That's right, another raid zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Celestia, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

K, this time it's Siren's Grotto Dissension.

Killed the first...three bosses? Anyway, I activated the portal to the Overlord, he notta there. :(

I've looked and looked, and there's only a handful of info. I don't need to do it in challenge mode, as I don't care that much, I just want the trophy.

People said something about dispelling a shield on the turtile guy, but I just one shot him, is that a script fail?
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

SO, I tried it on two mages, mentored to 95 and everything. But I think I must kill the turtle guy too fast without being able to target the shield on the warcouncil. Gonna try again, if I don't get it this time, I'll wait a couple days and try again.
  3. Riverbear Active Member

I am not certain there is a market for your custom friend.
    I agree it can be enjoyable to revisit previous content and to collect the trophies there to be gotten.
    Yet it may not draw much response in light of what you are doing is recreational even in this recreational environment ;)
    You may want to switch one or even a few pieces of gear for @ lvl gear you are touring.
    Just enough to mitigate your boom so as to not break scripts.
    Hope that helps.
    tasnee likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Gen'Ra = use Magic Dispelling devices on the barrier until it drops and the others engage into the battle. Only then can you kill everything.

Overlord Talan -- Send some weak mercenary to keep him occupied but not be able to hurt him while you wait for the chance to stabilize the combine portal. Kill him.

Walk up to the barrier and kill Psyllon'Ris.
    Sigrdrifa and tasnee like this.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thank you both. I think I will just keep using this thread to task about future raids. Still have a lot to get. :)
  6. Bramdar Active Member

My guildmates and I did this raid for the trophies 2 or 3 months ago. It took us a few tries, but we got them.

I think we mentored to 95, but I don't remember for sure (I think we initially tried mentoring to 100, but the Overlord was grey even after he levels up in challenge mode.)

For both Overload and Gen'Ra, you have to wait for colorful text to appear in order to indicate the challenge mode requirement before you can act. That means no damage to either mob, since you'll likely one-shot them. Turn off all buffs that proc damage, including your familiar, set mercs to passive, and turn your back to the mob while fighting it to avoid ripostes.

For the Gen'Ra fight, I think you have to click near the base of the barriers in order to be able to target them to dispel. But I kept him away from the barriers while my guildmates did the dispelling, so I'm not certain.
    tasnee likes this.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks!
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Level 105 is the highest you can chrono down and still get loot, but yeah you have to turn off all forms of damage and your mercs in order to not one-shot the enemy. Just target the barriers and dispell them. It takes me 4 of the tinkered level 120 versions for the barrier to come down while Gen'Ra just tries to attack me.