The biography of a future mystic

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Sens, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Sens Guest

Hello folks,

I thought I'd share the short biography I wrote for my future Dwarven mystic, Drox on Antonia Bayle.

One thing is obvious when you look at Drox, he isn't your average Dwarf. You see, Dwarven society holds that a bushy and full beard is a sign of prestige, and their facial markings are symbols of the sacred earth meant to honor their ancestoral homeland. While most teenagers rebel against societal norms and their parents at some point, most of the time it is a phase that passes. For Drox it just never seemed to come to an end. It's not that he never grew up or failed to assume the responsibilities of adulthood, rather, he just chose a different path and a different means by which to express his faith and respect for his ancestors and uses his bald, beardless, tattooless appearance to cause others to think deeper about the reasons behind the symbolism.

Drox is also about as different on the inside as his appearance is on the outside. Most Dwarven priests enter the service of Brell Serilis and aspire towards to become one of Brell's templars. Drox on the other hand, has chosen the life of a mystic in service to the spirits of our ancestors. Drox hasn't renounced Brell, but he also doesn't hold him in the same reverence as many of his brethren and feels that Brell should have done more for his people. While the priests of the Celestial Watch try to keep the faith in the old Gods alive, Drox seeks to teach the good people of Qeynos, that the power they need to overcome the evil which is growing in Norrath, comes from within themselves. The power is in their blood, it is the gift of our ancestors, and it flows through our bodies.

For Drox, simply preaching the message of hope and blindly following the traditions of society isn't enough. Nothing less than being in the vanguard of the fight will satisfy Drox. He is out to prove through action that the message he teaches is the absolute truth and that our victory will come when we call upon this power that is within us all.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jenovah777 Guest