The Cannon in TSO ????

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Soefoe, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Soefoe Guest

Can someone please tell me if there is a level restriction on the Cannon in the Moors of Ykesha ??? someone told me there was a quest to use it and I walked around 5 times and never saw anyone with a quest and when I right click on the cannon it won't let me go across the gorge

Thanks!!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-vandewar Guest

My guess is "yes".
    I took my level 68 ranger to MoY and I wasn't able to get the quest from the NPC. Without the quest, you can't use the cannon, without the cannon, you can't get to the other side of the gorge (I assume).
    Anyway, I bet there are a lot of folks who will be asking this same question. They should either remove the restriction or let the NPC tell you to come back when you are "more experienced".
    Anyone know what the required level for this quest is?
  3. ARCHIVED-Soefoe Guest

vandewar wrote:
    /AGREE!!!! The only reason I purchased this expansion was because other players were saying they were going to have level 60 zones and it would help me with the alts.....Looks like ALL the zones are 76+ so I could have waited to get this
  4. ARCHIVED-vandewar Guest

Well, keep in mind that this only the Moors of Ykesha. The rest of the new zones are dungeons scattered throughout the existing world and you can get to those from Commonlands, Fens, etc.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gamer1965 Guest

The 3 areas with the lower scaled dungeons are Everfrost, Commonlands and Lavastorm. These instances scale from 50-80.
  6. ARCHIVED-Goemoe Guest

Soefoe wrote:
    If there is only one reason for you to do a certain thing, you should be careful to read stuff before you decide future things. Noone ever told us, there would be a solo area level 60 and up. In fact the only thing not made for endlevel we have been told about is a dungeon scaling from 50 up to anything above. There has never even been news about something 60ish...
    Ykesha is 76/77 and up. It does make sense, not to allow T7 chars in there. I feel with you though, there is not enough stuff for lvl 60 chars to do in the game, since it would be difficult to find KoS groups these days.
  7. ARCHIVED-Terreciel Guest

Level 50+ crafters can travel around safely by using the cannon and the balloons. You need to start the quest by talking to a gnome in the middle of the landing site. Look for the crowd in a circular area that is several steps down from the main level (with the crowds of people). then you'll be able to use the cannon to get to the other side of the gorge, and talk to another gnome there. He'll have a book over his head so you can find him. The balloons are all on identical-looking platforms with short ramps that you have to run up.
    I did all this on my lvl 26 warden/80 carpenter.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kerech Guest

So is there a separate level restriction for crafters? I am a 58 monk/59 tailor. I was able to get the quest and use the cannon.
    A level 68 guildie with no crafting levels was not.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Just an FYI, if you absolutely HAVE to travel to the other parts of the zone, there is always the option of jumping off the island for a 3000 foot fall into the ocean below. I have done it before. You will have to swim quite a ways to get back to land, and then you'll be faced with level 81 aggresive NPCs in both the water and land, but you can make it to the baloon platform if you're careful.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kahlef Guest

Kerec@Venekor wrote:
    Yep. Because the new tradeskill content start at tradeskill level 50. And to start on it you need to go to the Ykesha Moors and do the introductory Far Seas Supply Division qests there before being able to do the ones in the Island of Mara.
    For those interested on the crafting side of it, Niami Denmother made a quick reference chart for all her tradeskill previews.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gamer1965 Guest

Kerec@Venekor wrote:
    That guildie needs to be adventure level 72 to get the quest...
  12. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

>>>You need to start the quest by talking to a gnome in the middle of the landing site. Look for the crowd in a circular area that is several steps down from the main level (with the crowds of people).<<<
    As a matter of interest, why is there a crowd there?
  13. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

So much for new lands which they said were for level 50-80.
  14. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

As already stated, the new lands are for 50+. There are areas in CL, EF, and Lavastorm. It is only Moors that is for 70+....or 50+ crafter.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

I think the whole thing is rediculous actually. There should be NO level restriction period to enter the Moor's. What sense seriously does it make? I typically Duo with my girlfriend's characters. Since she has no problem healing my Wizard and has been grouping with me unmentored since level 65 (mentored prior to that level), what would be the problem? Aside from that of course, why would we restrict any level from entering an "open zone" area of the game. Some of the fun of the game is being in areas where you don't belong and will stand a good chance of dying.
    Lets face it, we send crafters out in the very unfriendly worlds of RoK to complete a master crafting quest based entirely on their trade skill level, so why not allow anyone with less than a half of a brain to visit any open area?
    Yes, I know that you could, as others suggested jump down and swim to get there, but seriously, why not unrestrict the cannon?
  16. ARCHIVED-CirceSiren Guest

LOL.. I like to call my solution.. Ghetto Evac... Just run up to cliff, make sure any hover is off or keep your hover on and pray for a really uber red fish... Gasp, choke, watch life slip away.... Voila rez at a new point. Find your balloon and explore to your hearts content... (Of course my lvl 21 master sage was totally broken by the time I was ready to call home).
  17. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

When I responded to the desperate pleas of a lower level character trying to use the cannon - I grouped and attempted to share the quest with them.
    Received the message that the quest is in fact level restricted:
    ... not eligible to receive the Quest "A Cannon to Sail By" (requires at least artisan level 50 or requires level at least 72)
  18. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

The quests in Tenebrous Tangle were unrestricted when KoS started, but that has subsequently been changed :(
    If a lvl 21 Templar can get up there and run around without getting squished, they should be allowed to do the quests (or at least the collecting quest for the frogs, mah templar got 3 lvls from doing those quests)
  19. ARCHIVED-Paladin776 Guest

Zarador wrote:
    There is no level restriction to entering Moors, the restriction is on the quests located within the zone.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rezimo Guest

I am confused by the need for someone lower than recommended level wanting to enter the Moors. Apart from a multitude (and I do mean a multitude) of level 75+ quests there is not really much more to the Moors. Okay, you may get a bit of AA and exp from exploring but thats about it. Many of the areas are faction based where you need to do quests to be able to raise faction high enough to enter those places safely.
    I would personally feel more disgruntled and aggrieved by going to a zone that I am far too low for and not getting quests or not being able to kill named if I see them. I would prefer to be in zones where I can quest and get decent loot drops from named I can kill.
    The only reason that I can possibly think of for a low level player to want to enter high level areas is to attempt to get collection items to sell for crazy prices on the broker (or pre patch, to exploit the broker that was apparently buying for more than he should have been).
    (For the record, I have 3 level 80's and some lower level characters. I would not even consider taking my lower level characters there).