clues, whether intentional or subconscious they are there, you just have to have an open mind. Besides, it is a maze, it is meant to challenge you. It isn't Wally's Wacky Fun house with signs pointing the way around the mirror maze, this is Jazabelle we are talking about! She is a talented decorator, making things easy would be an insult to her designs.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."
  7. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

OH NO! Another maze by the master!
    The screenies look fabulous and I can't wait to check it out. However, I'm directionally challenged, to the point that I never did figure out last year's maze. The statement, "you are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike," fills me with terror and dread.

Oh, and that discussion about whether or not there are reference points...there aren't any... there are but they are so subtle that you have to open your mind just right to see them...oh yeah, I'm gonna be lost BIG TIME.
  8. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

I'm a bit slow off the mark with this one this year - been out of the game for a few weeks, but I made sure that this was the first thing I did when I returned.
    Love it, and the evil one-way passages ... and the beautiful Temple and cemetery grounds ...
    Found my way through, and replied (almost) in kind, which I'd post here but can't because it gives the answer away. Drat. Should've thought that through!
  9. ARCHIVED-Jazabelle Guest

Well done to everyone who has completed the maze! We're up to nearly 20 Riddlemasters, and we still have a month to go.
    I'm glad that the headaches and frustration of last year's maze don't appear to be plaguing this year's maze runners.
    Thank you for all of the kind compliments.
    Afista, I'm glad you had fun.
    Ayanu, it was my pleasure!
    Tock, you can do it (maybe)!
    Mary, I must admit that your quote made me giggle. I've played some variation of that game, and had a grand time.
    Galldora, don't be afraid to come on over! This year's isn't as bad as last year's. I too am directionally challenged, but I made it through (with a map)! Both mazes take either luck or mapping to get through ;) You aren't the only one who never completed last year's maze. It's still up if you want to take another stab at getting lost!
    Kaian, your answer to the riddle made me giggle. It really is too bad that it has the answer in it, as it should be shared with all!
  10. ARCHIVED-ajadams Guest

Your maze was so fun to run through and it was so well done! VERY CREATIVE!
    I suggest everyone take the time to run through it I had a blast!

(P.S. the puzzle was hard! I got stumped!!)