The crafting process - can we please speed things up a little?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Amphibia, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

I've been playing this game for nearly 8 years now and I still enjoy it. My main character is a carpenter, and I spend probably 90% of my (somewhat limited) game time decorating player homes.
    Or, I wish I did...

Truth to be told, it's probably closer to 50%. Maybe even less, due to farming, grinding tokens and last, but not least - an incredibly time consuming crafting process. Yeah, I know it's easy. And I know it took even longer before, back in the days of resins, washes and interdependency across the board. I was there then, too. And I appreciate the changes that have happened since then, which I think have been for the better, but that doesn't change the fact that I still have to spend most of my game time crafting, grinding and organizing.
    And therein lies the problem. I'm sorry, but sitting in front of the computer mindlessly clicking the same buttons over and over (unfortunantly you have to be present to oversee the process as well) - well, that's the boring stuff. Feel free to disagree with me, but wouldn't you rather be out slaying dragons with your friends, or - if you're more like me, spend your precious game time actually making use of the items you craft and do something fun and/or creative with them?

So in order to deal with this raging time vampire, here are a few suggestions to changes:

1. Let us craft in bulks. Pretty please with a cherry on top? Allow us to craft 10, 20 or 50 elm dividers at once, as long as we have sufficient raws and fuel on our character/harvest box. This will allow people to focus more on the fun stuff in EQ2, experiment and unleash their creativity - instead of spending half their game time clicking the same buttons over and over.
    2. Or, alternatively - speed up the process and allow auto-complete.
    3. Introduce crafting assistants who know all your recipes and can craft items for you, while you're off doing something else. Kinda like the harvest pony.

Please consider this. Less tedium means more time left to focus the reasons we pay to play in the first place.
  2. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    Absolutely. I'd love to see the bulk crafting. I absolutely hate sitting there at the crafting table pressing the three buttons. It's just not fun. Let me make my items quickly and move on to something that is fun.
  3. ARCHIVED-foodcity Guest

ABSOLUTELY! I spend most of my crafting time crafting about 50-100 tiles and/or dividers to make buildings..... I just wanna craft in bulk to save time :p it gets REALLY old after your tenth round of making 50-100 of something to make a building......
  4. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

I could see the process going faster, but don't expect bulk recipes for everything. That's more recipes to put in.
  5. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    hmm well given they are adding tradeskill prestige how about "mass production" buff while active recipies use X times the resources and produce X times the items (eg. 2x resources 2x the items)
    "fine craftsmanship" increases crit success chance
    "rapid production" extra added durablity and progress to successful reactions.
    I'm also thinking maybe they should add a prestige box that flat out increases the chance of a skillup on all three chance tables of adorning and tinkerering since they are techinacally tradeskills and are seperate so you can be max tradeskiller while still being low in ether of these.
  6. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Do we really need all 4 tiers of crafting progress these days? While at one point we created either different tiers of items or greater quantities if we pristined(not to mention the first pristine bonus), these perks have pretty much left the game. Might as well streamline the system and make it only require the first bar to be filled.
  7. ARCHIVED-Missbee Guest

I save all my 200% potions for when I want to do rush orders. I can do 5 or 6 rush orders with one potion. Making a game of it can make it seem a much shorter time. Just how many combines can I get out of one potion? Craft while spamming for a group. Also those potions can make the missions from Village of Shin go real fast and thats a lot of crafting exp.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Missbee wrote:
    the actual leveling isn't what the op is talking about it is the amount of time spent ccrafting for various projects when you can only craft one item at at time and need like 50 of them.
  9. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

The main problem I see with this is that the broker would be totally useless for crafted items if everybody could spew out endless supplies of goods for little to no effort. Maybe a better solution would be a crafting quest that would give some kind of "industrial" certification for those who are in "business" and need quantities for things like decorating. Once you get your factory license, you'd be able to hire workers... maybe for a certain cost similar to rent, and increase your employee pool through advancement of your factory level.
  10. ARCHIVED-decator666 Guest

I agree with giving us the ability to make more than 1 at a time or 100 in the case of ammo...I'm quite surprised there isn't something down the tradeskill tree that makes us create extras like 10 instead of 2 food and 1000 instead of 100 of ammo...or something level based as your skill is higher.
    It takes like 1 hour to make food for my characters...not including the time to figure out which food is which...it would be great to be able to just make it all in 1 shot...
    Please make this available somehow.
  11. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Liyle wrote:
    The broker market is already affected by so many people basically crafting for themselves. Bot crafting already allows for people to make loads of goods with little to no effort. Progress potions also help. I don't see a speed increase causing any more harm. Being able to produce items faster doesn't necessarily mean everyone is going to flood the market with goods. A person is still spending money to make the goods and, as in cases presented here, they're just trying to make things for themselves. I've been in that situation and it's a terrible grind. Something should be done to alleviate that further.
    I agree that there should be some sort of gate towards achieving this increase in speed. Making it a prestige ability at the end of 92+ levels seems fair enough.
  12. ARCHIVED-Masqerade Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    I Love all three of your suggestions: Bulk crafting ,auto- complete and assistants that know your recipes and will craft while you're off doing your own thing. Two thumbs up for any or all of those. I made my husband create a carpenter, but he's just not that realiable (SK's.... psh..)! I spend most of my time decorating in game also.. and there's just not enough ...anything... to dull the crafting tedium.
    I also agree this would in no way affect the alreaded flooded broker market. Most players already have a toon that crafts and makes items for themselves. Regardless... If an armorer had 50 cobalt and mass produced 50 chest pieces..with or without the changes... the items are there... doesn't matter how they were made or how fast. The materials still have to be collected and used. You can only make them as fast as you can harvest.
    Cheers.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

Personally, I think it would be neat if the apprentices we already have can be hired for a price to complete crafting projects for us, providing they are not busy researching new spells for us of course.