1. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

I see that this website/forum is up but eq2players is not ... THANK YOU! Please don't bring it back up until it works correctly.

Things I would like to see fixed or added before it is back up:
    -The ability to log into your profile and make changes to your characters without getting thrown to an error screen before ANY change can actually go through. This is my primary issue with the site.
    -The ability to see what items are on your characters. PvP gear still not an option? How about adornments? How about real health/power? How about AA's properly being displayed?
    -Leadership forums could make a little more sense, especially for PvP. How about the ability to search PvP by Kills vs Deaths ratio? Seems pretty obvious to be the most desirable search.

Anyway, I think the site has great potential if it just actually worked. In the meantime though, it really is so inaccurate and bugged that I'd rather it be gone until it works correctly.
  2. ARCHIVED-drakkenshield Guest

Splatterpunk28 wrote:
    I wish it were back... I used it almost daily... :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

It's back and it does seem I can log into my profile for the first time in a year and make changes so that's a nice start.
  4. ARCHIVED-Beermizer Guest

It is still broken. Nothing was done to the site.
  5. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

The site is as broken as ever. Nothing has changed ...
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The completely new EverQuest2.com including new EQ2Players site/service are almost done and should be live in the coming weeks/months. They wanted to unveil it at Fan Faire but there was already a ton of stuff to announce.
  7. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

One would think fixing the website would be the very first thing that a company would do. Sadly not so.
  8. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

SOE has one Platform department. Their time was consumed by DCUO, PlanetSide Next, and a certain security breach you might have heard about. But they are working on the new EQ2 site now.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sty Frost Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Weeks, months, years, decades, life times ect... we have heard shallow words many times before. I wont beleive it until I can see it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    At least two of those events weren't in-progress a year ago, and the site was still in the advanced stages of neglect. Retroactive excuse-making is amusing, but c'mon.
    I hope the Web Team is indeed working on it, but I'll believe it when I see it.
  11. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

A year ago, EQ2Players got merged into EverQuest2.com. It was very poorly handled and there were numerous bugs. To date, the Javascript on EverQuest2.com is extremely bloated and is something like 1,000 lines of code.

Shortly after the half-baked EverQuest2.com revamp, there was a staffing shakeup in the Platform department. One wonders if it was because of how shoddily the revamp turned out.

So at this point I'm not sure who on Platform is working on the new site. But what I do know is that the EQ2 team have finished their side of the equation with a totally new Data Feeds server. At this point, it's all up to Platform (Bristlebane help us!). I'm not counting on a new EverQuest2.com or EQ2Players site. I'm waiting to gain access to the same data so I can do my own site.
  12. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Amen, brother. I'd in fact be happy if they granted access to the feed before waiting for the platform team to finish their implementation.
  13. ARCHIVED-Sty Frost Guest

and by the way your site rocks feldon
  14. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Early access for us devs sure would be nice, so we could already start adapting our existing code to it... I don't feel like scrambling to rewrite a parser at the last minute as every existing Rostermaster installation will be broken.
  15. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Sty Frost wrote:
    Thanks. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Seconded.