The Ancient Astronaut Theory of the Akhevans **Editting/Adding Still**

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Kindayr, May 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Hahah! So you are the Arctura that the Dictionary speaks of! I downloaded it last week when i began formulating my theory before i posted this :)
    Much of the theories found in that dictionary helped me out with sorting out my thought and searching for the right lore.
  2. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

(( :cool:

I'm surprised someone had a copy laying around for public download, I thought my HDD was the only resting place for that document hehe, its so old :)

I once compiled a 20,000 + word Sindarin and Qenyan dictionary from every LOTR book I could get my hands on, including all of the Lost Tales books which are quite hard to find. Sadly I lost the entire document in a HDD failure LOL :) (It was about a years worth of work, sorting and building dictionary tables. I was even at the point where I could speak Sindarin or Qenyan (crudely).

The only thing I can remember off the back of my hand is Tennoio Elwenalma ve mine. (which I think, if I spelled it correctly, roughly means 'Together our hearts as one' which I wrote on a love letter once back in my LOTR obsession days :cool:'

Feel free to hotlink the old akhevan dictionary on your original post, it might help out other people formulate their own theories or help break down the language barriers! ;)
    ---
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    No, a lamia is specifically a woman with half a serpent's body.

Naga are similar, but most often are depicted as a snake being with humanoid characteristics like arms.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vanisher123 Guest

Naga EQ2 style

Though it should be more humanoid, not just a head lol.
  5. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

Very nice compilation, I believe a friend of mine is fairly knowledgeable in Akhevan tongue as well.

It does burn the heck out of my eyes though.. and the spacing is a little funky/confusing at some parts.. clean it up and edit it a bit?
  6. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Aye its a little rugged, but its due to the forum. The copy i have, which is colour coded the same and most of the text is the same, though yours is updated i believe, as well as the theories and headings are the same, the spacing seems to be more even.
    If i ever have the time of day, in any of the says soon to come, i'll attempt to clean it out, the one that Arctura posted, and make it comprehensive for those who wish to look into the text of the Akhevans. But I won't have that time for probably a month :S
    Though I promise i will do it!
  7. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

(( not to get off topic, but I believe in EQ2 canon,

Lamias are the demonic humanoid women,
    Nayad are the snakes with humanoid-female-torsos attached, and
    Naga are the snakes with arm-less heads on them.

Despite what other mythological sources say, we must all agree that in EQ2 lore it clearly labels those three as they are.

---

[IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

*pulls out DnD Monster Manual, which most of EQlive/2 canon lore and monsters are based from*
    Naga is head of female, body of snake, but the face has serpentine characteristics as well, such as fork tongue.
    Nayad is not mentioned, though the Yuan-Ti are familiar, though are more towards the Shissar.
    Lastly, Succubi are female demons, who are flawless with bat like attributes.
    Oh, and lamias are actually hostile lion-men, nothing like the EQ2 version.
    The point is, is that we need to stick with EQ2 and EQLive interpretations, or our mindset will become misconstrued with unidealistic representations in -THIS- universe. Names a name, nothing more, its their appearance and attitudes that we need to focus on, not phonetic outbursts.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Maergoth wrote:
    Again, the only "evidence" of the panacea cure being responsible for the transformation is claims from a rival doctor, who made the accusation and then immediately stormed out without offering the interviewer supporting documentation or even a chance to ask questions. This is doubly suspicious if, as has been suggested, said rival doctor is a representative of Bertoxxulous. It seems far more reasonable to me that the rival doctor took an opportunity to discredit Dr. Effin and create mass hysteria, and that the shadowed men were responsible for the chaos rather than taking advantage of it. Transformation of the populace to an alternate form seems to be standard operating procedure for them.

Lamia - Second quest in the Tunare diety line, Those Who Were Lost, has you go and save dryads who were corrupted into lamia. First of the Norrathian races to undergo the transformation seen on other worlds?
  10. ARCHIVED-Gannor Guest

11. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

(( an excellent compilation. You certainly made my measly old dictionary from years past look like a mere flyer ^_^

Great work!))

--

[IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Gannor Guest

It has been a fond hobby of this old Warlord.

Would that it has more use.
  13. ARCHIVED-Burnout Guest

An Overview -- The Shadowed Men are an intelligent planar humanoid of evil tendencies. They are secretly operating on a multitude of worlds. They hail from a planar realm called the Void
    [...]
    These Shadowed Men appear as humanoids with shaded blurry features and four arms.
    [...]
    In further discussion with those few patients in the Infirmary I have deduced that the Shadowed Men have a citadel within our realm, one neither here nor there.
    Any entering this citadel will find no activity. Within this citadel is a means of entering a pocket of their plane of existence and turning the citadel inside out. Enter this pocket and all Shadowed Men and their true citadel shall appear before one?s very eyes.
    [...]
    The Shadowed Men on Norrath are here under the will of a greater power from their native plane. They serve this unknown power in a search for something of great value upon our realm.

http://www.lorelibrary.com/?page=book&bid=15
    - lore&legend book for shadowed men
  14. ARCHIVED-Vanisher123 Guest

Kindayr wrote:
    This got out of hand, all i meant to say was the monsters with "lamia" in their name are of the succubi race in eq2, though none have it in their name In-game.
  15. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

Very nicely done. This post is getting a little shaky though, so lets retouch on something for a second..

Rodcet Nife is almost a definite part of the story regarding Prime. That's a pretty huge coincidence for it to be ignored. His cure is a little strange.. lets think about this.. named after the Greek goddess of healing, Panacea, was supposed to be a remedy that would cure all diseases and prolong life indefinitely. That sounds like a no-no to me.

The other doctor.. the only reason it seems we have so quickly jumped to it being Bertox is his rivalry with Rodcet.. and maybe his field of expertise.

Dr. Bartholomew Oculus, chairman of the Association of Entropio-Atrophic Studies.
    What exactly ARE Entropio-Atrophic studies? Entropic is a word regarding energy dispersion in thermodynamics.. that's all I remember about it. Atrophy? "The partial or complete wasting away of a part of the body". Does he study the amount of energy is released by a body's decay?

Also.. The Remembrances - Tel'riia'mil'an'ane'ie passage: "The last horn shall sound from the Obelisk of Despair and all will know the cycle has ended. Darkness shall wash over the land and all will know nothing." .. what significance does it hold? It makes it seem like there really is a cycle to all this, and they blank out the whole occurrence before starting it again.

Moreover, how are the Akhevans supposed to be involved in all of this? They are a Luclinite race, created shortly after the first Norrathian races.. surely they couldn't have been present for the harvesting of planets which must be long before our time..
  16. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

Some great stuff in this thread, but I personally have a hard time believing the race that became the shadowmen is anyone we have encountered in eq or eq2. How can it be the Akhevans and still match up to this post by Vhalen about the shadowmen?

"The origins of the invisible beings designated as shadowed men seems to have been lost to all, even themselves. It is either the powers of their world or the power of some god that has forsaken the entire race by casting them into a prison realm and stripping them of their history. There is an ancient shissar fable that centers on a race stricken down by the gods and ripped from reality. What the fabled race did to bring such omnipotent wrath down upon them is unknown. Much of the ancient fable is indecipherable. What has been decoded states that as punishment the gods smote the entire race by sending them to "nothing." Their memories were stripped and even written records of them were cast into oblivion. They vanished from reality."
    1. The origins are lost TO ALL (seemingly but still.)
    2. The ENTIRE race was cast into a prison realm and stripped of their history
    3. An ANCIENT shissar fable talks about a race striken by the gods and ripped from reality. Once again the ENTIRE race.
    4. Even written records of them vanished from reality.

How can an entire race of ancient beings that was striken to nothingness for some act be sitting around Luclin? It just doesn't add up.
  17. ARCHIVED-Vanisher123 Guest

RaphaNissi wrote:
    Maybe the former prime healer found the history of the shadowmen (since she we sent to oblivion as well correct?) and that is how she has gotten control of the shadowmen (if she is actually the one behind them)

Edit: Hmm maybe the lamia/succubi just came into norrath by luck with the Shadowmen and night bloods, as to my knowledge they are not in OoLS and Necros can control them/summon them... maybe the shadowmen just hopped through the succubi realm and them followed them into norrath?
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I might be missing another mention somewhere, but if I remember correctly, it was stated that Anashti Sul was "Willed to Non-Existance."
    That doesn't necissarily mean the Oblivion.
  19. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

Vanisher123 wrote:
    Except that it was lost even to themselves. She couldn't have found it if they don't know and no written record exists.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Maergoth wrote:
    Entropy and atrophy are both versions of decay. In the first, basic description would be that the longer a thing runs, the more energy is lost (converted to heat and becomes unusable in thermodynamics) and the more random it becomes. Data loss in information transfers and the proposed heat-death of the universe are both entropic, and the eventual conclusion is that so much usable energy is lost, or so much randomness enters the system, that the system as a whole ceases to function. Atrophy is a bit simpler, meaning decay and degradation.

This part I may be off on, but I've always understood Bertoxxulous to be the god of disease and decay. Certainly a disease in and of itself can be considered entropic, as errors are introduced into the living body system either from external invasion (viruses, bacteria, parasites) or internal failure (genetic mutation, physical break down).

Also, Dr. Bartholomew Oculus. Bart Oculos. Which, verbally, is very close to Bertoxxulous.

I'm not saying it's definite, but to me its just as strong a connection as Rodger Effin = Rodcet Nife. In other words, indirect, possibly coincidental, but not entirely fabricated.